Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO

Support Sgt. Brennan of Fairfield PD in NJ

(Town is in the county I work. I'm also good good friends with the Detectives at the PD)

Date: May 31, 2007
    Time: 0730-1130 hours

We are requesting the attendance of Police Officers from all over the State at this event in hopes of showing a group of local politicians that we will not allow the RIGHTS OF OUR OFFICERS to ever be violated.

Sgt. Marty Brennan of the Fairfield Police Department has been suspended since October 2006 (7 Months) after being called to a Fairfield Municipal Council Meeting and being requested to remove a disorderly person. After calming the situation, Sgt. Brennan was forced to address the Mayor Rocco Palmieri who began making comments to the resident as he exited and further igniting the already dangerous situation. Sgt. Brennan respectfully requested that he allow the Police to do their jobs and not to escalate the situation. Within days, Sgt. Brennan’s gun and badge were stripped from him and he now is facing termination at hearings scheduled for May 31, June 1, and June 4 of 2007. Sgt. Brenna n is a 21 year highly decorated officer with the Fairfield Police Department who is a cops cop who would be the first to step forward in your defense if the need ever arose. Log onto www.supportmarty.com to see the video for yourself of Sgt. Brennan at the Municipal Council Meeting that his suspension stems from.

On October 16th, 2006 Sergeant Marty Brennan was called to a Fairfield town council meeting after Mayor Palmieri hit the panic alarm because a resident became loud. After telling Sergeant Brennan to allow the resident to calm down, the resident started to walk out the door. As the resident was leaving the meeting room the Mayor upset at what the resident said took a parting shot at him. Sergeant Brennan told the mayor not to further incite the resident. Mayor Palmieri, embarrassed by the situation, took out his wrath on Sergeant Brennan and complained to the police administration.

Four days later Sergeant Brennan was called into a conference room and the 21 year veteran was stripped of his gun and badge and told to go home, suspended (with pay) because of his actions in the council room.

Sergeant Brennan demanded to know the charges for which he was being suspended. The police administration refused to tell him, violating his rights under NJ law, N.J.S.A.40A:14-147. He demanded a hearing, which again the police administration refused to acknowledge, violating the same NJ law.

It took more than a month for charges to be served on Sergeant Brennan. The police administration repeatedly promised there was much more to this, though nothing more was ever found. Several attempts to have the prosecutor involved were made. The Essex County Prosecutor declined. When the charges came they could not be any more absurd; even more so were the proposed penalties of

suspension, demotion and termination.

Though NJ law, Title 40A:14-181, states that the Attorney General Guidelines must be strictly adhered to the prosecution had the audacity to state at the hearing that the Attorney General Guidelines are “just guidelines” and they aren’t held to those standards. What would State Attorney General Rabner think of that?

Fairfield residents should be overwhelmed and outraged at the municipal waste of their taxpayer dollars to attempt to prosecute this case. In tough financial times, is this responsible fiscal spending? To date it has been estimated to cost the taxpayers in excess of $200,000.00 in salaries and fees. Anyone have a few $400.00 hammers to throw on top of this?

http://www.supportmarty.com/
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Can you post a list of e-mail addresses, or snail-mail, for the Mayor, Attorney General, etc???
    Last edited by Willowdared; 05-26-07 at 04:23 PM.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Jeez, what a load of complete, unadulterated, unmitigated, political, rank, diaper-filling crap...

Being of Italian heritage myself, I noticed quite a few names in the investigatory paperwork ended with vowels... interesting. Judging from the Mayor's reaction to all of this, I would have to wonder myself if he is a patron of this particular 'Adult Emporium'... I bet that's an ugly sight to see in a leather thong and pumps...

The .pdf files sure do point to who the rat squad is in that department!

C'mon people, quit trying to make your own version of "The Sopranos", let this guy get back on the job, and shove your bruised political egos up your posterior orafices. The comment from the Mayor was nothing more than a barb thrown at an already charged situation and was completely unnecessary. Of course, he could say just about anything he wanted by then so long as the big scary cops were there to protect him. Down South, we call comments like that "being a smartass." So, anyway, Mr. Mayor acts unprofessionally, now he wants a cop's scalp for calling him down on it. (I had to giggle a bit, personally).

"Marty" has my support.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Motorwaycop is offline Retired Plod
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    It's the old "Don't you know who I am " syndrome.

Little people thinking that they are more important than they really are.

Looked no different to the normal pile of c*!p we get called to most days. Two grown men acting like kids and not liking it when an adult knocks their stupid heads together.

Shame on the officers senior officers for not backing him and instead going after him.
    the sole advantage of power is that you can do more good.
    ( Baltasar Gracian )

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorwaycop View Post
    It's the old "Don't you know who I am " syndrome.

Little people thinking that they are more important than they really are.

Looked no different to the normal pile of c*!p we get called to most days. Two grown men acting like kids and not liking it when an adult knocks their stupid heads together.

Shame on the officers senior officers for not backing him and instead going after him.
    Yeah,! But thank gawd ours dont wear silly wigs I am sure Marty would have had a hard time not laughing

Thread Information