Welcome to the APBWeb.
    nsb22 is offline Crazilicious

Inline Hockey? (ice hockey guys are welcome as well)

Any one here playing hockey?

I played inline a few years ago and I'm now trying to get enough guys together to play again.

My question is, What skates do you go with?
    We will be playing outside and maybe once a week. When I last played, I just used my old cheap skates, but now that it will be a bunch of over agressive men, I'd like some purpose built skates.

Thanks!

E-man is offline No bird but dog and 3 cats
    Verified LEO
    I cant help with any recommendations on skates etc. but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Xpress last night...

Only kidding. I love Ice Hockey, watching it as Im not too set up to be a skater. My 11 y.o. nephew is possibly going to be a Sidney Crosby type in 7 yrs...
    Thats what the coach of the junior L.I. Islanders said...
    A monday morning lunatic, disturbed from time to time. Temporary catatonic madman on occasion..

Lightning crashes a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor. The angel opens her eyes,the confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door..
    The views and comments of E-man are mine and mine alone and therefore might not reflect the views of others or people in my current department. As such since this is still America I can post what I want without fear of retribution. I think.

RIP Eric

Quote Originally Posted by E-man View Post
    I cant help with any recommendations on skates etc. but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Xpress last night...

Only kidding. I love Ice Hockey, watching it as Im not too set up to be a skater. My 11 y.o. nephew is possibly going to be a Sidney Crosby type in 7 yrs...
    Thats what the coach of the junior L.I. Islanders said...
    I haven't skated for a few years, so it should be interesting whenever I get some skates! Maybe I'll make a video. Or not.

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    My husband and I use mission hockey skates. You can interchange the wheels for inside or outside.
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Which style of missions? I'm looking pretty hard at the HE500 as they say they are meant for outdoor play.

E-man is offline No bird but dog and 3 cats
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by nsb22 View Post
    I haven't skated for a few years, so it should be interesting whenever I get some skates! Maybe I'll make a video. Or not.
    Yes YOU MUST make a video and post it here...

Thats a MODERATOR ORDER....
    A monday morning lunatic, disturbed from time to time. Temporary catatonic madman on occasion..

Lightning crashes a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor. The angel opens her eyes,the confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door..
    The views and comments of E-man are mine and mine alone and therefore might not reflect the views of others or people in my current department. As such since this is still America I can post what I want without fear of retribution. I think.

RIP Eric

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    dont worry about the skate, worry about the wheels. personally i use k2 skates with clips, because i cant get the laces on missions tight enough to move the way i need to. then i spent a litle extra on good hockey wheels. match the wheels to the surface youll be playing on, and only use those skates with those wheels on that style surface to preserve them. from my experience, you can go cheaper on the skate, but if you dont have a quality wheel, youll be in for a long season.
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    Quote Originally Posted by nsb22 View Post
    Which style of missions? I'm looking pretty hard at the HE500 as they say they are meant for outdoor play.

Our skates are almost 10 years old cuz they last. We haven't looked at any newer skates for probably past 5 years. I would say go in and try them on. They shape them to your foot....and I would get the ones that you feel fit you best. The guys at the hockey skate shop would really be able to assist you and show you what is best for how you would use them. Sorry I couldn't be of more help
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Not a problem. We used to have a hockey pro shop, but now all we have is scheels all sports.

Thread Information