Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Damn!

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over

Damn!

Our former governor is running for president.
    He is a republican.
    Before he left the governors office he was able to push through a law where government employees could not smoke in government cars.

Click here
    The opinions of my posts are the sole responsibilty of my employer due to the fact that they have totally and completely warped my mind.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I don't really see a problem with that - I've seen how much damage smoking can cause to a car, let alone the smell that lingers. No reason to damage government equipment for something like that. A lot of departments don't let their officers smoke at all any more, let alone in a patrol car.

I agree with what you are saying. Along with that law parents can not smoke with a child under 5 in a vehicle. I absolutely agree we should not smoke around children but it is not up to the state to make it so.
    To his credit he did come up with a state health insurance for children when the parents could not afford it. This insurance was free or little cost.
    The opinions of my posts are the sole responsibilty of my employer due to the fact that they have totally and completely warped my mind.

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    Our department has no policy against smoking in cars. There are a few guys who smoke and there is nothing worse then getting in a car that smells like an ashtray. I wish they would ban it.
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

Jackalope is offline Yell O
    On the other hand, when I was an Explorer I'd occasionally ride with a deputy who smoked. Since he couldn't smoke in the car, he'd stop once or twice an hour to get out of the car and smoke. That's a lot of wasted time.
    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

jdb91 is offline Sheepdog
    That's okay. I'm sure some day you'll spend plenty of time studying the inside of your eyelids while in a squad car. Some would say that is a waste of time as well.

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO
    They banned it in my city. No Smoking in the Squad Car, even put a fruity little sticker in the window. My sticker has multiple burns on it from me putting my smokes out on it.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

Jackalope is offline Yell O
    Quote Originally Posted by jdb91 View Post
    That's okay. I'm sure some day you'll spend plenty of time studying the inside of your eyelids while in a squad car. Some would say that is a waste of time as well.
    Well thanks for the vote of confidence, but at the rate I'm going I'll probably end up falling asleep in a meter-maid buggy instead of a patrol car.
    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Being a non-smoker all my life I'm all for the strict smoking laws and regulations. If you want to hurt your own bodies that's your decision, but it shouldn't affect mine too! Just my 2 cents...
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Jewell View Post
    Being a non-smoker all my life I'm all for the strict smoking laws and regulations. If you want to hurt your own bodies that's your decision, but it shouldn't affect mine too! Just my 2 cents...
    Most if not all the departments around me have had strict policies on not smoking with others in the car with us. Also most departments have take home cars so we don't share cars.

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by bufford408 View Post
    Most if not all the departments around me have had strict policies on not smoking with others in the car with us. Also most departments have take home cars so we don't share cars.
    If you have a take home car and ride solo then I can definitely see why you're so angry. However, I hope your current issued vehicle gets retired whenever you're done with it (or it's done with you!). The lasting effects of cigarette smoke can also be irritating. I can detect smoke in someone's car even if they aren't a smoker and the owner prior was!

Maybe it's just me but I'm super picky when it comes to second hand smoke. I once told a girl I wouldn't date her because she was a smoker!
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

Thread Information