Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.

30 cent tip!!!!!!

Cabbie returns jewels to passenger
    Woman originally gave 30-cent tip, rewards man with $100 for efforts
    The Associated Press
    Updated: 9:55 a.m. ET Feb 7, 2007

NEW YORK - A taxi driver returned a black bag carrying 31 diamond rings to a passenger who earlier had given him a 30-cent tip on an $11 ride.

Hours after Osman Chowdhury dropped off the passenger, he tracked her down through a flurry of phone calls and returned the bag, which she had left in the taxiís trunk.

The unidentified woman, who said she was a jeweler, offered a $100 reward.

Chowdhury accepted the money to cover the fares he lost while tracking her down.

Chowdhury, a native of Bangladesh, told the New York Daily News that he didnít so much as consider keeping the gems.

ďIím a hard worker,Ē the soft-spoken cabbie said. ďI enjoy my life. Iím satisfied. Iím not going to take someone elseís money or property to make me rich. I donít want it that way.Ē

ďWhen I find something left in my cab, and I can return it to the owner, I feel very happy. I feel proud,Ē he said.

30 cent tip!

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Hell of a guy.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I just watched that report on the news - it's amazing that he went through so much effort to return it to her. I cannot believe that she tipped him only .30 on the cab fare.

Andrewtx is offline A little bit of soul
    Quote Originally Posted by bull3032 View Post
    still....$100? What a cheap-ass. That kind of ball-busting effort deserves at least a grand.

For real.

THE LAW is offline Around the next turn
    The tip is cheap however if the cab fare was 10.70 and she gave him 11.00 would make more sense. But since the fare was 11.00 she had to purposely find .30 to give to him.

Cheech Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 1sgkelly View Post
    Cabbie returns jewels to passenger
    Woman originally gave 30-cent tip, rewards man with $100 for efforts
    The Associated Press
    Updated: 9:55 a.m. ET Feb 7, 2007

NEW YORK - A taxi driver returned a black bag carrying 31 diamond rings to a passenger who earlier had given him a 30-cent tip on an $11 ride.

Hours after Osman Chowdhury dropped off the passenger, he tracked her down through a flurry of phone calls and returned the bag, which she had left in the taxiís trunk.

The unidentified woman, who said she was a jeweler, offered a $100 reward.

Chowdhury accepted the money to cover the fares he lost while tracking her down.

Chowdhury, a native of Bangladesh, told the New York Daily News that he didnít so much as consider keeping the gems.

ďIím a hard worker,Ē the soft-spoken cabbie said. ďI enjoy my life. Iím satisfied. Iím not going to take someone elseís money or property to make me rich. I donít want it that way.Ē

ďWhen I find something left in my cab, and I can return it to the owner, I feel very happy. I feel proud,Ē he said.

30 cent tip!

Yea fuckin right. Cabbies are theives

Retmilleo909 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Yea fuckin right. Cabbies are theives
    I agree...A few months ago my wife and I left a restaurant and the car wouldn't crank.
    I sent my wife home in a cab along with our little dog Abby, while I called and stayed for a wrecker and rode with the driver to the garage.
    My wife told me Abby sat in her lap all the way home. The cabbie charged my wife for 2 passengers and told her it was the company's policy.
    If you call a cab from around here and are not familiar with the territory, you'll get a tour of the city while the meter's ticking, before they'll take you to where you want to go.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Gotta love how she's getting railed for being such a tightwad.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    She shouldve given the cabbie a ring from the bag!

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esteda View Post
    I agree...A few months ago my wife and I left a restaurant and the car wouldn't crank.
    I sent my wife home in a cab along with our little dog Abby, while I called and stayed for a wrecker and rode with the driver to the garage.
    My wife told me Abby sat in her lap all the way home. The cabbie charged my wife for 2 passengers and told her it was the company's policy.
    If you call a cab from around here and are not familiar with the territory, you'll get a tour of the city while the meter's ticking, before they'll take you to where you want to go.
    I took a cab ride once, canít remember the city but as we were going down the street I opened my bag pulled out my 1911A1 locked and loaded it and stuck it in my holster (this was from the airport) he was very nice and got me to the hotel in record time.

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by 1sgkelly View Post
    I took a cab ride once, canít remember the city but as we were going down the street I opened my bag pulled out my 1911A1 locked and loaded it and stuck it in my holster (this was from the airport) he was very nice and got me to the hotel in record time.

Probably needed to change his pants

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Esteda View Post
    Around here the payback for that comes in the ability of any officer to stop and search any cab at any time to ensure they are clean and in safe operating condition. I can't imagine they'd want to jam you up with that in mind

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    I think that was great of him to do. I like to believe in Karma when I've done things like that in the past...
    Calm Like A Bomb...

ďA pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.Ē
    -Winston Churchill

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned

Another honest cabbie in the news

Seems $100 is the going rate....

http://www.wtlv.com/news/strange/new...?storyid=75594

LYNNWOOD, Wash. (AP) -- A taxi driver found a wallet containing almost $6,000 in the back of his car, then raced to the airport in time to return it to his owner.

Vinod Mago, 55, says he never thought twice. The owner thanked him with $100, which Mago used to take his family out for dinner.

"My mother always said, 'If you're an honest person, you will always have money in your pocket,'" said Mago, who drives a Seattle-Tacoma International Taxi Association cab.

Mago had just started his shift Feb. 1 when taxi coordinator Stanley Lal called to say a man identified only as Peter was missing his wallet. Mago pulled over and found the wallet, stuffed with bills totaling $5,950.

The man, who was planning to buy a car with the cash, said, "'That's my life savings!'" said Lal, who was rewarded with $20.

Months ago, Mago found $640 in his taxi and returned that money, too.

"If money doesn't belong to me, I don't keep it," Mago said. "I know God is watching everybody, every second."

On Monday, a cabdriver in New York returned a bag containing 31 diamond rings to a passenger who had left it in a trunk. The passenger had tipped the driver 30 cents on an $11 fare.

Thread Information