Results 1 to 5 of 5
Thread: Strange Laws around the world
12-12-06, 05:27 PM #1
Strange Laws around the world
* In Alabama, prison guards are forbidden from referring to their spouses as "the old ball 'n' chain."
* In Los Angeles, it's illegal for a waiter to tell a customer "I'm really an actor."
* In Indiana, it's against the law to dress "Barbie" in "Ken's" clothes.
* In Sedona, Ariz., it's illegal to lie about your astrological sign.
* In Texas, it's illegal to threaten somebody with an UNLOADED gun.
* In Samoa, it's a crime to forget your wife's birthday.
* In Australia, it's illegal to name any animal you plan to eat.
* In Cannes, France, it's illegal to wear a Jerry Lewis mask.
* In New Jersey, answering a traffic cop who asks "Do you know why I pulled you over?" by saying, "If you don't know, I'm not going to tell you" is an automatic $300 fine.
* In Kentucky, it's illegal to paint your lawn red.
* In Portugal, it's against the law to pee in the ocean.
* In Connecticut, night watchmen are forbidden from drinking decaf coffee while working.
* In Vermont, it's illegal to pick your nose and stick the pickings under a table.
* In Tennessee, it's illegal to tell someone to quit smoking.
* In Oregon, donut holes must be at least an 1/8th inch in diameter.
* In Georgia, it's illegal to teach a child under 5 the words "penis" and "vagina."
* Unmarried women are not allowed to buy edible panties in South Carolina.
* In Italy, anyone considered "obese" is forbidden from wearing polyester.
* It's illegal to tear a phone book in half in Montana.
* Anyone caught selling a "smoothie" that has lumps is breaking the law in California.
* In Arkansas, it's illegal for a woman getting married for the second time to wear a white wedding gown.
* In Pennsylvania, it's against the law to put a dollar on a string on the ground and yank it when someone tries to pick it up.
* In New York City, it's illegal for a restaurant to call it a "corned beef sandwich" if it's made with white bread and mayonnaise.
12-12-06, 05:38 PM #2
"If you don't know, I'm not going to tell you??"
That list is making me rethink any vacation plans I had in South Carolina and Pennsylvania. I don't want to get arrested.
12-12-06, 05:40 PM #3
12-12-06, 05:41 PM #4
12-12-06, 10:35 PM #5
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Terminator in forum In the NewsReplies: 2Last Post: 07-12-07, 10:48 AM
By iso607 in forum ShenanigansReplies: 3Last Post: 06-13-07, 12:48 AM
By Buttercup in forum In the NewsReplies: 19Last Post: 05-26-07, 09:52 AM
By Pedro56 in forum In the NewsReplies: 4Last Post: 03-02-07, 06:00 PM
By OfficerResource.com in forum General TopicsReplies: 3Last Post: 01-18-07, 09:55 PM