Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Hey Baumshoe

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

Hey Baumshoe

I don't know if this is something you'd typically carry, but I want to bring it up.

I bought a pair of "Yak-Trax" a month or two ago for duty wear. They are rubber frames that slide on the bottoms of your boots. There are steel coils (not spikes or cleats) on the bottom of the rubber frame, giving you the ability to walk on snow, ice, sleet, and whatever else mother nature throws your way.

They work AWESOME. Just curious if this is something you'd be interested in picking up for our cold weather LEO's. If not, all LEO's who work in the snow should consider buying these things..they're amazing.

http://yaktrax.com/
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

baumshoe is offline Baumshoe Law Enforcement Supply
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Just sent for a dealer information packet. Thanks for the suggestion..

chris2001 is offline Captain
    I got a pair for Christmas from my girlfriends dad. I can say this I am glad I got them. They are amazing. Easy to put on your shoes/boots and easy to take off.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2001 View Post
    I got a pair for Christmas from my girlfriends dad. I can say this I am glad I got them. They are amazing. Easy to put on your shoes/boots and easy to take off.
    YES
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Let me get this straight. When it snows, you actually get out and walk in it?

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Roses is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    It's more like step sink, step sink, lift step sink, lift step sink....

http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/1369/rosekdrosetransp9fk2eb.gif

A Smile

A smile cost nothing, but gives so much.

It enriches those who receive it,
    without making poorer those who give.
    It takes but a moment, but the memory
    of it sometimes lasts forever.

None is so rich or mighty that he
    can get along without it,
    and none is so poor but that
    he can be made rich by it.

A smile creates happiness in the home,
    fosters goodwill in business,
    and is the countersign of friendship.

It brings rest to the weary,
    cheer to the discouraged, sunshine to the sad,
    and it is nature's best antidote for trouble.

Yet it cannot be bought, begged, borrowed,
    or stolen, for it is something that is of no
    value to anyone until it is given away.

Some people are too tired to give you a smile.
    Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile
    so much as he who has no more to give.

- author unknown

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Yes.

It's called police work.

Not all of us get to hide out and play game boy on our shift .
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Quote Originally Posted by Roses View Post
    It's more like step sink, step sink, lift step sink, lift step sink....

Thats only if there is no slipping and sliding involved. Then its sink slip scream oh shit. Sink Slip scream oh shit. Sink Slip scream oh shit.

nsb22 is offline Crazilicious
    And some of us even fall down in it. Not me lately though.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
    -- Ambrose Redmoon

The views and postings of NSB22 are in no way shared or supported by NSB22's employers.

Thread Information