Welcome to the APBWeb.
    foxxymomma50 is offline Master Officer

Added stress at work?

Hopefully by posting this thread I will get some helpful advice. I know what I'm thinking and it may not be the right solution to my "problem." Those of you that are married and have younger siblings may understand a little better. I have recently taken the responsibility of training my younger sister to take my place as a dispatcher temporarily while I am away at the Academy. Me and my sis have always been pretty close but we have also had our share of sibling rivalry.(Like almost all siblings do!) She has only been with me at the department for about 2 weeks now. She's doing great so far but there are a few things I'm concerned about that may be potential problems in the future. I try to help her and explain the way things are done here. She gets irritated very easily and tends to let her mouth slip up a little. When I do decide to step back and let her try to take over she seems to get sidetracked by doing other things and doesn't pay attention to the radio or ringing phone lines. Although this irritates me, I bite my tongue due to the fact we are at my place of employment. My co-workers have noticed something was different about me and have been asking me what's wrong.(I'm always the one who walks in smiling with the rays of sunshine bursting through my teeth(I know sickening!) My first thought of a solution to the "problem" was to make her train with someone else. Someone who I don't think she will talk back to when they explain to her how to do something. But that's where my other problem comes into play. The other people she could be training with are either "not all there" or are just straight up bitches! She doesn't need that either. I want to be the one to train her so I KNOW she will be getting trained RIGHT! HELP!!!! ANY suggestions?
    Last edited by foxxymomma50; 03-28-07 at 03:15 AM.
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by foxxymomma50 View Post
    Hopefully by posting this thread I will get some helpful advice. I know what I'm thinking and it may not be the right solution to my "problem." Those of you that are married and have younger siblings may understand a little better. I have recently taken the responsibility of training my younger sister to take my place as a dispatcher temporarily while I am away at the Academy. Me and my sis have always been pretty close but we have also had our share of sibling rivalry.(Like almost all siblings do!) She has only been with me at the department for about 2 weeks now. She's doing great so far but there are a few things I'm concerned about that may be potential problems in the future. I try to help her and explain the way things are done here. She gets irritated very easily and tends to let her mouth slip up a little. When I do decide to step back and let her try to take over she seems to get sidetracked by doing other things and doesn't pay attention to the radio or ringing phone lines. Although this irritates me, I bite my tongue due to the fact we are at my place of employment. My co-workers have noticed something was different about me and have been asking me what's wrong.(I'm always the one who walks in smiling with the rays of sunshine bursting through my teeth(I know sickening!) My first thought of a solution to the "problem" was to make her train with someone else. Someone who I don't think she will talk back to when they explain to her how to do something. But that's where my other problem comes into play. The other people she could be training with are either "not all there" or are just straight up bitches! She doesn't need that either. I want to be the one to train her so I KNOW she will be getting trained RIGHT! HELP!!!! ANY suggestions?
    I hope you stop and take a breath on the mic.

Quote Originally Posted by BugEyedBeast View Post
    I hope you stop and take a breath on the mic.

Don't worry! Work comes before fun on the computer. All we've been doing tonight is hurrying up and waiting! Calm night tonight.

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    I think trying to train someone you are related to is a lose-lose situation.

Even if you are the most objective person in the world, no one will consider the feedback you give to be objective.

She's had the chance to see how it should be done, now turn her over to be trained by someone else.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Quote Originally Posted by PDawg View Post
    I think trying to train someone you are related to is a lose-lose situation.

Even if you are the most objective person in the world, no one will consider the feedback you give to be objective.

She's had the chance to see how it should be done, now turn her over to be trained by someone else.
    I'm seriously thinking about it! The only thing is, the other people that could train her are either complete biotches or just wont offer to tell her eveything she needs to know! AHHHHHHHHH

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Quote Originally Posted by foxxymomma50 View Post
    I'm seriously thinking about it! The only thing is, the other people that could train her are either complete biotches or just wont offer to tell her eveything she needs to know! AHHHHHHHHH
    Well, dispatching isn't for the faint of heart, or those with delicate sensibilities, so toss her off the end of the pier!

Once you are no longer her TO, you can give her tips all you want without the pressure.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Quote Originally Posted by stokerress View Post
    I agree with Pdawg turn her loose, let the biotches try there shit with her..Let her tuffin up, cause when she gets turned loose she'll be in the real world with nobody to protect her, and if she does something wrong you want catch all the blame( Well my sister said to do this or she didnt tell me to do that)..We hear that kind of b.s. in the dispatch center we work..Good luck!
    That kind of shit goes on in our office anyway! It's like trying to take care of pre-schoolers. You would think that since you work in a "grown-up" environment people would actually act that way. But noooooo! I think what I'm gonna start doing is carry a ruler around in my back pocket and start smacking hands when they smart off to people.

Thread Information