Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO

Thumbs up Courage ~ Strength ~ Wisdom ~ Generosity

Like the four points of the compass- we should live our lives with these four virtues in mind.

Courage
    In your life you must have courage. Courage to do what is right and to be truthful. Courage to face your enemies (internal and external). Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is knowing that you are afraid and having the strength to carry on.

Strength
    Strength, mentally and physically. Preparing the mind for the hardship we endure; preparing the body for damage that life may cause.

Wisdom
    Intelligence, tempered with experience. Learning from past failures and victories. Learning from others failures and victories. Learning is nothing without application. Apply what you have learned in your lives; and make it better for you, your loved ones and your decendants.

Generosity
    Share with others. Share belongings, share knowledge, share your heart. We cannot go through life alone. We need each other. No one lives in a vacuum. We affect the people around us. Practice benevolance.
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Reminds me of the seven core values:

HONOR: Strict conformity to what is considered to be morally and ethically right. Demonstrate honesty, fairness, and integrity in one's beliefs and actions.

INTEGRITY: Soundness of moral character and uncompromising adherence to moral and ethical principles.

COURAGE: The state of mind and spirit that enables one to face adversity with confidence and the ability to control one's fear.

LOYALTY: Devotion to duty and allegiance to the ideals of the [insert department here].

ATTITUDE: A positive state of mind, a willingness to assist others, to accept responsibility and to accept criticisim. A desire to learn and to follow instructions.

DISCIPLINE: Self control, self-reliance and respect for authority.

SERVICE: Provide the highest level of assistance to those in need and possess an unimpeachable devotion to duty.

I carry these 7 core values with me everywhere I go on a laminated card in my wallet.
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

General Patten is offline Surgeon General
    good posts

+1 to each
    SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING:
    Lead is very hazardous to your health.
    Always include Kevlar in your daily diet.

"I always believe in being prepared, even when I'm dressed in white tie and tails."
    - Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Thread Information