Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

If you ran CNN, what would you do differently?

If you were in charge of a major news outlet, how would your decisions about what news stories to focus on differ from those made by those currently in charge?

A lot of people are complaining about the way the news media are focusing so much attention on the VA Tech mass murder, thus encouraging copycats (while neglecting to cover far more numerous murders happening at the same time, such as those in Iraq). What would you be covering now if you were in charge of CNN? What in general would you change about how and what the news media report?
    Last edited by Jenna; 04-20-07 at 08:13 PM.

213th is offline Solipsist
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    What in general would you change about how and what the news media report the news?

Ok, I'll bite.

I would start reporting accurate and real news without twisiting it to fit the political agenda that Communist News Network has...or is that the Clinton News Network? Same difference
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 213th View Post
    Ok, I'll bite.

I would start reporting accurate and real news without twisiting it to fit the political agenda that Communist News Network has...or is that the Clinton News Network? Same difference
    Same here,I want to hear the ,are you ready,drum roll please,[ NEWS,.Not some retired Admiral,twice removed,commenting on desert warfare Just give me the facts (mam)
    Last edited by mavriktu; 04-21-07 at 04:43 AM.

Cheech Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 213th View Post
    Ok, I'll bite.

I would start reporting accurate and real news without twisiting it to fit the political agenda that Communist News Network has...
    +1

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Fire Larry King and hire Suzanna Hupp to replace him

Added: Oh, also hire Newt Gingrich, Rosie O'Donald, and Suzie Sheehan. Put them all in a very small rubber room, and let nature take its course
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 04-20-07 at 09:05 PM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    I would take a moment and tell all my staff that once we've spent two days on a massacre it's time to let it go so that we can respect the victims and let the healing begin. No more so called experts on these types of situations saying how they should have handled it. It's over, it happened that way for a reason, we have to grow and move forward.

Secondly, I would tell anyone who has a slant they want to put on a particular story to take it with them as they walk out the door. I just want facts, I'll draw my own conclusions.

Sounds like my newsroom maybe pretty empty, doesn't it? Oh well, hard to believe I'm a democrat.

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by jcsdscott View Post
    I would take a moment and tell all my staff that once we've spent two days on a massacre it's time to let it go so that we can respect the victims and let the healing begin. No more so called experts on these types of situations saying how they should have handled it. It's over, it happened that way for a reason, we have to grow and move forward.

Secondly, I would tell anyone who has a slant they want to put on a particular story to take it with them as they walk out the door. I just want facts, I'll draw my own conclusions.

Sounds like my newsroom maybe pretty empty, doesn't it? Oh well, hard to believe I'm a democrat.

+1
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Its called "News" People, not "Opinions". Let your audience figure out how they feel on their own.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    I'd report the facts, just the facts, and nothing but the facts. Any journalist that's not writing an editorial puts a slant on a story either way gets a pink slip and an application for the National Enquirer.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Piggybank Cop is offline Nobody important.
    If you ran CNN, what would you do differently?

Close it down.

We are the thin blue line
    between you
    and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Thread Information