Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1. #1
    rob84's Avatar
    rob84 is offline Did you press the power button?
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Join Date
    01-19-07
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,008
    Rep Power
    352438

    WTF is up with the wind?

    Anybody else getting 60 million mph winds today? Buttercup?, Virginian?. This is rediculous! Schools closed 3 hours early BECAUSE OF WIND! F*CKING WIND!! Why couldn't that happen when I was in school, huh? . Sorry, im just really bored, its slow at work, and I wanna go home

    www.twitter.com/RobKimble1984
    www.facebook.com/robkimble

  2. #2
    Ducky's Avatar
    Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Join Date
    12-05-05
    Location
    Handbasket, enroute to somewhere hot.
    Posts
    11,108
    Rep Power
    7439166
    Yeah, we had a bit of excess wind last night. All I wanted was good kite weather. Sorry.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q


  3. #3
    Virginian's Avatar
    Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Join Date
    12-28-05
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,647
    Rep Power
    8590747
    Yeah dude it's crazy, one guy I work with said he had to wait 45 minutes while people moved a tree off the road.

    I suspect it was more like 5 minutes if any, but we all oversleep

  4. #4
    Buttercup's Avatar
    Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Join Date
    04-29-06
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    18,097
    Rep Power
    4329092
    The wind and rain have kind of died down now. I couldn't get to work because of flooding, though.




  5. #5
    rob84's Avatar
    rob84 is offline Did you press the power button?
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Join Date
    01-19-07
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,008
    Rep Power
    352438
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Yeah, we had a bit of excess wind last night. All I wanted was good kite weather. Sorry.

    Your lucky all you had was a little excess wind lol. The wind ripped off a shit load of shingles off of my roof!

    www.twitter.com/RobKimble1984
    www.facebook.com/robkimble

  6. #6
    rob84's Avatar
    rob84 is offline Did you press the power button?
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Join Date
    01-19-07
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,008
    Rep Power
    352438
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
    Yeah dude it's crazy, one guy I work with said he had to wait 45 minutes while people moved a tree off the road.

    I suspect it was more like 5 minutes if any, but we all oversleep

    lol, He has a case of the mondays

    www.twitter.com/RobKimble1984
    www.facebook.com/robkimble

  7. #7
    rob84's Avatar
    rob84 is offline Did you press the power button?
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Join Date
    01-19-07
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,008
    Rep Power
    352438
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    The wind and rain have kind of died down now. I couldn't get to work because of flooding, though.

    Looks like you got the worst of it. We didnt get any flooding, but you would have thought there was a damn tornado outside with the damn wind.

    www.twitter.com/RobKimble1984
    www.facebook.com/robkimble

  8. #8
    Crimebytes2's Avatar
    Crimebytes2 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    04-14-06
    Location
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Posts
    2,005
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rob84 View Post
    Anybody else getting 60 million mph winds today? Buttercup?, Virginian?. This is rediculous! Schools closed 3 hours early BECAUSE OF WIND! F*CKING WIND!! Why couldn't that happen when I was in school, huh? . Sorry, im just really bored, its slow at work, and I wanna go home
    You're kidding us, right? Just when I thought I had heard everything. You're messing with my mind, again, rob!

  9. #9
    rob84's Avatar
    rob84 is offline Did you press the power button?
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Join Date
    01-19-07
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,008
    Rep Power
    352438
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimebytes2 View Post
    You're kidding us, right? Just when I thought I had heard everything. You're messing with my mind, again, rob!

    I wish I was kidding, I thought my boss was messing with me when he told me. I just kinda laughed it off...untill I heard it on the radio. Its just not fair lol.

    www.twitter.com/RobKimble1984
    www.facebook.com/robkimble

  10. #10
    Buttercup's Avatar
    Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Join Date
    04-29-06
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    18,097
    Rep Power
    4329092
    Quote Originally Posted by rob84 View Post
    Looks like you got the worst of it. We didnt get any flooding, but you would have thought there was a damn tornado outside with the damn wind.
    I heard that a neighboring town was flooded so badly that people were being removed from their homes this morning, but I don't know if that's true or not. My neighborhood doesn't get flooded (thankfully), but the surrounding areas tend to flood because of the stupid canals, lol.




  11. #11
    rob84's Avatar
    rob84 is offline Did you press the power button?
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Join Date
    01-19-07
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,008
    Rep Power
    352438
    Quote Originally Posted by stokerress View Post
    We got tree's down everywhere here in Montgomery county..Windy!

    I dont doubt it, we got some down here as well.

    www.twitter.com/RobKimble1984
    www.facebook.com/robkimble

  12. #12
    Jenna's Avatar
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    06-11-06
    Posts
    24,390
    Rep Power
    4817860

  13. #13
    rob84's Avatar
    rob84 is offline Did you press the power button?
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Join Date
    01-19-07
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,008
    Rep Power
    352438
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I heard that a neighboring town was flooded so badly that people were being removed from their homes this morning, but I don't know if that's true or not. My neighborhood doesn't get flooded (thankfully), but the surrounding areas tend to flood because of the stupid canals, lol.

    My neighboorhood floods sometimes, but not bad enough to keep me from driving. I guess you got one of the lucky neighboorhoods

    www.twitter.com/RobKimble1984
    www.facebook.com/robkimble

  14. #14
    Virginian's Avatar
    Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Join Date
    12-28-05
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,647
    Rep Power
    8590747
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post

  15. #15
    rob84's Avatar
    rob84 is offline Did you press the power button?
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Join Date
    01-19-07
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,008
    Rep Power
    352438
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginian View Post





    Edit, look at my post count......spooooookyyyyyyyyyy

    www.twitter.com/RobKimble1984
    www.facebook.com/robkimble

  16. #16
    Buttercup's Avatar
    Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Join Date
    04-29-06
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    18,097
    Rep Power
    4329092
    Quote Originally Posted by rob84 View Post
    My neighboorhood floods sometimes, but not bad enough to keep me from driving. I guess you got one of the lucky neighboorhoods
    Well, here are a few pictures of the flooding near me from a news website. The first two locations are less than 5 miles away, the other is maybe 8 miles and each of them represents a route I couldn't take to work today.










  17. #17
    rob84's Avatar
    rob84 is offline Did you press the power button?
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Join Date
    01-19-07
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,008
    Rep Power
    352438
    Thats phuckin crazy!

    www.twitter.com/RobKimble1984
    www.facebook.com/robkimble

  18. #18
    mavriktu's Avatar
    mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    05-21-06
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,849
    Rep Power
    5579119
    Hey cups,Hope that levee in the last photo wasn't built by the craps of engineers
    ]

  19. #19
    Join Date
    12-05-05
    Location
    Bismarck, ND
    Posts
    3,114
    Rep Power
    7749107
    Kind of windy here but not that bad. Otherwise it's 55 and sunny

  20. #20
    Growler's Avatar
    Growler is offline I is not happy
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    06-11-06
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    765
    Rep Power
    185217
    Windy as hell here too. One accident on 95 close to Petersburg may have been wind related. Speeding and wind make for a hell of a kite. Feel bad for folsk with small light cars.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Wind downed tree kills deputy
    By smokey703 in forum Officer Down
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-15-07, 07:40 AM
  2. Candle in the Wind
    By Willowdared in forum The Media Center
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-06-07, 12:44 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •