Welcome to the APBWeb.
    BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO

Illegals to recieve GPS and Social security

The first 100 hours of the new Congress got underway today and they've promised to dig right in by working to fix big, important issues like ethics and the minimum wage and stem cell research. Thanks, New Congress, glad to see you have your finger right on the pulse of America! The Real Story is that, despite all the election year promises, illegal immigration remains a huge problem and our leadership continues to ignore it.

Now, I know that most of us have very short-term memories and it's easy to lose passion on an issue when it's not in the news everyday -- so let me bring that anger back for you with two unbelievable stories that virtually no one else is covering and that they certainly aren't talkin' about it in the first hundred hours of Congress.

First, a state government in Mexico is reportedly intending to handout portable GPS devices to illegal immigrants this year to help them arrive safely in the United States. No - I am not kidding you. Apparently, the main illegal entry route into Arizona -- oh hey, there's Arizona again! -- is actually tough to navigate so they need a little satellite help to get there.

The state of Pueblo expects 200,000 people to take the devices this year, and once they navigate their way here with turn-by-turn directions, some of them will end up buying a fake social security card and then using it to get a job. In the course of that job, those illegal workers will pay social security taxes, just like the rest of us, even though they have fake accounts.

But here's where things get insane. After breaking into the country and using fake documents to secure work, an illegal may soon be able to actually claim social security benefits! A new agreement, if signed by the President, would allow an illegal alien who subsequently becomes legal, to claim benefits for the work they did prior to becoming a citizen. Put another way -- we'll ignore how you got here and how you got your job, as long as you do it the right way later.

Are you outraged yet? Well what if I told you that while most Americans need ten years of work to qualify for benefits -- Mexicans would qualify with as little as 18 months of work! NOW are you getting that rage back? I hope so, because our leaders have once again proven that the only way this insanity will end is through the will of the people.

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    Let's build a fence.

And put all the politicians on the other side of it.

Then we can fix things.

Who's with me?

Coloradocop is offline It's the PoPo
    Verified LEO
    I think our department is finally starting to change viewpoints on this issue. Just recently we were informed that they are authorizing us to make referals to ICE for suspected illegals

About time.

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    Shoulda quoted this the first time.

But here's where things get insane. After breaking into the country and using fake documents to secure work, an illegal may soon be able to actually claim social security benefits! A new agreement, if signed by the President, would allow an illegal alien who subsequently becomes legal, to claim benefits for the work they did prior to becoming a citizen. Put another way -- we'll ignore how you got here and how you got your job, as long as you do it the right way later.
    To the article author : the elected taxspenders aren't missing a beat.

How PC do you want to be? I'm not against blaming the victim when they invite it. I don't staple money to the outside of my house and cry when people take it. Why do we allow our government to work this way?

PersiusOne is offline Patrol Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Coloradocop View Post
    I think our department is finally starting to change viewpoints on this issue. Just recently we were informed that they are authorizing us to make referals to ICE for suspected illegals

About time.
    Yeah - for us, not only authorizing it, but requiring it for arrested illegals.. Unless they are arrested for DV - go figure!
    ...I'll never understand

But yeah - about damn time we have a good way to notify ICE. After the Swift & Co. raid, it actually shows some promise of results too
    The opinions expressed in this post do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency, Police Chief, or any other member or employee of my department or municipality.

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    Fuhkin Bs !!!

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Coloradocop View Post

About time.
    Good - If Dallas had dropped the dime to ICE on an illegal alien picked up for DUI and DV on several occasions, Dallas would have had one less dead cop last year...

And that's just scratching the surface if we start talking about civilian deaths and injuries as well as car thefts, smash-n-grabs, hit-and-run accidents where the drivers flee, etc.

Not saying illegals do all of it, but what do you suppose the percentage would be?

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Thread Information