Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Retmilleo909 is offline Banned

Who in the forum has never received a traffic citation?

Who in the forum, including LEO's, have never received a traffic citation/ticket of any kind, other than for a minor parking violation e.g. illegal, overtime/meter parking, Etc?
    Those who have, please elaborate on the circumstances involved, ex. speeding, reckless driving, DUI, Etc.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Reckless driving, age 17 for playfully bumping my buds bumper at a red light.

2 Speeding, age 17-19 cant remember circumstances except that I was speeding on an interstate and a surface street.

Went to dds on the reckless, got some help with the speeding. None on record.
    Last edited by Cidp24; 04-30-07 at 08:01 PM.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Michelle is offline Civilian
    Quote Originally Posted by stokerress View Post
    Never had anything, hopefully that will stay that way..
    +1

LawnMM is offline Oppressor of Crackheads
    Zero here.

Vendetta is offline Today, We are All Hokies
    Verified LEO
    Never had one and only been pulled over once. About a year ago in NC following my aunt through the city and she ran a yellow and I ran a red right in front of NCHP
    "And don't go home, and don't go to eat, and don't play with yourself. It wouldn't look nice on my highway", Buford T. Justice

#1 Rule in Police: Sometimes its easier to ask Forgiveness than it is to ask Permission

No one knows what it's like
    To be the bad man
    To be the sad man
    Behind blue eyes

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I've been stopped twice.

The first time I was stopped was in my hometown, on my way to a fire call (speeding....yeah I know. I'm older and wiser now). The guy that stopped me later turned out to be my FTO. He even remembered stopping me. No ticket.

Second time I was stopped, I was on my way home from my LAST DAY OF COLLEGE. I drove the interstate at least once a month when I was at college for two years, on my LAST DAY DRIVING HOME a MN trooper stopped me. He gave me a ticket. I paid it. I do however, know for a fact that he wrote me for the wrong speed. I was speeding, but not what he said I was. I looked at my speedometer when I saw him and it said 79 mph. I was actually speeding up when I saw him (I didn't see him right away, obviously). He wrote 84 mph in a 70 mph zone on the ticket. But like I said, I was speeding anyway, so whatever.

Oh yeah, he stopped 3 cars on my traffic stop, three of us. I was the last car in the train of three...but he told me the other two were going "under 80 mph"...yeah, whatever.
    Last edited by jmur5074; 04-30-07 at 07:56 PM.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

age sixteen 4 speeding tickets 2 seat belt tickets

age 17 loud music coming from a vehilce (6 mos. probation)

age 18 speeding no seat belt and reckless driving for a burn out.

none since then knock on wood.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I've only been stopped once, for speeding when I was maybe 20 or so. I was speeding and I went sailing right past the cop, he just stuck his arm out of the window and motioned me over. He alleged ( ) that I was doing 51 in a 35, I think, but he wrote it for 5 over. And I didn't say a word about my dad being a cop.

My uncle pulled me over once when I was in my 20s and told me to slow down, I didn't know it was him until he started walking toward my car.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Speeding, age 19 (pregnant and had to pee, didn't tell the officer that though) 50 in a 35

Speeding, age 26. Also warning for no tail lights. Verbal warning for no license in my possession, but I knew the license number and everything checked. Thing is, my fuse for my tail lights had blown, and the dash lights were on the same circuit, so I had no clue how fast I was going. 59 in a 45, should have been more but the state trooper was feeling sorry for me by that point because I blew 4 or 5 fuses right in front of him. I knew my radio was the culprit and was about to rip it out in front of him, but he told me not to and to just drive with my caution lights on. The no license was handled by my (then) 6 year old daughter "Mommy, I think you left your purse on the sofa."
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Ruh
    Ruh is offline Si vis pacem, para bellum

Angry

I have received one speeding ticket in my life, paid it right off since I was trying to be hired and it wasn't a big thing to deal with. Be warned, I am still very bitter about it so this is a bit of a ramble and rant.

I remember the day very well. It was the day of my wedding. It was also the Friday before graduation from the academy (self sponsored and I wasn't hired yet), which was on the following Monday. I was driving in a black Dodge Charger that my father had rented me for my wedding. I had just picked it up. I mean literally, we pulled off the lot and I had it no more than 60 seconds. By we, I mean I was driving with my best friend and best man. He had just come back from Iraq probably no more than a week ago. He works for Army Intelligence and flew up from Florida.

Anyways...I picked up the car from a dealership in the city I lived in and had a MAJOR interest in working with said department (I now work said department btw). I made a wrong turn because I wasn't quite paying attention and I wasn't too familiar with the section of town. I was very near to the city's limits and I rarely went that far north. I was driving the car and realized I had left the city limits and made a joking comment to my friend that we were now in a predominately rich and predominately white neighborhood and that we should turn around very fast (ha ha ha - note the present day reflective sarcasm). We come up a hill and I notice a place to turn around...at the same time I also notice a cop. Now, let me lay the scene for any other St. Louis Area cops here:

• Two young black guys
    • 1 very nice car
    • Illinois plate
    • Doing ~15 over

I don't blame him, I would have pulled us over too.

Okay, back on track. I decide we have likely overstayed our welcome. I make the turn down the street so that I can again turn around and head the opposite direction and get back into my "safety zone" (the city I currently work for). As I am coming back down the side street to get back onto the road I had originally seen the cop on I see him coming up the street towards us. I guess he got turned around in a hurry. Anyways, he points at us and I stop. He then gets behind us and puts on his lights etc. He walks up and I hand him my DL, rentals agreement, and yes...I slide my academy ID in there. Along with my buddy's military ID. I explain to him that we just picked up the car and are running behind to get the many things for my wedding. Me and my buddy's suit are hung up in the back of the car along with other things to illustrate the story. Then he asks, "So you are in the academy?". I say yes and I also say that I am in the process of applying to <Insert name of neighboring department>. Granted, this wasn't 100% accurate. At the time I had completed probably 30 ride-alongs with the department and KNEW I wanted to work with them. I had dropped the initial app, but had not started what I would now consider the true process.

Anyways, he goes back to his car and comes back with a ticket. I accept it and within a week I paid it and just got it done with.

Now, I am not screaming racism. I am not shifting fault. I will say that long prior to this I had an officer who is now a pretty good friend of mine now warn me to be careful if I go driving in said city that I got the ticket. Granted he is mixed and a bit biased on the topic I didn't want to believe him. I also talked to a bunch of other officer's after I paid it and they were surprised that I got a ticket and at the same time they weren't. They were surprised that someone would give someone a ticket under the circumstances, but not so much when they found out the department.

Speaking of the crackpot department. I remember my first day on the road with my FTO. Which was probably more like my 3rd day on the road. We were driving around talking and getting to know each other when we could hear said neighboring department on the radio (we can scan other agency's freqs). They were following a C&I driver towards our jurisdiction. My FTO made comments and said he already knew they weren't going to stop them before they got into our city and would probably allow him to get into an accident. We then also get the call from dispatch about the C and I driver heading to our city. About 15 seconds later the other city's guy says it had just struck another vehicle in our jurisdiction and our dispatch then also informs us. When we get there we don't even see the guy. The people involved said they saw him, but he didn't stop. He had popped a U and headed back into his city. Apparently it isn't an unheard of thing for the department to do something like that. They are a +$50k starting pay department and the majority of the stuff they do is traffic with very little calls for service. The cheapest home in the their city is probably 500k-600k .

Anyways, enough rambling. And thank you Esteda for opening old wounds . I also want to stress that I now work right next to the asshatery of the department and I never had a chance to work with them. I probably won't now since I was moved to the seedier part of our city which is on the exact opposite of town from the other department. Which is probably better.
    Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother." - Henry V

"Crime does pay, in brass and lead."

This is myspace.

Lo523 is offline Master Officer
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Luckily I've never had anything, but knowing where all the speed cameras and hot spots are helps!
    Never approach a bull by the front, a horse from behind, or an idiot from any direction.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    The no license was handled by my (then) 6 year old daughter "Mommy, I think you left your purse on the sofa."
    Haha! I don't recall this, but I've been told that my mom was stopped for a tail light that was out, I was 4 or so and in the backseat. While the officer was talking to her, I stuck my head out of the window and said "my daddy is a policeman" and just began chatting away.

She did not get a ticket.

Gatekeeper is offline Enjoy your stay
    Ive had 3 tickets, (as a trucker) 1 was at the Grape Vine Inspection station in CA for not being current with my log book 1994. 1 for over weight on my drive axles in Maryland 1996, and 1 for speeding in 2005 in Dearborn Heights, MI. Never any points, only fines, and they were minor. Not too bad for a million miles safe driver.

foxxymomma50 is offline Master Officer
    I have had one ticket for speeding. It was in 2003. I was going 41 in a 30. It was right by my house at the time, I was speeding and straightening out curves. The one curve I couldn't see around very well...that was the one the cop was sitting in. OOPS!

I was also riding with my sister and one of her friends when we got stopped. Turns out the reason they stopped us was because the bar we just left at the time had a huge fight and people were hitting everyone with beer bottles. I guess it happened while we were still in the parking lot and they saw us leaving and assumed we were involved somehow. There was about 10 of them who pulled us over and drew their weapons and started telling us to put our hands up. When we got out, they searched the vehicle and pulled out a drink from behind the drivers seat. I had NO idea that my sisters friend brought hers into the vehicle. I claimed it so I wouldn't get contributing along with the open container charge.(STUPID I know!!) It was a white russian dacquiri and when he asked me what kind it was I said strawberry.(That's what I was drinking earlier) I saw them pouring it into a tube through the corner of my eye and then corrected myself. But I went to an adult alchohol and substance abuse class to get it wiped off my record. That cost me about $500 all together....but at least it's not on my record anywhere!
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

Andrewtx is offline A little bit of soul
    I've been stopped once. I was 18 and I got cited for speeding and a red light. I was trying to beat the yellow but just barely didn't make it. Anyway, paid it, learnt my lesson, haven't been pulled over since.
    Last edited by Andrewtx; 04-30-07 at 08:52 PM.

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    I got a speeding ticket in Wyoming...I was coming out of a road work area, and it opened back up to two lanes. Day 2 of a trip from San Diego to Wisconsin with my Mom and son.

I was trying to pass the caravan of semi's, to get the caravan of semi's behind me off my ass.

Paid it without a whimper.

Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Way to many to list in my younger days .
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Retmilleo909 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruh View Post
    I have received one speeding ticket in my life, paid it right off since I was trying to be hired and it wasn't a big thing to deal with. Be warned, I am still very bitter about it so this is a bit of a ramble and rant.

I remember the day very well. It was the day of my wedding. It was also the Friday before graduation from the academy (self sponsored and I wasn't hired yet), which was on the following Monday. I was driving in a black Dodge Charger that my father had rented me for my wedding. I had just picked it up. I mean literally, we pulled off the lot and I had it no more than 60 seconds. By we, I mean I was driving with my best friend and best man. He had just come back from Iraq probably no more than a week ago. He works for Army Intelligence and flew up from Florida.

Anyways...I picked up the car from a dealership in the city I lived in and had a MAJOR interest in working with said department (I now work said department btw). I made a wrong turn because I wasn't quite paying attention and I wasn't too familiar with the section of town. I was very near to the city's limits and I rarely went that far north. I was driving the car and realized I had left the city limits and made a joking comment to my friend that we were now in a predominately rich and predominately white neighborhood and that we should turn around very fast (ha ha ha - note the present day reflective sarcasm). We come up a hill and I notice a place to turn around...at the same time I also notice a cop. Now, let me lay the scene for any other St. Louis Area cops here:

• Two young black guys
    • 1 very nice car
    • Illinois plate
    • Doing ~15 over

I don't blame him, I would have pulled us over too.

Okay, back on track. I decide we have likely overstayed our welcome. I make the turn down the street so that I can again turn around and head the opposite direction and get back into my "safety zone" (the city I currently work for). As I am coming back down the side street to get back onto the road I had originally seen the cop on I see him coming up the street towards us. I guess he got turned around in a hurry. Anyways, he points at us and I stop. He then gets behind us and puts on his lights etc. He walks up and I hand him my DL, rentals agreement, and yes...I slide my academy ID in there. Along with my buddy's military ID. I explain to him that we just picked up the car and are running behind to get the many things for my wedding. Me and my buddy's suit are hung up in the back of the car along with other things to illustrate the story. Then he asks, "So you are in the academy?". I say yes and I also say that I am in the process of applying to <Insert name of neighboring department>. Granted, this wasn't 100% accurate. At the time I had completed probably 30 ride-alongs with the department and KNEW I wanted to work with them. I had dropped the initial app, but had not started what I would now consider the true process.

Anyways, he goes back to his car and comes back with a ticket. I accept it and within a week I paid it and just got it done with.

Now, I am not screaming racism. I am not shifting fault. I will say that long prior to this I had an officer who is now a pretty good friend of mine now warn me to be careful if I go driving in said city that I got the ticket. Granted he is mixed and a bit biased on the topic I didn't want to believe him. I also talked to a bunch of other officer's after I paid it and they were surprised that I got a ticket and at the same time they weren't. They were surprised that someone would give someone a ticket under the circumstances, but not so much when they found out the department.

Speaking of the crackpot department. I remember my first day on the road with my FTO. Which was probably more like my 3rd day on the road. We were driving around talking and getting to know each other when we could hear said neighboring department on the radio (we can scan other agency's freqs). They were following a C&I driver towards our jurisdiction. My FTO made comments and said he already knew they weren't going to stop them before they got into our city and would probably allow him to get into an accident. We then also get the call from dispatch about the C and I driver heading to our city. About 15 seconds later the other city's guy says it had just struck another vehicle in our jurisdiction and our dispatch then also informs us. When we get there we don't even see the guy. The people involved said they saw him, but he didn't stop. He had popped a U and headed back into his city. Apparently it isn't an unheard of thing for the department to do something like that. They are a +$50k starting pay department and the majority of the stuff they do is traffic with very little calls for service. The cheapest home in the their city is probably 500k-600k .

Anyways, enough rambling. And thank you Esteda for opening old wounds . I also want to stress that I now work right next to the asshatery of the department and I never had a chance to work with them. I probably won't now since I was moved to the seedier part of our city which is on the exact opposite of town from the other department. Which is probably better.
    A very interesting commentary. IMO, you should have gotten nothing more than a warning citation.

Ruh
    Ruh is offline Si vis pacem, para bellum
    I just realised something. Maybe it's because I had just gotten up from a nap (I am working midnights) and I generally wake up in a bad mood, but I just re-read the title of this therad and it is asking who has NEVER gotten a ticket lol.

oops.
    Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother." - Henry V

"Crime does pay, in brass and lead."

This is myspace.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruh
    I just re-read the title of this therad and it is asking who has NEVER gotten a ticket lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esteda View Post
    Those who have, please elaborate on the circumstances involved, ex. speeding, reckless driving, DUI, Etc.
    It's all good.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information