Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: We Carry On

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO

Thumbs up We Carry On

We kiss our families goodbye and most of us go out into a world that few of you will ever see or know anything about. Statistics show that over half of us will one day come home to an empty house and note saying, “Goodbye, I can’t take this job anymore.”

But, We Carry On.

We know we have a job with one of the highest divorce, suicide and mental illness rates in the world.

But, We Carry On.

You curse us when we stop you for speeding. You weren’t there two hours ago when we covered the body of a three-year-old child, killed by a speeding car.

But We Carry On.

We’ll intervene in fights and take the beating meant for you, knowing that you wouldn’t do the same for us and probably won’t even thank us.

But We Carry On.

We investigate the murders, rapes and robberies and have to watch the victims’ families weep in court when a judge has to release the suspect on a small technicality.

But We Carry On.

We see families wiped out in accidents. Then we listen as the person who did it is fined $100 for drunk driving and given a limited driving privilege so he can get back and forth to work and church on Sundays.
    But, We Carry On.

We know that if you hit us, unprovoked, you’ll probably get a fine in court, for assault. We know that if we hit you, unprovoked, we could lose our jobs and everything we own for police brutality.

But, We Carry On.

The uniform is not armor. It won’t stop bullets, knives, bricks or sticks. We have gone in burning buildings, burning cars and icy waters to try to save lives. Some of us lose our lives in the process.

But, We Carry On.

We are part mediator, problem solver, professional driver, weapons expert, guidance and marriage counselor. We are part analyst, lawyer, fireman and doctor, and sometimes boxer and wrestler. Does your job require this much and sometimes even more? I doubt it. We know all of this.

But, We Carry On.

We’re not expected to be the one thing we are – human beings. Sometimes, though, we forget and act like them. We get angry, we say or do something we shouldn’t. Please forgive us. But if you don’t…

We’ll Carry On.

~Written by Retired Winston-Salem Police Sergeant Dallas Pruitt~
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

jrae Guest
    Absolutely wonderful post!!!

Cross240 is offline Temporarily Civilianized
    Copied and Forwarded....GREAT POST.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” -- Ernest Hemingway

osugirlP103 is offline Officer First Class
    very true
    LAW ENFORCEMENT HELPING"PERPS" SLIP DOWN STAIRS SINCE 1766!

BabyGirl is offline Rookie
    That is one of the best posts I've ever seen by an officer and I wish more civilians could read it.

carolina is offline Master Officer
    I agree, that's an awesome post. I wish more civilians could read it too. With that, this civilian would like to say "thanks" it's awesome knowing that such courageous people are just a phone call away!

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. - Leo Buscaglia

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    Sad state of things that what we civis should be doing for ourselves - most of that list - are being shoved off on others. As a civi I read that and think how pathetic the "sheep" have become.

Instead the sheep pay their taxes and expect others do for them what they should be doing for themselves. Sorry to turn this tribute around, but I really do so hate sheeple. Your job wouldn't be half as hard if people did for themselves what they should.

carolina is offline Master Officer
    I just realized that was written by the officer that lost his life. Truly sad. Having had a family member pass away recently my thoughts and prayers are with his family and his department!

May he rest in peace.

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. - Leo Buscaglia

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Great post!
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Good post.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Big Al is offline There is no place like home....
    Verified LEO

Thumbs up

To be a good Law Enforcement Officer you MUST know the law!

KaiGywer is online now *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Great post! Emailed it to a few friends, and will post it on other forums.
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

E-man is offline No bird but dog and 3 cats
    Verified LEO
    Great post NJ...
    A monday morning lunatic, disturbed from time to time. Temporary catatonic madman on occasion..

Lightning crashes a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor. The angel opens her eyes,the confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door..
    The views and comments of E-man are mine and mine alone and therefore might not reflect the views of others or people in my current department. As such since this is still America I can post what I want without fear of retribution. I think.

RIP Eric

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    Thanks guys

When I read this for the first time, it really made me think that it really takes a special person to do what we do day in and day out.

To all the LEO, be proud of what you do!

To all the Civis', thanks for understanding what we go thru day in and day out!

Stay safe out there and get home to your families!
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    Wonderful read! Thanks for sharing.
    Just sent to a few LEO friends!
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

cidp24a is offline Master Officer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Great post.
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History"

"All history becomes subjective; in other words there is properly no history, only biography."

mfranklin01 is offline its not vendication...its punishment
    fantastic post

Thread Information