Welcome to the APBWeb.

View Poll Results: Ever see UFOs, ghosts, miracles, Bigfoot, or anything else you can't explain?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 71.11%
  • No

13 28.89%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Ever see UFOs, ghosts, miracles, Bigfoot, or anything else you can't explain?

Have you ever seen, heard, or otherwise experienced evidence of UFOs, ghosts, miracles, Bigfoot, or anything else you can't explain? What have you seen? I imagine this must be especially common for military people and LEOs, who spend a lot of time just quietly watching their environment late at night and in isolated locations.
    Last edited by Jenna; 01-03-07 at 09:58 AM.

OFK
    OFK is offline Trollicious
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Have you ever seen UFOs, ghosts, miracles, Bigfoot, or anything else you can't explain? I imagine this must be especially common for military people and LEOs, who spend a lot of time just quietly watching their environment late at night and in isolated locations.

This is a loaded question, but I can honestly say that I have on numerous occasions, seen and even felt presence or three.. UFO? NOT, but I lived on an Indian burial ground over a decade ago and in a dead sleep, my dog would wake me up barking in another room and I would suddenly hear a squeak and watch/feel the end of my bed raise down as if someone sat on it. There would also be mysterious items that would not only disappear or moved, but replaced with other objects that I still have, just never found out what they are, how they got there or why and what the relevance is. Hopefully someday I will.

I also had a good friend die when I was in my late teens early 20's that actually visited me and I had no idea he was dead. What a ride that was....

I thought it was a dream and he told me that his younger brother died. His younger brother contacted me about a month later and said that the older brother died. I was like WOW , that is what he said about you, then he (the younger one) died 18 months later.

Tennsix is offline Officer First Class
    I was driving along an isolated stretch of road at about 0300 when I noticed an odd light in the sky. The light was sharp but not obtrusive, about 1000 feet up, and seemed to follow me. It was bizarre but I was near Wright-Patterson AFB so I shrugged it off.
    "We're the Bundys, we don't call the police. People call the police on us".
    -Peg Bundy

osugirlP103 is offline Officer First Class
    Once when I was a bit younger I was driving down a country road when I saw a bright, blinking light that was as high up as the trees. As I sat their watching it, the light would just blink then I started to drive a litttle ways and it started to follow me and got way to close to me to watch it any longer so I just drove as fast as I could to the nearest place I knew was open. I ran inside, about 1 min later I went back outside to show someone and it had disappeared!

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I saw a VERY large animal once that I would swear was a panther but they supposedly dont exist in MS. Got out and looked for tracks in the soft dirt on the road shoulder but didnt see any. No clue what that was, but it was sure bigger than any bobcat I've seen and it had a LONG tail.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    I saw a VERY large animal once that I would swear was a panther but they supposedly dont exist in MS. Got out and looked for tracks in the soft dirt on the road shoulder but didnt see any. No clue what that was, but it was sure bigger than any bobcat I've seen and it had a LONG tail.
    That's just a Virginia white snake... nothing to be afraid of! Not too beaucoup for you

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    Well once back in the 60s',uhhh oh hell never mind(slight flashback there)

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Years ago while in the Poconos myself and a couple friends spotted a strange light in the sky at night. This thing was changing colors and moving all over the sky! Everytime we looked it was in a different spot and it kept going every direction. Call me crazy, but to this day I still can't explain it!
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Sometime a go I saw weird things, bright lights, odd animals, etc. Told my wife about it and she told me to stop drinking so much. Sure enough, they were gone when I sobered up.

HardNoseBull is offline HardNoseBull
    house I grew up in was haunted, doors would slam, things fly across the room, tv would turn on and off lights would turn off and on. It was not a bad feeling though it was a friendly spririt. My wife never believed in that stuff and we had to live with my parents before I left for training, she hated it there, creeped her out too much, she is believer now. the jail has a lot of ghost stories attached with, it's a vortex of negative energy.
    Giggity giggity Goo!

Glen Quagmire,Family Guy, Pick any Episode

OfficerResource.com is offline Site Administrator
    Verified LEO
    All I can say right now is this. Anyone who has watch their child being born better have voted Yes. THis was a miracle and The most beautiful thing I have ever experienced

MissMyCaprice is offline Master Officer
    I once saw a supervisor working...

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMyCaprice View Post
    I once saw a supervisor working...
    Holy cow...

Best I can do is I actually got help from tech support once.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

kay88 is offline Sergeant
    I guess I haven't necessarily seen anything more than a shadow in the corner of my eye... however my experience comes with sounds... I hear things falling and go to look and nothing has fallen. Sometimes doors will close themselves. Could just be my imagination though...
    Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

CelticCop is offline The Dark Lord
    In 2005 I was working an entry point with turnstiles. When a card was swiped through they made a sound... But not if they were opened manually.
    I was minding the cameras and had had no one pass through for at least an hour. Out of nowhere the turnstile dings and opens going out. Then, the automatic handicap door opened. I looked and saw no one coming toward the entrance from outside, that would have triggered the motion sensor.
    About 5 minutes later my supervisor shows up. Realizes that I'm alone on a two man post, calls HQ for a replacement and parks himself as he is required to.
    Less than 5 minutes later The door opened (again nothing outside to set it off) and the turnstile dinged and swung In this time.
    I talked to Sarge and he said that ghost activity was not unusual on that side of the building.

For those who know where I work ask which side and I'll tell you.
    "Where's your towel Arthur?" -Ford Prefect

"You! On your knees!" -Green Jello

Some take delight in the carriages a rollin'
    and some take delight in the hurley and the bowlin',
    I take delight in the juice of the barley,
    and courtin' pretty fair maids in the morning bright and early...

"You are, without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of..." Cmdre. Norrington "Ah, but you have heard of me." Capt. Jack Sparrow

Warning my statements do not reflect the policies, procedures or views of my agency. As a matter of fact, they think I'm just as nuts as you do, so shove it and blow it out of your fart tube.

Retmilleo909 is offline Banned
    When I was in the military and on the midnite to 8AM watch, I saw and heard a meteorite, as large as a full moon, streak horizontally over my post.
    If this thing had come in vertically or diagonally, there's no telling how much damage it would've done.

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    I voted no, because I have actually never seen anything. I have heard something though. Back in 1993 I went on a High School trip to Germany. Evereyone got put up in a hotel, but a few of us got stuck in a small guest house down the street. The place was very old and creepy. All night my roomate and I heard foot steps out in the hall. When we looked, there was no one there. If it had just been me, I would have chalked it up to an over imaginative 17 year old mind. But we both heard it.
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

bird1 is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    right after my mother passed. the day after the funeral i feel asleep in my living room. i had this dream that i was in a bright room then suddenly i saw this person walking towards me. i couldnt see who it was because the face was as bright as the room. as the person got closer i could tell it was my mother. i still couldnt see her face but i knew it was her. she leaned towards me and hugged me thats when i woke up.
    Last edited by bird1; 01-04-07 at 06:26 PM.
    " The hardest thing about disarming an armed suspect is not slipping on your own shit "

Michael P. Gordon E.O.W 08 Aug 2004

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Julia Guest
    I agree with Reca..I have 2 healthy miracles at home..

PersiusOne is offline Patrol Monkey
    Everything I saw and heard was removed by the mind-altering probes. I'll have to vote no lol
    The opinions expressed in this post do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency, Police Chief, or any other member or employee of my department or municipality.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information