Welcome to the APBWeb.
    DIESEL326 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO

Trojan Tactical offers a Cold Steel Group Purchase!!!

Hello guys and gals!
    I don't know that I have ever mentioned here at O/R, but in addition to making holsters and concealment gear, I am also a Cold Steel dealer. Why? Because I just like guns, knives, and anything else that might help rid the world of bad guys, and Cold Steel happens to make good knives at fair prices.

However, I rarely order a lot of Cold Steel stuff at one time, since I rarely have time to take knives around and sell them. But, it's time to get up another order, and I'm trying to spread the word.

So, here's the deal, and it is open to anyone here at O/R, or any friends you have elsewhere. Check out their website at COLDSTEEL.com and see what you might want. If you see something you like, email me. The price you'll pay is 40% off of the listed price on their site plus shipping. Obviously, I'm not trying to get rich by selling knives... I'm just trying to offer a good deal on some good cutlery.
    Of course we can also whip you up a nice sheath should you find something that fits your fancy.

I'll probably take this offer through the end of the month, maybe longer, we'll just see how it goes. As I said, please share this with anyone that you thinkmay be looking for a new blade.
    "Aim small, miss small."

Verified LEO
    I'll try and put up a detailed review later, but I will tell you all that I have been nothing but pleased with the two Cold Steels knives that I purchased. I carry an American Lawman every single day, and it is quite a handy knife. The blade is substacial enough to do big chores, yet wieldy enough to handle "finesse" jobs. The blade came shaving sharp out of the box, and it lasted for quite a while. I've since resharpened it once, and it is as good as new.

The other knife I bought was the Spartan. It is the most heinous folding knife I've ever handled. I keep it in my go bag, and primarily use it when I going in the woods for one reason or another. It cuts as good as any knife I've ever had, and it chops like a hatchet. I'm a huge of big recurved blades, and that expains my love for this knife. The handle is very comfortable and versatile too. If for some reason I couldn't take a gun somewhere, I'd be pretty comfortable having the Spartan for close quarters fighting or as a GET OFF OF ME weapon. But I don't hit the woods without my Spartan. Just two of my personal recommendations.
    "Aim small, miss small."

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I can attest to that Spartan. I went through an LE edged weapons class a few weeks ago. We had a knife pass-around session for everyone to show everyone else their preferred blade. The instructor whipped that thing out of his pocket. It is a bad mickey fickey, and would be absolutely effective at any task you threw at it, including use as a secondary deadly force option.

I have carried a RECON 1 blade in the past as a primary duty and off-duty blade. I would never have considered picking up my Benchmade AFOII auto if I hadn't forgotten to put my Cold Steel in my checked bag before trying to board a plane. There's no story there...I was just running late to a flight, realized when I was emptying my pockets at TSA that I still had it on me. Didn't have time to mail it, and I wasn't going to pay some exorbitant amount to ship it from TSA (almost as much as the knife itself cost)...so some TSA guy got a nice knife out of the "trash can" he offered out to me I guess. I would have replaced it with another Cold Steel, but they put a new locking mech on it that I wasn't as comfortable with, and a Benchmade came along at the right price. I liked the older style Ultra Lock they were equipped with that has since been discontinued.

Anyway, GREAT blades, and I would suggest them to anyone who wants a premier folder or full-tang fixed blade at a reasonable price. I'll definitely be purchasing from this deal!
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    I can attest to that Spartan. I went through an LE edged weapons class a few weeks ago. We had a knife pass-around session for everyone to show everyone else their preferred blade. The instructor whipped that thing out of his pocket. It is a bad mickey fickey, and would be absolutely effective at any task you threw at it, including use as a secondary deadly force option.

I have carried a RECON 1 blade in the past as a primary duty and off-duty blade. I would never have considered picking up my Benchmade AFOII auto if I hadn't forgotten to put my Cold Steel in my checked bag before trying to board a plane. There's no story there...I was just running late to a flight, realized when I was emptying my pockets at TSA that I still had it on me. Didn't have time to mail it, and I wasn't going to pay some exorbitant amount to ship it from TSA (almost as much as the knife itself cost)...so some TSA guy got a nice knife out of the "trash can" he offered out to me I guess. I would have replaced it with another Cold Steel, but they put a new locking mech on it that I wasn't as comfortable with, and a Benchmade came along at the right price. I liked the older style Ultra Lock they were equipped with that has since been discontinued.

Anyway, GREAT blades, and I would suggest them to anyone who wants a premier folder or full-tang fixed blade at a reasonable price. I'll definitely be purchasing from this deal!
    That sucks about your knife. Last year when I flew to NYC, I realized (midflight between Birmingham and Dallas) that I still had on my badge and Kabar TDI last ditch knife on a neck lanyard. Talk about freaking out! I somehow made it from B'ham, to Dallas, to Laguardia with the whole deal on...

But as you stated, I've been nothing but impressed with Cold Steel thus far. I will hopefully pick up a fixed blade on this order myself! My Dad carries a Recon 1, and absolutely loves it. He bought it as a deer skinner, and then just never left it at home.
    "Aim small, miss small."

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Sweet...
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESEL326 View Post
    That sucks about your knife. Last year when I flew to NYC, I realized (midflight between Birmingham and Dallas) that I still had on my badge and Kabar TDI last ditch knife on a neck lanyard. Talk about freaking out! I somehow made it from B'ham, to Dallas, to Laguardia with the whole deal on...
    Holy shit! Now that you posted that, say hi to the black helicopters for me when they get there. Seriously, how did that happen? Meanwhile, we're groping little kids in the interests of "security." On the plus side, you're a verified TSA-defeating ninja!
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Safe Maker II.

Worn in my duty boot and carried when I'm running.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm a huge Cold Steel nut.

I wish I could scratch together the bones to buy one of their dirks and claymores to match my skean dhub.

When I wear my kilt, I enjoy having a real blade rather than a costume piece.

http://www.coldsteel.com/scottishdirk.html

http://www.coldsteel.com/scottishbroad.html
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Reca is offline Administrator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    Do they have any switch blades?
    Check your feelings at the door!

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Unfortunately they don't offer any switches or automatics at this time. With that said, several of their folders have a mechanism made to allow lightening fast deployment straight out of the pocket. The Ti-lite has a switchblade style blade and is designed to self open on the draw. My partner has the 6" Ti-lite and it is quite formidable. The Spartan and Rajah series also have pocket catches that deploy the blade out or the pocket.

Mac... Have you checked out the new Hold Out? There is a lot of Scottish influence on that folder.
    "Aim small, miss small."

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    Ok the video for the Spartan is BAD ASS.

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    I want one just going to decide between the lawman, mini lawman and the AK-47

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Reca View Post
    Ok the video for the Spartan is BAD ASS.
    Check out the Rajah II:

Rajah Series : Cold Steel Folding Knives / Pocket Knives

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

pgg
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I want one also. The question is which one?

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Folks on some other sites asked about ColdSteel swords. They are included. I giving some real thought to this:

Sharpeners : Knife Sharpeners (Cold Steel Knives)

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    For those considering a good every day carry knife, I HIGHLY recommend the American Lawman. Second choice would be the Recon 1.

The Rajah II is HIGH on my list of stuff I still want, but I'm lacking a good fixed blade, so there is likely an SRK in my nearest future.

RECA... You should really watch all of the videos you can stand on there, they are awesome as far as entertainment goes. There is one (that I can't find right now) for the Short Assegai spear that is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
    "Aim small, miss small."

Verified LEO
    Alright... Since I have been completely drowning at work and I'm just getting up for a breath of air finally, Cold Steel deal is going through the end of May. I only order knives a couple of time a year, so if you're on the fence you may want to take that into consideration. (look for another one around November... When I order all of my achristmas presents!)
    Thanks guys!
    "Aim small, miss small."

pgg
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Got the two I ordered in today. They are sweet

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    Nice knives on that site. I like the tanto style boot knife, I may get one of those in the near future (God willing- fundage is pretty tight for me right now).
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

Verified LEO
    I am going to try and put up some mini-reviews, but I picked up a couple of things this go around as well. My take was a Bushman (hollow handled utility/ camping knife that can be converted into a spear), an SRK (fixed blade), a Trench Hawk, and last but certainly not least, a Spetznaz shovel.

The Spetznaz shovel may be one of the coolest tools I've ever had the pleasure of abusing. I digs like a shovel, chops like a hatchet, and throws (yes, throws) like a tomahawk! I've been beating the heck out of this thing ever since it came in, and it seems genuinely indestructible. As for my other items, the SRK went directly onto my sniper rig, and the Bushman went straight into my camping/ bug out bag. I'm yet to be dissappointed with any of my Cold Steel gear.
    "Aim small, miss small."

Thread Information