Pulse™ Smartpen Question - Anyone carry it/ is it any good?
I was wondring if one of the vendors has evaluated this gizmo ir carries it - Sounda interesting to me, since taking complete legible notes while people are talking is very hard for me:
Basically it is an indexed audio recorder - As you write, you're creating fast-forward stop points, so if you need to know what exactly someone said as you incorrectly wrote down their phone number, for example, you tap the phone number you wrote down, an it plays the audio of what you were being told at that moment.
And of course both your writing and the audio can be downloaded to a PC, so your notes become links to the audio segment, like a link on a web page.
It also records in stereo from the earbuds, so you an supposedly tell where a voce is coming from (in front of you, behind you, or off to the side) when you play it back.
1GB Pulse™ Smartpen
The 1.3 oz. anodized aluminum Pulse™ smartpen records audio and links it what you write.
The 1GB of memory can hold over 100 hours. Actual recording time varies by audio quality setting.
Requires Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista
- Capture Everything:
The Pulse smartpen records audio and links it to what you write. Missed something? Tap on your notes or drawings with the tip of your Pulse smartpen to hear what was said while you were writing.
- No Need to Lug the Laptop:
The Pulse smartpen automatically captures everything as you write and draw. Transfer your notes to your computer, organize them, and even search for words within your notes. Find what you want in seconds.
- Share Your Notes:
Transform your notes and audio into interactive movies. Upload your creations online for everyone to see, hear and play.
- What You Get
- The Pulse smartpen (1.3 ounces, anodized aluminum housing)
- 1 GB of memory (actual user available memory will be less)
- Livescribe Desktop software (download)
- 3-D Recording Headset
- 100 sheet dot paper college-ruled notebook
- USB mobile charging cradle
- Smartpen case
- 3 black fine point ink cartridges + 1 stylus cartridge
- Demo card and interactive stickers
- Interactive Getting Started Guide
- What You Need
- Windows XP™ SP2 or Windows Vista™ operating system*
- 600MHz CPU or higher
- 300 MB minimum free disk space
- Available USB port
- Internet connection
- Works Only With Livescribe Dot Paper