Welcome to the APBWeb.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Captain America

Thread: Buffet employee posts video showing prepared meat placed next to dumpster covered by flies

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Buffet employee posts video showing prepared meat placed next to dumpster covered by flies

The video was taken by Brandon Huber, an employee at the Golden Corral on Taylor Road in Port Orange, and shows him in his work uniform filming as he walks toward an enclosed area for garbage outside the eatery.
    Huber points to trays of raw hamburger meat, bacon, babyback ribs and other food stacked in the June heat near a Dumpster. On the video, Huber says the restaurant was going to be inspected and his employer put the food outside.
    Eric Holm, the franchisee who owns the Golden Corral as well as 27 others in the Orlando-Atlanta area, issued a short statement Monday that did not dispute the video. Holm said the manager was fired and the food was thrown away and not served to any patrons.
    “None of these items were served to a single customer. All were destroyed within the hour at the direction of management. Brandon Huber, the employee who made the video, participated in the disposal of the food,” wrote Holm with Metro Corral Partners.
    In the last line of the statement, Holm also wrote: “The manager involved in the improper storage was terminated for failing to follow approved food handling procedures.”

Holm, the restaurant owner, called Port Orange police on July 1 and complained that someone had posted the video on eBay and was asking $5,000 for it, a police report shows. He told a detective he was concerned someone was trying to blackmail his business.
    When Investigator Jeff Wenzel viewed the video with Holm, he told the restaurateur that no crime had occurred because there was no indication that anyone was trying to elicit anything from Golden Corral. Rather, the video was “posted to the public for whomever wished to have the information,” the report states.
    The elder Huber told the investigator that his son works at the restaurant and was very concerned about the eatery's “mishandling of food prior to serving it to customers.” William Huber said he attempted to broach the issue with management at Golden Corral, but “they would not listen to him,” the report states. The father said he wanted to make the public aware of the situation and he felt the only way to do that was to post the video on eBay. William Huber said he put a dollar amount on the video in order to garner attention from the public, according to the report. The father then removed the video from eBay, the report states.
    The investigator told William Huber that posting it on eBay probably was not the best way to air his concerns about a possible mishandling of food at the restaurant. The investigator suggested William Huber call state officials who are responsible for inspecting restaurants, according to the report.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/ar...p=all&tc=pgall

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'll never be able to eat at Golden Corral now. Oh wait, I didn't anyway.

Sent from the future with CyanogenMod.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    He'll be the next one hiding out in the Moscow Airport Transit Passenger Lounge asking for asylum.
    lewisipso, Xiphos and Mark7 like this.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Thread Information