Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1

Pizza Hut introduces hot dog stuffed crust pizza in the U.K.

This gives new meaning to the pizza dog.

Pizza Hut, the company that first brought us the stuffed crust pizza, has created new hot dog-stuffed crust that made it’s debut this week in the United Kingdom.

According to Pizza Hut the concoction is: “Succulent hot dog sausage bursting from our famous stuffed crust, with a FREE Mustard Drizzle,” it wrote on its website.
    http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/...d-crust-pizza/

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    Yes, it's for the American tourist market.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I hope it's actually more of a sausage and less of a generic hot dog. Sausage would be cool, the same can't be said for hot dog.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Knowing the Brits, it's probably some blood sausage/tripe/haggis type concoction.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I pretty much agree with Ducky, although I think hotdog could be good, except it would have to have a natural type casing, like all-beef Viennas or Hebrew National, to give the 'dog that snap when you bite it. It could almost be like a pretzel-wrapped 'dog. Nothing worse than a hot dog that's just mush all the way through.

What can I say...I'm from Chicago so I have high standards for my hot dogs. While I love a good chardog, nothing beats one boiled or steamed. With peppers, relish, tomatos, and a pickle spear. And mustard...NO KETCHUP!

Where's bird1 to back me on this??
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    I pretty much agree with Ducky, although I think hotdog could be good, except it would have to have a natural type casing, like all-beef Viennas or Hebrew National, to give the 'dog that snap when you bite it. It could almost be like a pretzel-wrapped 'dog. Nothing worse than a hot dog that's just mush all the way through.

What can I say...I'm from Chicago so I have high standards for my hot dogs. While I love a good chardog, nothing beats one boiled or steamed. With peppers, relish, tomatos, and a pickle spear. And mustard...NO KETCHUP!

I'll back you on that - I love Chicago dogs and don't have them nearly as often as I'd like. Many years ago Wendy's used to have a Chicago dog on their menu and it was surprisingly close to the real thing.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I don't know that I've actually had a real Chicago dog, but I'm picky about what I put on. For me, there's no other way to eat one than either steamed or boiled with chili, onions and mustard on a gently steamed bun.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    A hotdog only needs ketchup. Nothing else unless you are adding chili and nacho cheese...mmmm.

Dammit now I'm hungry again
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    No ketchup.

ICK!

Mustard.

And not inside a pizza crust.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I'll back you on that - I love Chicago dogs and don't have them nearly as often as I'd like. Many years ago Wendy's used to have a Chicago dog on their menu and it was surprisingly close to the real thing.
    Sonic has them around here, along with coney dogs and some other local types. They look good on the commercial, even have the poppy seed buns, but I'm afraid that they'll use cheap-o mushy hot dogs, which would ruin it for me.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

IMGreat101 is offline The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2

backing ya here too

Vienna, Hebrew, or Wimmers would rate high on my list.

Chicago? You best have some Eli's Cheesecake too!
    To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

IMGreat101 is offline The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    A hotdog only needs ketchup. Nothing else unless you are adding chili and nacho cheese...mmmm.

Dammit now I'm hungry again
    Wrapped in bacon and fried, then topped with cream cheese.

To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Sonic has them around here, along with coney dogs and some other local types. They look good on the commercial, even have the poppy seed buns, but I'm afraid that they'll use cheap-o mushy hot dogs, which would ruin it for me.
    The ones here are actually pretty good and fairly close to the real thing , even has sports peppers.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by IMGreat101 View Post
    backing ya here too

Vienna, Hebrew, or Wimmers would rate high on my list.

Chicago? You best have some Eli's Cheesecake too!
    And crab cakes from Heaven on Seven, followed by some deep dish from Lou Malnati's. Yeah, it's a chain of sorts, but I cant get enough of that place when I go home.

For hot dogs, it's a tie between Fluky's and Portillos.

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    And crab cakes from Heaven on Seven, followed by some deep dish from Lou Malnati's. Yeah, it's a chain of sorts, but I cant get enough of that place when I go home.

For hot dogs, it's a tie between Fluky's and Portillos.
    I LOVE Heaven on Seven and Portillo's, I almost always get the Italian beef sandwich (dipped, and with hot peppers) at Portillo's.

The coney island hot dog that Detroit is known for is a good one. It has to be a natural casing hot dog, topped with chili, mustard, and onions. On my last trip to MI, I brought back retail packages of the chili and hot dogs so I can make them here.

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    The ones here are actually pretty good and fairly close to the real thing , even has sports peppers.
    I had one at a Sonic in FL and it was pretty good. The NY dog was good too, and the coney dog was okay but it didn't come close to the Detroit coney dog.

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I had one at a Sonic in FL and it was pretty good. The NY dog was good too, and the coney dog was okay but it didn't come close to the Detroit coney dog.

This is the best place in the Baton Rouge area for dogs. The owner, like 121Traffic , is a displaced Chicagoan. I know this surprises you but I think I've tried at least one of everything on the menu.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    This is the best place in the Baton Rouge area for dogs. The owner, like 121Traffic , is a displaced Chicagoan. I know this surprises you but I think I've tried at least one of everything on the menu.

You've tried everything on the menu? No way!!

It looks like an awesome place!

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huxJ1p8KTxI
    In how many visits?
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jks9199 View Post
    In how many visits?
    I'm planning on a second visit in the near future.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information