Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Retmilleo909 is offline Banned

What person has impressed you the most?

Removed by Esteda.
    Last edited by Retmilleo909; 02-05-07 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Removed by Esteda:Uninteresting topic for discussion.

jrae Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Esteda View Post
    What person do you know/knew who has impressed you more than anyone else you've known?

I believe the person that impressed me the most, was my steno secretary Barbara D. of almost 15 years.
    She was fresh out of HS when she came to work for the department.
    She wasn't a pretty girl, but her personality, intelligence, dedication, loyalty, trustworthiness and other outstanding qualities far outweighed what she lacked in physical beauty.
    She was a workaholic and a perfectionist and expertise in every phase and function of her's and other's responsibilities in the department.
    Quite often she brought her lunch, working through the noon break on new projects, helping to break in a new girl on the job, or reading non-fiction material, that would help to improve her knowledge.
    She was an amazing person who saved, but wasn't a miser and spent her money wisely.
    She, didn't believe in credit cards and if she wanted something, other than a new car, she would save til she had enough to pay for it in cash.
    wow she sounds like a great person

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    What person has impressed you the most?

Me.

Do you know how hard it is to put up with someone like me; and Iíve done it for 60 years.

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    My dad. Fireman 20 yrs, Active Navy during ww2 for 4 years, national guard for 25 yrs, cop for about 15 yrs. I know that if you add this up it dont come out right but a lot of it was at the same time. He's 86 now, retired, and still goes to the gym 3 times a week.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

CT209 is offline Once..... Forever
    Verified LEO
    All of my heroes have been cowboys!

Really, it's not any one person. I'm equally impressed by several. My Dad and Grandfather just to name two.

And 1sgkelly, of course.
    "When a crime is committed, liberals blame society. Conservatives blame the criminal." -Debra Saunders

Old Scottish Motto- "nemo me impune laccessit". It still holds true today.

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    Jesus. Then thousands of good men who died without anyone to praise them. It may be outside the parameter of the question, but I have to give a nod to my anonymous ancestors first.

Of currently living people there are many I like, some I admire. Can't think of anyone to single out at the moment.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The worlds greatest public servant, Jesus Christ. Oh, and certain probation officer in my teen years Terry Woods. My inspiration to become a LEO.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Thread Information