Welcome to the APBWeb.
    vicat777 is offline Gang Detective/SWAT Sniper

Christmas Eve Mall Gang Homicide

I just got home from working a gang related homicide at the mall in my city that happened at approximately 1430 hrs on Christmas Eve. Being the second busiest shopping days of the year, you can only imagine how busy the mall was. As it turns out, three gang members attacked a rival gang member and left him lying on the floor in the center of the mall with four bullet wounds. Our road patrol did an excellent job of sealing the scene and called in SWAT to search the last known location. Thank god for good police work, all three gang members were caught and went to jail for premeditated murder. Just thought I would share my Christmas Eve night with my brothers and sisters. It just goes to show, no one is ever safe in todays society regardless of where you are or what time of year it is. Be safe and have a Merry Christmas!!!!

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Good snag.

Incidentally, was this you guys?

BOYNTON BEACH, Florida (AP) -- A gunman fatally shot a man in a fight at a crowded mall on Sunday, then sent hundreds of Christmas shoppers running for cover as he fired at police chasing him, authorities said.

SWAT team members arrested the suspect after he barricaded himself in a department store at the Boynton Beach Mall, north of Miami, said Boynton Beach Police Lt. Jeffrey Katz.

The mall was evacuated, and Katz said it was miraculous no one else was injured when the shooting broke out in the middle of the afternoon.

"The suspect ran through the mall and began to fire at officers as they were chasing him through the mall," Katz said. "Our officers did not return fire."

Agate Alphonse was on her way to a shoe store when she passed a group of 10 to 15 people punching and grabbing one another, she said. A few moments later, shots rang out.

"Some people got down. Some people ran," said Alphonse, who crouched low and later ran out of the mall.

Sinette White, 19, of Lake Worth, Florida, told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel she heard popping sounds while getting her nails done and then saw a man on the ground.

She said shoppers gathered around the man as police arrived to give CPR, but then they heard more shots and police told them to take cover.

She said the mall was locked down for about an hour before she was evacuated.

The gunman barricaded himself in part of a Dillard's store and refused to surrender when officers contacted him through the public address system, Katz said.

A SWAT team entered the store and captured the man without incident, he said.

Katz said "a couple" other men were being questioned by police, Katz said.

A mall spokesman, Sam Yates, said the shooting was outside of a store inside the shopping complex.

It was not immediately clear what started the fight.

The names of the victims and the shooter have not been released.

Mall officials said the Boynton Beach Mall has been closed for the rest of the day.

More holiday shootings
    In North Carolina, a man was charged with attempted murder Sunday following a shooting at a Greensboro mall packed with last-minute shoppers a day earlier.

One man was critically wounded by gunfire shortly before the Four Seasons Town Centre closed Saturday.

It was the second shooting this weekend at a North Carolina mall.

One man was slightly wounded at Charlotte's Eastland Mall on Friday evening when an argument between two groups of men ended with one firing through glass entrance doors.

No arrests were immediately made.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/24/mal....ap/index.html
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Jackalope is offline Yell O
    Almost every mall in the country prohibits firearms. I'm glad to see that policy was so successful in preventing a shooting.

By the way, why didn't the mall security ask the cops to leave, since guns are not allowed in the mall?
    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Bravo!

Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

vicat777 is offline Gang Detective/SWAT Sniper
    Yes, 121 that is the correct story about the incident.

Thread Information