Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: My New Toy

Crimebytes2 is offline Banned

My New Toy

I've wanted one of these for a very long time. Only problem was I couldn't justify spending that kinda money. Well, my college bookstore offered me a deal I couldn't refuse. It will be in Monday or Tuesday. Does anyone have one? If so, was it money well spent? Any problems? What I really want to know is how does it work w/o a hard-drive? Yes, I'm in college. Unfortunately, my career study isn't computers. That's why I'm asking you guys. Thanks.

http://www.dell.com/content/products...=19&l=en&s=dhs

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimebytes2 View Post
    I've wanted one of these for a very long time. Only problem was I couldn't justify spending that kinda money. Well, my college bookstore offered me a deal I couldn't refuse. It will be in Monday or Tuesday. Does anyone have one? If so, was it money well spent? Any problems? What I really want to know is how does it work w/o a hard-drive? Yes, I'm in college. Unfortunately, my career study isn't computers. That's why I'm asking you guys. Thanks.

http://www.dell.com/content/products...=19&l=en&s=dhs
    How it works is a joint top secret venture between( it's my bithday) Bill Gates and our Federal Government which employs top(it really is) secret nanobot technologies.
    The opinions of my posts are the sole responsibilty of my employer due to the fact that they have totally and completely warped my mind.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    I don't know much about PDA's, but sounds pretty sweet...

The one thing extra I would have looked for is a built-in cell phone and wireless Internet capability via the cell network (for example Sprint Power Vision). That would have allowed you to surf the web on the PDA, send & check your email, receive text message alerts and pages, navigate using GPS location & view maps of where you are, etc.

You can get some pretty good deals thru the cell phone companies if you sign up for the service. For example, the Blackberry and Palm PDA/Cell phone "Smart Devices", such as this one for $199 from Sprint:
    Blackberry 8703e

However, I couldn't tell you the advantages of the Blackberry vs Palm vs Dell... I don't have any of them
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 01-13-07 at 05:36 PM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

AITG is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by bufford408 View Post
    How it works is a joint top secret venture between( it's my bithday) Bill Gates and our Federal Government which employs top(it really is) secret nanobot technologies.
    Translation: Beats me.

+1
    If I wanted people to like me I'd be a fireman.

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    I can't get the picture to come up. Dell has pretty good stuff! And you said it has no hard drive? I read the specs and it has a processor on it. I think your like or dislike of it will depend on how you plan on using it
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Thread Information