Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Some Charts

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO

Some Charts

Find it interesting that drug arrests go up and violent crimes go down. Go war on drugs.

Coloradocop is offline It's the PoPo
    Verified LEO
    Ahh, like the rest of us... I can just smell that you are itching for round two with the freedom fighters.

nitestokker is offline Banned
    It doesn't specify which drugs....maybe more people are smoking pot. I never met a pothead who was violent unless they were mixing it with something else. Just give 'em some Cheetos and re-runs of Scoobie-Doo and they are as harmless as a baby!

TheOldRhino is offline Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by BEK320 View Post
    Find it interesting that drug arrests go up and violent crimes go down. Go war on drugs.
    I'd like more words to go with those pretty pictures. Because "violent crime" in that last graph is way above any "victimization". I would also like to look at actual numbers, and not lines.

I also question whoever made up those graphs definition of "violent crime".

Be that as it may, yes, when you violate people's 4th amendment rights, you are obviously going to prevent crime. I know that's not the case, but the fact is when you use looking for drugs as a reason to search someone and you find evidence of another crime (such as an armed robbery) then of course the crime rate is going to go down.

Most people argue that the War on Drugs is not winnable. I disagree. It most certainly is winnable. We can eliminate every illegal narcotic on the street and put away every user and dealer almost overnight. How? It starts by eliminating the Constitution, and it's first 10 amendments. When the people are ready to take that step, then we can end the War on Drugs.
    The virtue of spirit has no need for thanks or approval. Only the certain conviction that what has been done is right. -Jor El, as played by Marlon Brando

Thread Information