Welcome to the APBWeb.
    k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO

Out Of Control Judge!

i guess i didnt realize, we are to talk about gen topics, sorry all
    Last edited by k-9max; 03-22-07 at 06:03 PM.
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked,” Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Moved to Gen Topics. Stop typing in all caps or capitalizing the first leter of each word. And if you are a LEO as your name and signature suggests, PM Reca for verification. Failure to send in for verification or public admission that you are not an LEO can result in a ban.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

So Fla Cop is offline Trunk Monkey Supporter
    Verified LEO
    My eyes hurt trying to read that shit.
    September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

E-man is offline No bird but dog and 3 cats
    Verified LEO
    What I miss????
    A monday morning lunatic, disturbed from time to time. Temporary catatonic madman on occasion..

Lightning crashes a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor. The angel opens her eyes,the confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door..
    The views and comments of E-man are mine and mine alone and therefore might not reflect the views of others or people in my current department. As such since this is still America I can post what I want without fear of retribution. I think.

RIP Eric

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Why did you delete the original post? I moved it because you placed it in the fun and games section. There was nothing wrong with the post.

Oy.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Verified LEO
    Oy Vey iz Mir
    A monday morning lunatic, disturbed from time to time. Temporary catatonic madman on occasion..

Lightning crashes a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor. The angel opens her eyes,the confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door..
    The views and comments of E-man are mine and mine alone and therefore might not reflect the views of others or people in my current department. As such since this is still America I can post what I want without fear of retribution. I think.

RIP Eric

Terminator is offline BANNED
    William-Tom-Frank???

rob84 is offline Did you press the power button?
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    poo poo

www.twitter.com/RobKimble1984
    www.facebook.com/robkimble

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Damn, I was expecting to find a story of a judge busted on 'Courts Gone Wild' or something.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Is this about the judge in Germany?

Germany outraged by judge's decision

Ruling said Koran OKs wife-beating

By Mark Landler
    NEW YORK TIMES NEWS SERVICE

March 23, 2007

FRANKFURT, Germany – A German judge has stirred a storm of protest by citing the Koran in turning down a request for a speedy divorce from a Muslim woman who said her husband beat her.

In a ruling that underlines the tension between Muslim customs and European laws, the judge, Christa Datz-Winter, noted that the couple came from a Moroccan cultural milieu, in which it is common for husbands to beat their wives. The Koran sanctions such physical abuse, she wrote in her decision.
    News of the ruling brought swift and sharp condemnation from politicians, legal experts and Muslim leaders in Germany, many of whom said they were confounded that a German judge would put seventh-century Islamic religious teaching ahead of German law in deciding a case of domestic violence.

The court in Frankfurt abruptly removed Datz-Winter from the case Wednesday, saying it could not justify her reasoning.

The Muslim woman's lawyer, Barbara Becker-Rojczyk, said she decided to publicize the ruling, which was issued in January, after the court refused her request for a new judge.

“It was terrible for my client,” Becker-Rojczyk said. “This man beat her seriously from the beginning of their marriage. After they separated, he called her and threatened to kill her.”

Muslim leaders agreed that Muslims living in Germany must be judged by the German legal code. But they were just as offended by what they characterized as the judge's misinterpretation of a much-debated passage in the Koran governing relations between husbands and wives.

Although the verse cited by Datz-Winter does say husbands can beat their wives for being disobedient – an interpretation embraced by the Wahhabi movement and other fundamentalist Islamic groups – mainstream Muslims have long rejected wife-beating as a medieval relic.

“Our prophet never struck a woman, and he is our example,” said Ayyub Axel Koehler, head of the Central Council of Muslims in Germany.

Legal experts said the ruling was a judicial misstep rather than evidence of a broader trend, but it came at a time of rising tensions in Europe as authorities in many fields struggle to reconcile Western values with burgeoning Muslim minorities.

The 26-year-old woman in this case, whose name has not been disclosed, was born in Germany to a Moroccan family and married in Morocco in 2001, her lawyer said. The couple settled in the Frankfurt area and had two children.

In May 2006, police were summoned after a particularly violent incident. At that time, Datz-Winter ordered the husband to move out and stay at least 55 yards from the couple's home. The man later threatened to kill his wife, the woman's lawyer said.

The woman does not wear a head scarf, and has been a German citizen for eight years, her lawyer said.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Shoot the guy, damn.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

rob84 is offline Did you press the power button?
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    wow, im speechless. How stupid could that judge be?

www.twitter.com/RobKimble1984
    www.facebook.com/robkimble

Crimebytes2 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rob84 View Post
    wow, im speechless. How stupid could that judge be?
    And to think he thought he could get away with something like that! Stupid, stupid judge!

Verified LEO
    Might have been about the Anna Nicole judge being busted with weed..

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/or...21270117.shtml

RIP Eric

Thread Information