Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: TIVO advice

brasco1033 is offline Rookie

TIVO advice

Any of you brothers have Tivo out there. I'm fed up with missing stuff and I'm thinking of investing. I have read that we can use it in Canuckistan now so hoping it all works out. Any of you have one and any advice ??
    Now this is the Law of the Jungle -- as old and as true as the sky;
    And the Wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the Wolf that shall break it must die.
    As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk the Law runneth forward and back --
    For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is thePack

chris2001 is offline Captain
    I have something close to it, mine is actually a DVR which is basically the same thing. Would not know what to do without it. Especially with the shifts that I have been working. Ask Term I have been getting screwed over lately.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    I am switching shortly from cable to satellite. Charter Cable (my cable service) cable service claims to offer DVR/Tivo, but they don't. I am going crazy without. I am missing wrestling, The Shield, and other quality shows! That is unacceptable!!!

THE LAW is offline Around the next turn
    Ive got DVR with my cable. Wouldnt have it any other way. I pay $2.00 a month for it.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    I have a DVR that Dish Network included for "free"

The thing has a few bugs in it (hangs up occasionally), but it's GREAT - I use it all the time, not only for time-shifting, but also to fast-forward thru commercials, even when I'm watching live TV!!! When it hangs up, I just have to reboot it (by pressing & holding down the OFF switch on the unit itself)

All you have to do is build up a time buffer with live TV - start it recording a live show and while that's recording, watch a show you've already recorded for a while. Then you can go back and start playing the live show from the beginning - You don't even have to wait for it to finish recording. It continues to record the live part while you're watching the recorded part - and as long as you're watching the recorded part, you can FF thru the commercials!

I also added a 2nd "free" receiver to to my living room setup, so I could watch one live show while recording another live show - Came in handy when Texas SWAT was on at the same time as Dallas SWAT
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 01-23-06 at 05:39 PM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

brasco1033 is offline Rookie
    Thanks guys, looks like I'm investing. No more missed Shield episodes.
    Now this is the Law of the Jungle -- as old and as true as the sky;
    And the Wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the Wolf that shall break it must die.
    As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk the Law runneth forward and back --
    For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is thePack

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by brasco1033
    Thanks guys, looks like I'm investing. No more missed Shield episodes.

You won't regret it.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I know I'm late to this party, but I have Tivo and I don't even watch live TV any more. It's awesome. There's some deal where you can get the Tivo and a year of service for $200. Definitely a good deal.

Signal_W Guest
    I have TIVO through DirecTV and I love it

I never miss any of the shows I love

Thread Information