Welcome to the APBWeb.
    chris2001 is offline Captain

Parents and Older Folk Thanks

While talking with some friends recently, we began to look back on the things that we have learned in our lives so far. While we are still young by most peoples standards some of us have lived through things that none of us would want anyone to experiance. I would simply like to say thanks to the parents and Older Folks that have been a part of my life throughout.

The things that have been taught to me are very valuable. While the job that many of us do is thankless, being a part and guardian is also a thankless job. Whether or not you have had kids of your own you have still influenced us. And yes that Means you to Al .
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Sapper_132 is offline Master Turd Cutter
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    How thoughtful I almost cried....

...Not really, but good post!
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

Big Al is offline There is no place like home....
    Verified LEO
    Just trying to help you out.
    To be a good Law Enforcement Officer you MUST know the law!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    And you have no idea how much I appreciate it, I truly do.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    I agree with you, Chris. And this is a good week to remember the sacrifices that a whole bunch of people made to get us to where we are now.

-although at first I thought this was to Trojan.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I thank my Grandmother and Step Grandfather for helping me obtain the morals and principles I live by today. I try to pass them on to my children. Although I forget my manners on the street from time to time the core teachings are still there.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

kay88 is offline Sergeant
    Here is an email I received some time ago. I think that it could fit this thread decently:
    A Parents Wish
    Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kay88 View Post
    Here is an email I received some time ago. I think that it could fit this thread decently:
    A Parents Wish
    Wow.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2001
    While talking with some friends recently, we began to look back on the things that we have learned in our lives so far. While we are still young by most peoples standards some of us have lived through things that none of us would want anyone to experiance. I would simply like to say thanks to the parents and Older Folks that have been a part of my life throughout.

The things that have been taught to me are very valuable. While the job that many of us do is thankless, being a part and guardian is also a thankless job. Whether or not you have had kids of your own you have still influenced us. And yes that Means you to Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2001
    And you have no idea how much I appreciate it, I truly do.

dapples is offline Swamp Kitty
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    A Parents Wish
    I love Parent's Wish....It is sad and sometimes I cry when I watch it....but helps me to maintain my "composure" with my soon to be 80 year old Dad who fights every day to maintain his dignity and independence.......After being with his folks, then the Navy in WW2, and 59 years of marriage, he is now living alone for the first time in his life....

Big Al is offline There is no place like home....
    Verified LEO
    I just got off of the phone with the legal dept. I adopted Chris, kinda like the Big Bro, Big Sister thing.

Now I have to take him to Worlds of Fun for the day to make he feel liked.
    To be a good Law Enforcement Officer you MUST know the law!

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I just got off of the phone with the legal dept. I adopted Chris, kinda like the Big Bro, Big Sister thing.

Now I have to take him to Worlds of Fun for the day to make he feel liked.
    Damn right big bro now get that police car up here and lets go .

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    A Parents Wish
    Reminds me this I ran across awhile back.

A self-important college freshman attending a recent football game, took it upon himself to explain to a senior citizen sitting next to him why it was impossible for the older generation to understand his generation.

"You grew up in a different world, actually an almost primitive one," the student said, loud enough for many of those nearby to hear. "The young people of today grew up with television, jet planes, space travel, men walking on the moon, our spaceships have visited Mars. We have nuclear energy, electric and hydrogen cars, computers with light-speed processing , and..." he then paused to take another drink of beer.

The senior gentleman took advantage of the break in the student's litany and said, "You're right, son. We didn't have those things when we were young........ So we invented them. Now, you arrogant little shit, what are you doing for the next generation?"

kay88 is offline Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by BEB View Post
    Reminds me this I ran across awhile back.

A self-important college freshman attending a recent football game, took it upon himself to explain to a senior citizen sitting next to him why it was impossible for the older generation to understand his generation.

"You grew up in a different world, actually an almost primitive one," the student said, loud enough for many of those nearby to hear. "The young people of today grew up with television, jet planes, space travel, men walking on the moon, our spaceships have visited Mars. We have nuclear energy, electric and hydrogen cars, computers with light-speed processing , and..." he then paused to take another drink of beer.

The senior gentleman took advantage of the break in the student's litany and said, "You're right, son. We didn't have those things when we were young........ So we invented them. Now, you arrogant little shit, what are you doing for the next generation?"
    Always a classic
    Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thread Information