Welcome to the APBWeb.
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer

The Cherry Bomb is Back!!!

Well, some of you know I'm in Louisiana now, the land of a firework stand on every block (quite literally, on the outskirts of town). It just rained here for the last two days, so me & my wife and brother decided to go buy us some fireworks.

Bubba the Fireworks tent guy comes rolling out of his trailer and I ask him what the biggest baddest thing he has was, and he hands me this 2 foot stick that looks like it has a golf ball on top of it for $5. Well we buy that thing and take it home with about $50 worth of other fireworks, all of which were a slight dissapointment till I got out the "Golf Ball on a stick"

I lit that sucker off, and you could almost feel the shock wave - The Cherry Bomb is back!!! Now I think I'll make another run to Bubba's tent

Added photo:
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 12-27-06 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Added photo

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

chris2001 is offline Captain
    We need picturs of this so called Golf Ball Bomb.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

It's actually a rocket... I forgot to mention that. A Cherry Bomb on a rocket

(\__/)

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    It gets better and better

And it's wrapped in colored foil

(\__/)

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Oh come on man. You got no lady fingers, fuzz buttles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippity do das, or crap flappers?

No, I don't.

You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

CelticCop is offline The Dark Lord
    Hang on there jmur, I resemble that last one listed in the 'Joe Dirt' quote... Whistling Kitty Chaser.

Of course there's the Motto on my McPhearson Clan Badge. "Touch Not The Cat But Aglove." Which translates in modern English as "Don't touch the cat unless it's claws are sheathed." My mother's translation is better though. "No Petting Of The Kitty Unless You're Wearing A Glove." She, being a nurse and having a warped sense of humor, went one further with "No Glove No Love." Sicko... Gotta love Mom.

As to fireworks... Gods, I miss real fireworks and firecrackers. The days when a Ladyfinger was powerful enough to fragment a bottle when you dropped it in. Good ol' M-60s powerful enough to turn a tin can into a frag. Now everything is "Safe and Sane". *Sighs* Oh well.
    "Where's your towel Arthur?" -Ford Prefect

"You! On your knees!" -Green Jello

Some take delight in the carriages a rollin'
    and some take delight in the hurley and the bowlin',
    I take delight in the juice of the barley,
    and courtin' pretty fair maids in the morning bright and early...

"You are, without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of..." Cmdre. Norrington "Ah, but you have heard of me." Capt. Jack Sparrow

Warning my statements do not reflect the policies, procedures or views of my agency. As a matter of fact, they think I'm just as nuts as you do, so shove it and blow it out of your fart tube.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    Oh come on man. You got no lady fingers, fuzz buttles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippity do das, or crap flappers?

No, I don't.

You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?
    jmur, I rename thee "Joe Dirt" but you're going to have to fight Darin for the mullet.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    Rename me next!

(seriously...I picked this name one night not realizing where it'd go)

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    jmur, I rename thee "Joe Dirt" but you're going to have to fight Darin for the mullet.
    He can keep it.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    You need some artillery shells - South Carolina has some good stuff Looks like a professional show.

CountyFourteen is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    I remember when you could throw a m80 or cherry bomb next to a house and it would break the window from the shock......those days are over, lol and they were a lot of fun throwing in pools as well......nice water splash....
    Last edited by CountyFourteen; 12-27-06 at 10:04 AM.
    Any Post I make is my opinion only!
    I do not have the authority or the permission to post for my Sheriff's Office.

Yeah, me and M80's were synonomous in my neighborhood.

I never did destroy mailboxes and stuff like that with them, but I loved whet they could do with a coffee can - Puffed that sucker up like a baloon, and hurled it about 100 feet

It could also make a crater about a foot deep in the right kind of soil - Wonderful little things.

I tried to make my own gunpowder out of sulfur saltpeter and charcoal when I was a kid, but never could make anything explosive - It just fizzled.

Luckily I didn't know what you could do with ammonium nitrate - My grandmother lived on a farm, so that would have been very upsetting to her cows

(\__/)

I went back to the Fireworks tent and took a photo of it with my cell phone... It's called a "Ghost Shadow".

I really wanted to buy some more and bring them home to entertain my neighbors, but fireworks are illegal as Hell in populated areas around Dallas - You can legally carry a loaded AK-47 in your car thru Dallas, but try carrying a bottle rocket or firecracker in your car thru Dallas and see what kind of ticket you get

Those anti-fireworks laws in Dallas came about because in the 1980's, the stupid developers insisted on putting wood shingles on all their houses & apartments, which made them go up in a ball of flame like matchsticks whenever an ember blew on them- I was around when all that shit was being debated.

In Louisiana we used composition roofs primarily, and for the most part never had a problem with fireworks burning down whole blocks of houses like they did in Dallas - I never heard of a bottle rocket burning down a house, perriod, until I came to Dallas with all their wood shingles.

Last edited by TXCharlie; 12-27-06 at 11:28 PM.

(\__/)

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    This is a mans fire cracker.

dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

Quote Originally Posted by Norm357 View Post
    This is a mans fire cracker.

I bet those cost more than $5, but where do I buy 'em?

(\__/)

dapples is offline Swamp Kitty
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I have been humming Cougar's song since I read this thread yesterday..............arrrrrg h lol

Thread Information