Welcome to the APBWeb.
    10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO

Cop Owns Dog With Taser *Video*

http://www.filecrush.com/files/dogtasered.html

This Officer does a great job fighting off this hostile dog. But would you have gone for your gun in this situation instead of the taser like in the video?
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

Coloradocop is offline It's the PoPo
    Verified LEO
    I think the cover officer used the Taser in this case (from what I could see). Looks like the guy who was getting attacked used his gun.

Personally, I like dogs a lot more than I like their owners... And dogs usually aren't attacking me just because I'm a cop (typically it has more to do with the fact that they have been abused and mistreated by a shithead owner). I don't mean to sound ultra-liberal on the dog subject, but I would be far more inclined to go Less-Lethal on a dog. And Tasers seem to have great results on muscular dogs (ie Pit Bulls and the like). I got one on the nose with a SAP one time (a pissed off Rottie)... took the fight right out of him.

Still, plenty of cases where lethal is the better option in my mind (Like: dog attacking someone else, a child maybe; or you're down when the dog hits you, etc).

General Patten is offline Surgeon General
    kinda surprised at how quickly the dog got back on his feet... I take it that wasnt an animal taser... at least he changed his mind about fighting and turned around just as quickly...
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING:
    Lead is very hazardous to your health.
    Always include Kevlar in your daily diet.

"I always believe in being prepared, even when I'm dressed in white tie and tails."
    - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Coloradocop View Post
    I think the cover officer used the Taser in this case (from what I could see). Looks like the guy who was getting attacked used his gun.

Personally, I like dogs a lot more than I like their owners... And dogs usually aren't attacking me just because I'm a cop (typically it has more to do with the fact that they have been abused and mistreated by a shithead owner). I don't mean to sound ultra-liberal on the dog subject, but I would be far more inclined to go Less-Lethal on a dog. And Tasers seem to have great results on muscular dogs (ie Pit Bulls and the like). I got one on the nose with a SAP one time (a pissed off Rottie)... took the fight right out of him.

Still, plenty of cases where lethal is the better option in my mind (Like: dog attacking someone else, a child maybe; or you're down when the dog hits you, etc).
    I agree. When dogs are treated with respect and love that's what they'll give back. However, when they're treated poorly it can be a tragedy in the making!
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Coloradocop View Post

I couldn't agree more.

I know this is going to sound fuct-up, but I would loose more sleep over shooting a dog than a human if it came down to it. I'd do what I had to in either case, but I would feel bad about the dog.

"Stupid should hurt."

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Warrior View Post
    I couldn't agree more.

I know this is going to sound fuct-up, but I would loose more sleep over shooting a dog than a human if it came down to it. I'd do what I had to in either case, but I would feel bad about the dog.
    I understand what you're saying. If dogs caused lethal force they didn't know any better. If a human were to, they obviously knew better...
    Calm Like A Bomb...

-Winston Churchill

Another great training video provided by the Cocoa Police Department.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

And in case you don't speak Latin.......If you want peace, prepare for war.

I've been places, seen and done things that would make most cry. I've fought along side and against better men then most I come across day to day, i've put my life on the line more then once for things you take for granted and for those you have lost respect for. I don't tell you this for your pity or respect but for you to remember me.

General Patten is offline Surgeon General
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Warrior View Post
    I couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewell View Post
    I understand what you're saying. If dogs caused lethal force they didn't know any better. If a human were to, they obviously knew better...
    agreed.
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING:
    Lead is very hazardous to your health.
    Always include Kevlar in your daily diet.

"I always believe in being prepared, even when I'm dressed in white tie and tails."
    - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

pmfc is offline ^

Thumbs up

+1 to Ronin Warrior, Jewell, Coloradocop, and General Patten.

Thread Information