Welcome to the APBWeb.
    OFK
    OFK is offline Trollicious

Has anyone here ever............

Quit their LE job for purposes other than relocation/promotion etc...? If so, what was your experience?

BexarWolf is offline Rookie
    Yuppers. Left the job due to working with idiots and having a SWAT officer wanting to split my wig because he thought I was banging his wife. I wasn't but after all the shit I went through, I wish I was.

I've been out for 7 years and miss it more today than I did 5 years ago. After 17 years of it, it's hard to just walk away and stay away. That's why I'm working on getting back into it.

Bottom line of "my experience" is, if you've been in for a while and dedicated a large portion of your adult life to it, you can't leave. It's like a disease......a good disease though.

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    Yup,due in part and mainly to my first wife.Her brother was kia with a local s.o. and she was worried for me,I fought it for a couple years but than the politics kicked in also.I finally gave my chief a 6 point suppository(for non-leos that is a badge up his wazoo).
    Results,?every time you hear a siren,you think"where you goin,?can I come? I wanna play too" Well my first wife died and after about 2 years with the encouragement and help of my current(and last) wife I was abel to get back in.At first as a c.o. but 4 years later I am now a patrol Sgt. and am loving every day more.

dapples is offline Swamp Kitty
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mavriktu View Post
    Yup,due in part and mainly to my first wife.Her brother was kia with a local s.o. and she was worried for me,I fought it for a couple years but than the politics kicked in also.I finally gave my chief a 6 point suppository(for non-leos that is a badge up his wazoo).
    Results,?every time you hear a siren,you think"where you goin,?can I come? I wanna play too" Well my first wife died and after about 2 years with the encouragement and help of my current(and last) wife I was abel to get back in.At first as a c.o. but 4 years later I am now a patrol Sgt. and am loving every day more.
    Mav is an excellent LEO..after moving to dispatch, he gained the respect and attention of the criminal chief. He was asked to return to road patrol (and has since turned down offers to go to investigations)..... How could I not encourage him to do the job he was born to do?
    I must admit, I have had many anxious moments as I wait for him to safely come home. Every time I hear sirens, I say a little prayer..etc....

God Bless all LEOs for the sacrifices you and your families make to keep us all safe!!
    Last edited by dapples; 12-19-06 at 08:21 PM.

Thread Information