Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Retmilleo909 is offline Banned

Falcons player accused of killing girlfriend's dog

By GEORGE CHIDI
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 02/20/07

Atlanta Falcons player Jonathan Babineaux killed his girlfriend's dog Sunday night, leading to his arrest on a charge of felony cruelty to animals, Gwinnett police said Tuesday.

Babineaux, 25, of Lawrenceville called his live-in girlfriend Blair Anderson at the movies Sunday evening, where she had gone after they had a verbal argument, police said. Babineaux told her she needed to come home to check on her year-and-a-half-old pit bull mix, Kilo.

Anderson, 24, bundled her dog into her car and drove to the Animal Emergency Center of Gwinnett near Lawrenceville. Kilo vomited blood in the car and was pronounced dead at the hospital. The center summoned police.

Babineaux denied harming the dog when officers asked what happened, police said. "Babineaux's accounts of what happened was inconsistent with the limited physical information provided by the Animal Emergency Center of Gwinnett," Cpl. Darren Moloney said in a written statement.

Animal control took the couple's other pit bull, Ace, for safe-keeping during the course of the investigation, police said.

Babineaux was arrested at his townhouse early Monday morning and was released a few hours later on bond.

A second-round draft pick out of Iowa in 2005, Babineaux made 28 tackles as a Falcons defensive end last season.

IMO, any person who would deliberately and wilfully kill a dog has the potential to kill a person.
    I have a little dog named Abbi, who acts like a child and is far happier when I get her a small toy than a kid is on Christmas morning with a room full of toys.
    She loves everyone, black, yellow, red or white, from newborn babies to elderly alzheimer patients in nursing homes.
    I occasionally take her to a local nursing home and it makes me feel good to see her lick the face and bring a smile to the face of some lonely old person, many of whom who haven't smiled since they were dumped in this facility by uncaring family members.

Abbi

DirtRoadDeputy is offline La-Z-Boy Test Pilot
    I used to have that same chair.
    Speeder: Why don't you give me a warning instead of a ticket.
    DirtRoadDeputy: Your RADAR detector was your warning!

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    I have those curtains!

Abbi's cute. Great that you take her to the nursing home. It's like Christmas morning when the pets come by and it does bring the seniors a lot of joy.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I think I have that outlet. And yeah, I have a problem with anyone that can intentionally cause ANYTHING to suffer a lingering, painful death. It shows a marked lack of empathy which is one of the hallmarks of a psychopath.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Thread Information