Welcome to the APBWeb.
    IMGreat101 is offline The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2

Pop up restaurant idea.

The chefs said they're used to memorizing menus, but it's a little different when the restaurant exists only for three days.
    Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iow...#ixzz2Hln9w3jJ

http://www.hoytsherman.org/
    To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Pop-ups have been around in other areas for a couple of years now. I'm not totally sold on the concept, but a lot of people think they're great.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Pop-ups have been around in other areas for a couple of years now. I'm not totally sold on the concept, but a lot of people think they're great.
    I was not watching the news very close as of late. The restaurant is booked solid all three days and I had not heard of this until yesterday.
    I think the problem would be getting the people with the name recognition is the egos involved. But it fills the pop up.
    Also, timing would be critical. The winter months here are ideal for such an event.
    I am going to stop here because I see the word "chef" in the article. http://www.acfchefs.org/Content/Navi...ls/default.htm

To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by IMGreat101 View Post
    I am going to stop here because I see the word "chef" in the article. http://www.acfchefs.org/Content/Navi...ls/default.htm

What do you mean by that? You have issues with the ACF?

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I like having a place I like that I can go back to over and over. I'm not sure about a place for just a couple of days.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    What do you mean by that? You have issues with the ACF?
    Not at all. I have a problem with people throwing the earned title of Chef on anyone who cooks. When I hear someone use the word Chef, I always ask if they are certified. And yes, I do correct them. I also correct anyone who calls me a Chef. "Well, I am not certified, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night."

http://www.foodrepublic.com/2012/02/...one-chef-today
    To Live Is To Eat

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by IMGreat101 View Post
    Not at all. I have a problem with people throwing the earned title of Chef on anyone who cooks. When I hear someone use the word Chef, I always ask if they are certified. And yes, I do correct them. I also correct anyone who calls me a Chef. "Well, I am not certified, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night."

http://www.foodrepublic.com/2012/02/...one-chef-today
    I remember that article. I agree, the term "Chef" is very often applied when it shouldn't be. We have the whole "cooking-as-entertainment" thing to thank for that. Situations and attitudes generally determine whether or not I call someone out on their use of the term. I don't necessarily ask about certification, but I do ask where and for whom they've worked or where they were trained. Or I'll watch and see how they present their plate, if it's in proper form or not. I can always recognize a poseur. Always.

And I HATE that anybody can flip through a gift catalog and order cheap toques or embroidered chef coats to wear when their stupid friends come over.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I remember that article. I agree, the term "Chef" is very often applied when it shouldn't be. We have the whole "cooking-as-entertainment" thing to thank for that. Situations and attitudes generally determine whether or not I call someone out on their use of the term. I don't necessarily ask about certification, but I do ask where and for whom they've worked or where they were trained. Or I'll watch and see how they present their plate, if it's in proper form or not. I can always recognize a poseur. Always.

And I HATE that anybody can flip through a gift catalog and order cheap toques or embroidered chef coats to wear when their stupid friends come over.
    +1

If I could find some of my foodie friends pics. One got a gift from his wife, an ill fitting "chef coat". The other in a "chef coat" and cheap toque. Posed with arms crossed holding two large knives.

I do not like the word "foodie" either.

If I find those pics I may need to move this thread.
    To Live Is To Eat

Thread Information