Welcome to the APBWeb.
    JoeyMac is offline Rookie

Mayor Bloomberg = Anti-LE

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/28/nyp...ing/index.html

Anyone hear/see the ridiculous joint NYPD and Mayor Bloomberg press conference? Sounds like it has already been decided the officers are in the wrong.

Bloomberg says it is "unacceptable or inexplicable how you can have fifty odd shots fired. He goes on to say, "it sounds to me like excessive force was used."

Well maybe it can somehow be articulated how the officers felt threatened when the undercover officer was hit by a car, or maybe when the van rammed the undercover police car...??

CNN says Commissioner Kelly says officers are trained to shoot three times and then assess the situation. I don't know about that, but based on my training, we are suppose to shoot until we stop the threat - not use a prescribed amount of shots. What if it takes 5 shots instead of 6?

We are trained in the failure drill, but its not mandated or anything like that (maybe it is different with NYPD).

Nonetheless... how can Bloomberg come out like this along with Commissioner Kelly... what happened to being innocent until proven guilty. Does it not apply to LEOs?

No matter what Bloomberg may portray, I now know the truth about his anti-LE attitude.

Copper51 is offline Up all night
    He sounded very anti-LE in his statement. He was bending over backwords to kiss the butt of the suspects family. The suspect who just tried running over an officer. And I was also trained to shoot until the threat has stopped, not shoot, stop and get ran over.
    The statements and opinions made here are of Copper51's only. They do not reflect my department or the city I work for.
    So lay off, I'm offduty and spouting off.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I thought I was the only one pissed off about that. I'm sure I just missed the thread on it though

Terminator is offline BANNED
    I like to call him Mayor Michael Bloom-ingIdiot. He has always been anti-LEO.

bird1 is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    i think what ever the outcome bloomberg is going to have these guys fired just to please all those who made up their minds that these officers were wrong.
    " The hardest thing about disarming an armed suspect is not slipping on your own shit "

Michael P. Gordon E.O.W 08 Aug 2004

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by bird1 View Post
    i think what ever the outcome bloomberg is going to have these guys fired just to please all those who made up their minds that these officers were wrong.

+1 on that.............. on Bloomberg

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    His statement made me automatically not like the guy also. I didn't know too much about him in the first place, but after hearing what he had to say the other day he'll never get my vote for anything at all!
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

markw76 is offline Guy behind the mic
    When some politician in my town gave a press conference and started spouting off about stuff he had no knowledge about, we always looked forward to the next one where he/she'd have to either contradict themselves or admit they jumped the gun. Either way, damage control is always fun to watch from a distance.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible actions." ~ George Washington.

A Dead Enemy Is A Peaceful Enemy - Blessed Be The Peacemakers.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    What gets me is if one of the officers had died from being hit with the car, I doubt this would be going any differently. Damned if you do, etc.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

CT209 is offline Once..... Forever
    Verified LEO
    He's a politician! Look at the news conference. He got to pose with Al Sharpie and condemn the officers. He picked up some good votes for that little ploy.

Just about every NYPD officer I've talked to says he's anti-LEO. And I know he's anti-gun. Given those two facets of his views, I figure he's just wasting our air.
    "When a crime is committed, liberals blame society. Conservatives blame the criminal." -Debra Saunders

Old Scottish Motto- "nemo me impune laccessit". It still holds true today.

Thread Information