Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone else passionately hate cell phone companies?

So seriously Cell Companies are really a giant group of bastards (apologies to you or any family member that may work in one). I have service with Cellular One, I think they're a partner with Cingular or some crap like that. I got a new phone about a month ago when I finally saved up enough money to upgrade. A week later I opened my phone and the screen was shot. I took it back it because I had it a week and the stupid bitch lady tried to tell me that I broke it by having it in a pocket and "bumping" it, so if I wanted to fix the problem I just had to buy a new phone $150 outright. First off, it's a damn cell phone if it can't withstand the wear and tear of everyday use then don't market it, second off I had the damn thing a week and I didn't "bump" it.

So i finally argued with the stupid (insert every derogatory word here) and she let me send it back to the company to get it fixed, well needless to say it's been a month since then and I'll probably be waiting a hell of a long time. Not to mention the loaner phone they sent me was some brick phone from way back in the day, the buttons were half worn off, and the previous owner was a chain smoker because I opened the envelope and about got cancer. Seriously fuck nuts.

Now to top things off, they JUST came out with a new promotion to get the Motorola Razor for 70 bucks out the door. The phone I really wanted but couldn't afford at the time. So my moms going to get one today, my mother who still can figure out how to dial let alone do anything else. So I still have my half ass phone that I dropped in a lake last year, my other phone is MIA, I'm 70 dollars poorer, and when I do get my new phone back I have to pretty much buy it a car seat to carry it around with me.

End rant.

Cheech Guest
    I hate corporations. I hate the "man"

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    I hate corporations. I hate the "man"
    But you are a cop, aren't you "the man?"
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

dlocke1419 is offline Officer First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    But you are a cop, aren't you "the man?"
    He is the bitch,

Yes i hate cell phones as well, I had to sue cingular wireless because they said i owed 1000$ because there stupid rep forgot to cancel my account after i took the phones back and said i didnt want them.

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    Anyone else passionately hate cell phone companies?

Why no.

I threw my cell away about two years ago and havenít got another since.

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Heh, hate 'em now? Try to get any subscriber information or call records for an investigation...

You'll rrrreeeaaallllyyy despise them then.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    I have Virgin Mobile....$20 every three months to keep current, never lose my minutes...works pretty much everywhere....no probs.

But I agree with CountryBear....trying to help someone who has called 911 from a cell phone can be a bitch.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

rob84 is offline Did you press the power button?
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I hate cell phone companies. They make you take on another two year agreement on EVERYTHING you do! I called just to change my text messaging, I wanted to have fewer because my girlfriend and I dont use that many. I had to get a new two year agreement just for that!

www.twitter.com/RobKimble1984
    www.facebook.com/robkimble

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I own Virgin Mobile! At least I will after suing them for stealing my name. Free cell service for all!

rob84 is offline Did you press the power button?
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Yes!!!!!

www.twitter.com/RobKimble1984
    www.facebook.com/robkimble

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I go through AllTel and have had very few problems. When I've had a problem I've gotten good customer service. The phones are all a rip-off, though. I had some fancy little piece of crap that could make movies, and had all of the other junk, but it wouldn't receive a call from across the room! I switched to a plain ol' Kyocera flip phone without all of the bells and whistles, and it works great. My problem is that we took a plan that gave us a butt-load of minutes when my daughter was on our plan, and now that she's off, we're stuck paying for it until the contract expires next year.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Terminator is offline BANNED
    I am buying a new cellphone on the 26th, and getting a less expensive plan. I have US HELLular.

Just to buy a new cell phone I have to sign another contract. Talk about ridiculous.

Crimebytes2 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn2009
    I still have my half ass phone that I dropped in a lake last year, my other phone is MIA, I'm 70 dollars poorer, and when I do get my new phone back I have to pretty much buy it a car seat to carry it around with me.
    You think you have problems. My service is with Qwest. Got my bill the other day. $400+ Someone, and I know it's not me, is in BIG trouble.

osugirlP103 is offline Officer First Class
    i dropped my phone in some water and i took it back to get a replacement which they wanted to charge me like 200 for the already shity phone i had paid 50 for so i decided to up grade in doing that i had to sign another 2 year contract. i think cell companies screw people mainly because people allow it because they rely so much on cell phones
    LAW ENFORCEMENT HELPING"PERPS" SLIP DOWN STAIRS SINCE 1766!

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    If I bother getting a new phone when they shut my analog one off this is what I want.

Cheech Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dlocke1419 View Post
    He is the bitch,

Yes i hate cell phones as well, I had to sue cingular wireless because they said i owed 1000$ because there stupid rep forgot to cancel my account after i took the phones back and said i didnt want them.
    I am the man. I still hate the man .
    Fuck every cell phone company. I owed cingular 2500 one time. Why? Because there fucking wireless card picks up everything that it passes by and accumulates data and charges you. Im tired of cell phone companies

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    I am the man. I still hate the man .
    Ever consider seeing a therapist to deal with all that self-loathing?

Jackalope is offline Yell O
    I used to have Verizon, and now I have T-Mobile. Neither has pissed me off much. Most of my wife's family has Cingular, and they all hate it.
    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

Coloradocop is offline It's the PoPo
    Verified LEO
    I hate the fucking surcharges on these phones... You can't help but notice the number of "taxes" and "fees" attached to any given bill... Since I have one in front of me right now, here it goes for Verizon:

1) Verizon Access charges
    2) Usage Charges (two categories: voice / other)
    3) Federal Universal Service Charge
    4) Regulatory Charge
    5) Administrative Charge
    6) Colorado high cost fund surcharge
    7) city/county 911 surcharge (yeah, "I pay my salary". fuck them)
    8) Colorado state sales tax
    9) County sales tax
    10) City Sales Tax
    11) Local Spd Tax (Rtd/Cd/Fd) [whatever the fuck this is??]

I swear I'm going to mail my next bill with deduction(s) on it for the following:

1) stamp surcharge
    2) stamp licking surcharge
    2) envelope licking surcharge
    3) gasoline from home to the post office surcharge
    4) environmental cooperation charge (for recovering the rain forest they destroyed when they printed a bill with ten pages of charges listed).

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    Occupation taxes are coming. The City Council just passed them here on wireless carriers to reimpose the former tax on wired telephones.

3.5% of all charges on your cell phone, also now including data services charges. I haven't emailed Wendell back yet to see how the city plans to tax VOIP service. In truth, I don't want to alert them of one more business to tax.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information