Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Poker Anyone?

dapples is offline Swamp Kitty
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

Poker Anyone?

It's cold windy and gonna rain/sleet (YES sleet in LOUISIANA in APRIL )...

I have managed to hold on to a few chips ..anyone care to try and relieve me of them

chris2001 is offline Captain
    was just in there and one else else was.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    lynnz and i are there now

Sure after I leave to take the gf out shopping. OH yeah someone tell me the benefit to taking your woman shopping, because I have still to figure that one out.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2001 View Post
    Sure after I leave to take the gf out shopping. OH yeah someone tell me the benefit to taking your woman shopping, because I have still to figure that one out.
    Someone has to carry the bags.

Ok, ok - it means you're a good guy.

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    Benefit 1 - Limit spending, without you there, reason goes out the window.

Benefit 2- Well, ok that's about it.

Now, shut up and do what you're told.

"Stupid should hurt."

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Someone has to carry the bags.

Ok, ok - it means you're a good guy.
    Shit I was taught long ago by my father that its easier to hold the womans purse than to argue about what she is shopping for.

And if thats all it means is that I am a good guy, I am getting screwed out of that deal . lol

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Shit I was taught long ago by my father that its easier to hold the womans purse than to argue about what she is shopping for.

And if thats all it means is that I am a good guy, I am getting screwed out of that deal . lol
    No, arguing about what she's shopping for is not a good idea unless she's using your money instead of her own, in which case it is perfectly acceptable to limit her spending. Look at it this way, she can tell her friends that you went shopping with her and they'll all be jealous and think of you as wonderful and say things like "Wow, you sure are lucky, Bubba never goes shopping with me." It gives you major boyfriend/husband points. The key, though, is not to complain about it during the shopping excursion.

No, arguing about what she's shopping for is not a good idea unless she's using your money instead of her own, in which case it is perfectly acceptable to limit her spending. Look at it this way, she can tell her friends that you went shopping with her and they'll all be jealous and think of you as wonderful and say things like "Wow, you sure are lucky, Bubba never goes shopping with me." It gives you major boyfriend/husband points. The key, though, is not to complain about it during the shopping excursion.
    Wow good point, then again it also makes me loose man card points with the other husband/boyfriends. Not to mention that you don't complain when she is standing there, you wait till she goes to the fitting room and you talk with the other guys that are there. OH yeah i am so learning how to do this.

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Wow good point, then again it also makes me loose man card points with the other husband/boyfriends. Not to mention that you don't complain when she is standing there, you wait till she goes to the fitting room and you talk with the other guys that are there. OH yeah i am so learning how to do this.
    Talking with the other guys while waiting for her is not only acceptable, but expected. Guys look at each other with sheepish grins, rolling eyes, and you complain to one another. If women's clothing stores were smart, they'd install wall mounted tvs with ESPN running nonstop.

I don't know if you lose man card points for shopping with her, because the admiration level of you from other women will be high. I do think you'd risk immediate man card revocation though if you were picking up items off of a rack and saying things like,"Oh honey - try this one on. I think it will go great with your black sling pumps, but we'll have to find a new purse to match. Yours is so last season," or "You can't be serious - those shoes with that dress?? Ahh - no."

Supporting Member Lvl 3

Poker, anyone?

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    Poker anytwo

Talking with the other guys while waiting for her is not only acceptable, but expected. Guys look at each other with sheepish grins, rolling eyes, and you complain to one another. If women's clothing stores were smart, they'd install wall mounted tvs with ESPN running nonstop.

I don't know if you lose man card points for shopping with her, because the admiration level of you from other women will be high. I do think you'd risk immediate man card revocation though if you were picking up items off of a rack and saying things like,"Oh honey - try this one on. I think it will go great with your black sling pumps, but we'll have to find a new purse to match. Yours is so last season," or "You can't be serious - those shoes with that dress?? Ahh - no."
    Do you realize that the only words in there that any of the guys in here understood were the normals words and ESPN and TV. Other than that those chick type words associated with clothing are well not in our vocabulary. .

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    What he said!!

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Do you realize that the only words in there that any of the guys in here understood were the normals words and ESPN and TV. Other than that those chick type words associated with clothing are well not in our vocabulary. .
    I do realize that and it illustrates my point. Simply shopping with her is fine and shouldn't lose you any man points, it's all those other non-manly-vocabulary phrases that will put your man card on the line. You might even lose points with some women for that, too.

Thread Information