Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Retmilleo909 is offline Banned

What's your hobby?

Practically everyone has a hobby, what's yours? Hunting, fishing, golfing, coin/stamp collecting, knitting, crocheting, bird watching or sitting in the mall watching all the pink haired, pierced, wierdos doing their thing?
    I wonder who in the forum has the most unusual hobby, i.e. spelunking/caving, climbing, etc.?
    The last two aren't for me, as I have a tendency to get claustrophobia when wedged into a small hole under ground and acrophobia when I lean out of a window several hundred feet from the pavement.

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    Colleting Rolls Razors.
    We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

BabyGirl is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Esteda View Post
    Practically everyone has a hobby, what's yours? Hunting, fishing, golfing, coin/stamp collecting, knitting, crocheting, bird watching or sitting in the mall watching all the pink haired, pierced, wierdos doing their thing?
    I wonder who in the forum has the most unusual hobby, i.e. spelunking/caving, climbing, etc.?
    The last two aren't for me, as I have a tendency to get claustrophobia when wedged into a small hole under ground and acrophobia when I lean out of a window several hundred feet from the pavement.
    This may sound nerdy and boring, but I like rock collecting. I actually have found quite a few fossils that I have looked up in books that are over 3 million years old.

Jackalope is offline Yell O
    I haven't done it much since I got back from Iraq, but I like photography. I also like hiking in the mountains (to include caves, if I can find them), but again, don't do it all that often.

And then there's things like hunting and motorcycling, which I would like to do but don't yet.

I guess my main hobby is daydreaming about the hobbies I'd rather be pursuing.
    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

I like photography a lot. I also really like exploring, lol, it sounds stupid but I really love just driving places around back roads, trying to get lost, and finding my way back. I've found a lot of beautiful places on the way. I also have my trusty map though, I like adventure, but I'm not stupid.

armygrnt502 is offline Making my streets safer, one day at a time
    Verified LEO
    I really like tinkering with older cars. I love roleplaying games, video games and word games. I build models on the side, mostly armor and equipment. I have reintroduced myself to gardening once again and I truly enjoy getting my hands dirty.
    "Sometimes people need a little help. Sometimes people need to be forgiven. And sometimes they need to go to jail."

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    Posting inane drivel on Forums, such as this.

Hey Armygrunt502, have you tried Square Foot Gardening? Just reading a book on it and think I may give it a go.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    I tend to go from hobby to hobby. Probably the strangest one was my hat collection.

Don't collect hats. Once you get a couple hundred you'll see the error of your ways and collect smaller things.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I read the obituaries and cross the names out of the phone book.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    My geezer friends like to borrow the paper, check the obits and say "nope, I'm not dead yet"

And I thought they were morbid

foxxymomma50 is offline Master Officer
    Can you call watching idiots crawl the streets and make asses out of themselves while you throw back a few cold ones a hobby?

Or sitting on your back porch with a pellet gun looking for turtles and snakes and getting in some target practice....who knows!
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    What do you have against reptiles? That's not nice.

foxxymomma50 is offline Master Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by BugEyedBeast View Post
    What do you have against reptiles? That's not nice.
    Ahh...I have nothing against reptiles. The pellets that are in the gun don't even break a glass bottle. But the HUUUUGE snakes that stick around for a while I pull out something that will do a little more damage.(A 22 is better) Can't risk the little ones getting around one and getting hurt. I have 2 of my own and my aunt that lives next door has 2.
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Just realized I don't have one. Thats pretty sad. I love my job.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Reading, Guitar, Hunting, Anything on the water.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Nothing unusual here. Cooking, I like to make bread by hand, I volunteer a lot with nonprofits, reading, golf (somewhat), it's almost time to plant flowers, so I'll be doing that.

dapples is offline Swamp Kitty
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    sailing, horses, scrabble online, and POKER at LEF, traveling (tho havent done much in past few years..you know who is a homebody), flower gardening, in the past I have done every kinda craft there is...next project is the 200 yr old art of rug hooking (NONO dont go there)....just need to get motivated..

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by dapples View Post
    sailing, horses, scrabble online, and POKER at LEF, traveling (tho havent done much in past few years..you know who is a homebody), flower gardening, in the past I have done every kinda craft there is...next project is the 200 yr old art of rug hooking (NONO dont go there)....just need to get motivated..
    I tried knitting recently. I ended up making a finger cozy. It's very pretty, though.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan 42 View Post
    Posting inane drivel on Forums, such as this.
    Hey that's my hobby too!

dapples is offline Swamp Kitty
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I tried knitting recently. I ended up making a finger cozy. It's very pretty, though.

I can knit...but I prefer crochet....love making those victorian kinda lil Christmas ornaments...I must confess...this rug huggng has got me intimidated....I went to an artisan(sp) festival at a local antebellum home and there was a demo and samples of the work...beautiful...I have the burlap...hook...pattern..etc just havent tried it yet...OOps

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information