Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Bluegrass Holsters is offline Custom Holster Maker
    Authorized Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    The matching mag holder idea is nice, how about a combo mag and cuff carrier?

not a problem.....well, maybe one, the combo pouches and the stand alone mag pouches are in the design stages. I will have OWB, IWB, and combo IWB/OWB mag pouches, and will have OWB combo pouches available shortly. I might also try IWB combo pouches for mags and lights, however, not sure if a set of cuffs could be reinserted into an IWB pouch.....
    Just a not to all of the folks reading some of these answers.....whenever I get ready to trial some new items I typically send them to folks willing to evaluate them honestly and work with me to make a better product. If you are willing to assist in product development, send me an email to morgan "@" bluegrassholsters dot com and let me know what you would like to trial. I will keep your name on file for that type of item and will choose a couple folks to assist. Payment for those assisting is the actual final product free.

thanks again to all who have helped so far. I am looking forward to additional ideas.

A new question....If you could make just one improvement in your concealed holster, or other concealed gear, what would it be?

take care
    Brock Morgan
    Bluegrass Holsters
    www.bluegrassholsters.com

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrass Holsters View Post
    A new question....If you could make just one improvement in your concealed holster, or other concealed gear, what would it be?
    I'd try to make it easier to clean and care for.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Authorized Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Great replies Brock, and thank you.

I will order soon, and will call before I do.

As for the movement while seated a la the old ARG holster, if you look at "ayoob rear guard" on say, Rosen's site, you can see how it has a single loop. This allows the gun to move slightly at that pivot point so when you sit it doesn't bind.
    Thanks....I will look at it. I have one I carried for years similar to what you are describing, and actually have one slated for development soon. I never saw any shifting with the exception of it never seemed to have a consistent cant....probably because of what you are describing. I took it to be a detrimental issue and not a benefit....and you like it? Perhaps I should look at it again. Would you be using it for full-size firearms or more along the line of subcompacts?

I will be happy to assist you. Also, your last comment about being able to be cleaned. The finish that I currently use means that you can wipe the holster down with a damp rag and not have any problems. You can touch up the finish with neutral Kiwi.

Take care!
    Brock Morgan
    Bluegrass Holsters

Jks9199 is online now The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Wow! Great responses to our input. Sounds like your interior finish process addresses the issue of bits of leather/crap already.

I like the look of the Mason-Dixon; it seems to address what I'm after. Maybe ordering one soon...

Regarding small of the back carry... I'm not a personal fan because I've spent years carrying my gun on my right hip, and I know that under pressure odds are that I'll reach for it there. But it does have some concealment advantages...

How's this for a concealment challenge: full size Glock 22. I'm a big guy (bigger than I need to be, to be honest), and I have a hell of a time concealing the full size gun.

For that matter... how about a holster capable of reasonably accomodating either the full size Glock or the "baby" Glock 27? Rather than needing two holsters...
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Authorized Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jks9199 View Post
    Wow! Great responses to our input. Sounds like your interior finish process addresses the issue of bits of leather/crap already.

It really does....I have been carrying mine for almost a year and not a bit of leather leftovers...and that includes my stainless 220 where it would really be noticeable!

I like the look of the Mason-Dixon; it seems to address what I'm after. Maybe ordering one soon...

Regarding small of the back carry... I'm not a personal fan because I've spent years carrying my gun on my right hip, and I know that under pressure odds are that I'll reach for it there. But it does have some concealment advantages...

It really does have some advantages, and like many things, if you are going to carry there then one has to weigh the pros and cons. If you never encounter bad guys, go FOF with them, aren't bothered with a brick in your back when you drive, etc, then that style of carry might work for someone....I just hate to see someone make that choice without a bit of knowledge to make an informed decision.

As for muscle memory....my personal belief is that if you carry at the 3:00 position on duty, then that is where you should carry off duty, too, if possible. Being just a bit off of 3:00 can cause me to get a bad grip when I shot competions....having some tactical girth allows me the pleasure to conceal nicely at 3:00 without discomfort or printing with my rigs.

How's this for a concealment challenge: full size Glock 22. I'm a big guy (bigger than I need to be, to be honest), and I have a hell of a time concealing the full size gun.

That will not be an issue with my alternate IWB versions which are being called EC's which stand for "Extreme Cant" as they will place the grip more inline with the body minimizing the butt printing "out the back".

For that matter... how about a holster capable of reasonably accomodating either the full size Glock or the "baby" Glock 27? Rather than needing two holsters...

In this case, an IWB holster built for the 22 would indeed be able to accommodate the 27....because of the extreme differences in slide length, you would have to be careful to watch for any damage to the distal slide area of the holster below the level of the 27....damage could occur there with time. I cannot give you an exact answer to this thought as I have not built a holster for the 22 and tested it over time with a 27, however, the hardening process I use with molding does cause some pretty serious hardening of the holster.

Swapping either of them in an OWB would not be an issue at all as the main retention molding points are the ejection port, trigger guard, and any extrusions along the firearm slide/frame.
    hope this helps.....again, thanks for the ideas and input
    Brock Morgan
    Bluegrass Holsters

AITG is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    As a left hander, I prefer (translation: only use) paddle holsters off duty. Since belts go around your waist counter-clockwise, removing a belt loop holster on a lefty means removing your belt - a PITA.
    Yes, I could probably learn to wear my belt backwards ... but I won't.
    On the subject of paddle holsters -
    #1. I'd like a leather paddle that doesn't pinch my butt every time I sit down.
    #2. I really like the flip hood retention system ... but that may be patented.
    #3. Lined or unlined, I don't want to mar up my guns. I don't mind carrying a Glock in Kydex, but my Smith and my FN only see leather.
    If I wanted people to like me I'd be a fireman.

Authorized Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by AITG View Post
    On the subject of paddle holsters -

#1. I'd like a leather paddle that doesn't pinch my butt every time I sit down.

I would like to be able to speak with you when I get to developing that product. I have limited experience with paddles and have some general idea of things I would like to do constructionwise, however, first hand knowledge is always the best. If you will PM your email and phone I would like to ask some questions and get better educated.

#2. I really like the flip hood retention system ... but that may be patented.

Yep...those kinds of things are patented by the big boys with lots of money. I will be offering one or two options as previously stated. Sorry on the hood, though.

#3. Lined or unlined, I don't want to mar up my guns. I don't mind carrying a Glock in Kydex, but my Smith and my FN only see leather.

My kind of person....especially since I don't make kydex holsters. I am set up for it, and have kydex in stock, but hate the mess and leather just smells so much better....and besides, whoever heard the phrase "clearing kydex"? It just doesn't sound sexy!
    Thanks for the input and let me know how to contact you for the paddle ideas. take care
    Brock Morgan
    Bluegrass Holsters

OfficerResource.com is offline Site Administrator
    Verified LEO
    All Leo's need to check out the verified LEO section. Officer Resource is giving away a holster of the winners choice from Bluegrass Holsters!!!

AITG is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    PM sent.
    If I wanted people to like me I'd be a fireman.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I like to carry an OWB open top that just covers the ejection port / trigger guard area (like the old yaqui style). This way I can carry either my Glock 21 or 30 in the same holster. Also any thought about putting snaps on the belt loops so it can be taken off quickly? I like this for long drives in a car. I can just unsnap it and set it in the center console. I looked at your website and didn't notice anything for the Glock 30. I am thinking of getting a IWB for it. Thanks Phil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information