Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Retmilleo909 is offline Banned

Should we pull out of Iraq?

At no time since the civil war has this country been so divided as it is today.
    On 9/11/01 Islam fanatics declared war on America with their brazen and cowardly attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, and if their plans had succeeded, far greater damage would have occurred on that tragic day.
    President Bush, who had been in office less than 9 months, grabbed the bull by the horns, accepted the challenge and informed America and the world that we were at war with a fanatical enemy, like none other we've ever fought and one that would be a long lasting battle.
    During WW-2, desert storm and most other wars political parties put aside their party differences and united behind the President with the soul purpose of winning the conflict at all costs.
    Not so today, instead of uniting behind this president, the democratic party has widened the gap between the two parties and instead of Muslim fanatics being the enemy, George W. Bush and the republican party have become the despised enemy.
    The Muslim fanatics aren't stupid and sense this anti-Bush, anti-war climate and the damage it's doing to the morale of this country; while at the same time giving aid and comfort to the enemy.
    The democrats have been playing politics with this war and by doing so are demoralizing our troops, by ignoring or playing down their victories and accomplishments and inflating and exagerating their mistakes.
    Now, the democrats, who want to run this war from the floor of congress, have set a time table, which calls for the removal of all troops by April 2008 regardless of the consequences involved.
    If this becomes effective, the enemy will consider this a monumental victory and will then carry the war to us here in the streets of America.
    I say this, due to the fact that Islam fanatics started this war against Christianity and all non-believers and they have every intention of winning it.
    We're not at war against a clearly defined and rational enemy, we're engaged in a fight to the finish with fierce and determined fanatics, who believe that if he dies killing infidels, whether men, women or children, he's immediately rewarded with heaven and 72 virgins. A female suicide bomber is assured that she will be forgiven for all her past sins, regardless of there nature; and will be heaven bound the instant she triggers the device, while killing non-believers, particularly Israelis and Americans, who they hate with a passion.
    If we're shocked to our toes when a psychotic kid goes berserk and kills 32 people, how would we react if a suicide bomber, wearing a dynamite laced jacket, walked into a busy mall and pulled the pin?

Jackalope is offline Yell O
    I spent a year there. Iraq is a great country with some great people, I saw a lot of potential there. It's true that we could be fighting more effectively over there, but even with the mistakes we're making, we're still making progress. The media has done a great job of convincing us that our objective is something completely different than it actual is (or at least should be).

Our job is not, and should not be to stop the violence there. Our job is to stand up the government long enough for them to train their own security forces. We need to refocus on that goal. I have a plan to do just that.

First of all, get the Iraqi security forces out of Baghdad. That's the big league, and the Iraq security forces need to hone their skills in the minors for awhile. The majority of the country is relatively peaceful, and the Iraqi army could successfully keep patrol those areas. The US doesn't need a presense in those areas at all.

Use US forces (and not Iraqi forces) to secure Baghdad and any other violent areas. Baghdad should have permanent checkpoints established at every entry point to the city, as well as every bridge and any other natural chokepoints. Every vehicle or person going through those checkpoints should be searched. Yes, it would be a traffic nightmare. Who cares. It would stop the movement of weapons, and force the terrorists to attack the checkpoints directly. It's a lot easier to fight a direct assault than a cowardly car-bombing.

Second, stop releasing captured terrorists. Like our own revolving-door prisons in the US, we keep letting these guys out. From now on, warehouse them. Let the country know, if you're suspected of being a terrorist, then you'll stay imprisoned until we decide the war is over. No trial, no parole. Just detention. They can't continue engaging in terror if they're locked up.

And thirdly, if neccessary, mine the borders. Put triple strand concertina wire on each side of the mine field, and put warning signs up on both sides. Start with Iran, then Syria. Others as neccessary. Use UAVs as well as ground patrols to patrol the borders, and shoot any person or animal found between the fences.

That's my plan. You'll notice that surrender is not part of it.
    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

Iron Man is offline Don't Tase me bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by Esteda View Post
    If we're shocked to our toes when a psychotic kid goes berserk and kills 32 people, how would we react if a suicide bomber, wearing a dynamite laced jacket, walked into a busy mall and pulled the pin?
    It will happen. Its a matter of time before we will become like Israel. Then in the interest of national security we will lose all of our personal freedoms.

The majority of the American public have no concept of reality and don't have a clue. It's more of a fashion statement to say "I hate Bush" then a political one. Its the "thing to do".
    This message was brought to you by Tampons. We
    aren't the best thing in the world but we are right up
    there next to it.

To them its always 'scary and aggressive' driving. To us its at times a matter of life and death." -LawnMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYie3bB3OU

jato is offline Deputy Sheriff

Yes. ASAP.

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    * Yes. When the mission is over.

Should we publish a time line for pulling out?
    *No. That's lunacy.

What is the mission?
    *That, to me, seems to be the murky question.

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Its like Viet Nam all over again. The Democrats want to cut and run. I Viet Nam our military won every major battle and lost the war due to the politicians and don't forget Bagdad Jane, she's back.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
    The majority of the American public have no concept of reality and don't have a clue. It's more of a fashion statement to say "I hate Bush" then a political one. Its the "thing to do".

Got that right! It's sad. The text message generation is apparently not big on thinking.

Withdrawing from Iraq early will only result in us going back in to clean up the terrorist campground it will become.

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO
    Right after we control their oil fields and them and Kuwait pay us back for bailing their asses out.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I am using some restraint so as to avoid a serious rant. As some of you know, this is a very personal issue for me with the loss of a close loved one over there.

I believe in the reasons that we went (I don't give a rat's ass who doesn't), and I believe in the reasons to stay and finish the job. It will be finished when the area is either stabilized or pacified.

The division in this country is not because of the War in Iraq. It is because we have allowed 'civil liberties' and the freedom of speech to rampantly breach the walls of sedition and treason.

I support this country, and I support its troops. This is my homeland, and it is the driving force of right and freedom in the world. I'd like to see our men and women come home as much as the next guy, but only when the peace of the United States and her allies is secured in the long-term. Those who have died to accomplish this mission deserve the legacy of success for the price they have paid. That success cannot be tainted by those who sacrifice nothing, but use them as pawns for political gain.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    In the early part of the 20th century, Germany provoked a war with us, and we fought on THEIR soil. There were no acts that occured to cause mass destruction of property or loss of life in the United States. In 1941, Japan attacked us, and we took the battle to them. Again, aside from the initital attack, there was no loss of life on our soil. In 2001, the Islamic fundamentalists attacked us. We took the fight to them, and there have been no attacks on U.S. soil since. Does anyone honestly think that there would have been no further attacks throughout our country if we hadn't responded as we did?

To pull out of Iraq will be seen by the Islamic world as a symbol of our weakness and open us (U.S.) to further attacks. In referencing Vietnam, I watched an interview with the Commander of the North Vietnamese forces, and he stated that because of our bombing, North Vietnam was on the verge of surrendering within a month until they saw the American media was so firmly anti-American. They knew it was only a matter of time before we'd leave. All they had to do was show the perseverance that we lack.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    VERY well said keith720, countybear. +1000
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    If anyone thinks pulling out early is a good idea, speak to Conalabu's parents. They will convey to you that it isn't an effective strategy.

rob84 is offline Did you press the power button?
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
    If anyone thinks pulling out early is a good idea, speak to Conalabu's parents. They will convey to you that it isn't an effective strategy.
    Yep, we should cum first

www.twitter.com/RobKimble1984
    www.facebook.com/robkimble

TXPO710 is offline Dumb ole' Cowboy
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    Those who have died to accomplish this mission deserve the legacy of success for the price they have paid. That success cannot be tainted by those who sacrifice nothing, but use them as pawns for political gain.
    A big +1. It would be the biggest show of anti-military support to do otherwise, but then look who are suggesting we just leave. Their not exactly pro military.

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    IF the troops are allowed to fight and do their job without fear of the US gvt tossing them in jail. Advance advance never surrender.
    If the polidicks are gonna keep this crap going making everything a political issue then we should pull out like we did in some other war that people didnt want this one to be.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    These people seem to be just as much to blame for the increased fighting over there as the insurgents themselves...

I'm sure the boys getting shot over there because this band of idiots get up & say the war is lost appreciate the efforts to encourage our enemies.

Is it my imagination that Reid seems to have his hand raised in the style of a self-absorbed asshole?

Last edited by TXCharlie; 04-27-07 at 01:36 PM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

rob84 is offline Did you press the power button?
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    How about a "caption this" thread for the above pic?

www.twitter.com/RobKimble1984
    www.facebook.com/robkimble

bird1 is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO

Forget about this war thingy.....I still want a bigger plane
    " The hardest thing about disarming an armed suspect is not slipping on your own shit "

Michael P. Gordon E.O.W 08 Aug 2004

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Retmilleo909 is offline Banned
    "The division in this country is not because of the War in Iraq. It is because we have allowed 'civil liberties' and the freedom of speech to rampantly breach the walls of sedition and treason."

As much as I hate to disagree with you county bear, I can't concur with your above statement.
    We've had civil liberties and the freedom of speech since this country was founded and how many instances, in all those many years, have occurred where citizens committed or attempted to commit treason, overthrow the government? Very few!
    Yes, we've had our share of sedition and insurrection, but it's not the cause of the division in our country today.
    This division started on March 19, 2003 when Operation Iraqi Freedom was launched and has been progressively growing worse since that date.
    The liberal faction of this country and its media, along with the French, Germans and Russians opposed every decision this president made from the day he went before the UN security council and told them to get off their a$$es and to jump-start the Iraqi arms inspections because the Butcher of Baghdad had and was still violating every resolution in the book, of which he swore to abide with. Even after the inspections were restarted Saddam kept thumbing his nose at the inspectors and playing the cat and mouse game with them. Then, when Bush said, enough is enough, there were still those who wanted to let the inspections continue indefinitely, even though they were a farce.
    I've been around for a long time and have seen a lot of presidents come and go, but have never seen one hated as much as this one, where a large segment of the population and their representatives have drawn a deep devisive line down the middle of this country, with liberal anti Iraqi war people standing on one side and anti war here at home people on the other.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    If you demand that the primary reason for philosophical division in the United States is the War in Iraq, you have allowed the left-wing spoon-feeders to focus you on that issue rather than the greater picture. You have fallen prey to the pundits and advocates. There has always been a division in some way or another. I will only agree that it has been aggravated by the loss of support for the war effort.

President Lincoln managed to focus public opinion on the abolition of slavery as the solitary driving purpose for the American Civil War when much of his citizen's support for the war effort wained. To this day, very few realize that the Confederate Congress actually voted for the abolition of slavery in Southern States before the Gettysburg Address was even delivered.

The liberals are vying for control of America. They see the War in Iraq as a chief means by which to divide the nation, embarrass its President, bask in the public eye themselves as heroes, and secure the votes they desperately need. They haven't forgotten that their last time at bat, we shot a cruise missle into a Tylenol plant and called ourselves vindicated and 'secure' as a nation. September 11th proved them wrong.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information