Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO

I am such a dumbass!

ok, dont know if you all want to hear this, but i will start anyway.

Thursday night, the wifey and i sitting on the front porch, for some reason i bring up this drop in the sidewalk in front of the house. its like a 4 inch drop from one piece of the sidewalk to the next.
    been like this for 5 years, but for some @$cked up reason, i start dwelling on the rise in the sidewalk. theres also a few other pieces that are craked and look the sh$t as well.
    thinking to myself, as much as i am loved around here by the shitbags in the community, lol, yeah right, i am suprised some dipshit hasnt purposely tripped on my sidewalk and sued me.

Soooo, Friday moning, i start breaking the sidewalk up with the spud bar. Now its saturday i have the walkway from the front porch steps done, and now i have this piece of sidewalk along the main rd, that is about 10 freaken inches think, and its about 4 1/2 feet by 6 foot long.

my saw will only cut 3 inches, its still to thick to break up.

SOOOO, i had to rent this damn bobcat today, to assist me in removing this freaken slab of concrete.
    thinking thats i would have this done in a day, i only rented it for a day.
    Now while busting this piece of concrete up, somehow or another i catch the top of the city's water department shut off valve.

Oh, MFG,
    water stupidtendant shows up, throwing a fit running his mouth.
    they fixed it, and tell me that i will have to pay for it, and the overtime that required to fix it.

The freaken bill is $498.00

WTF..

Now thinking it was only going to cost me $215.00 for the concrete out front i ended with a total bill of
    215.00 concrete truck/concrete
    50.00 for sealer for concrete
    145.00 bobcat /1 day
    plus 65.00 to fill it up with fuel before returning/sombitch couldnt have been full when i got it.
    498.00 for the damn water valve
    total: $908.00

so much for spending 215.00 like i planned.
    my wife is sooooo freaken mad at me right now its not even funny...
    so i just wanted to share this F@$ked up weeked with me fellow sista's, and brotha's.
    I am such a Dumbass!!!!!!!

From now on, everything will be contracted out!!!!
    ok, sorry for venting, you all have a good day!
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

Illiy is offline Corporal
    **pat on the back**

But it is fixed and you have learned a costly yet valuable lesson....

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiy View Post
    **pat on the back**

But it is fixed and you have learned a costly yet valuable lesson....

yeah, quit trying to be "Bob Villa", and pay someone else to do the shit.
    I did it honestly to save money....

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by k-9max View Post
    ok, dont know if you all want to hear this, but i will start anyway.

Thursday night, the wifey and i sitting on the front porch, for some reason i bring up this drop in the sidewalk in front of the house. its like a 4 inch drop from one piece of the sidewalk to the next.
    been like this for 5 years, but for some @$cked up reason, i start dwelling on the rise in the sidewalk. theres also a few other pieces that are craked and look the sh$t as well.
    thinking to myself, as much as i am loved around here by the shitbags in the community, lol, yeah right, i am suprised some dipshit hasnt purposely tripped on my sidewalk and sued me.

Soooo, Friday moning, i start breaking the sidewalk up with the spud bar. Now its saturday i have the walkway from the front porch steps done, and now i have this piece of sidewalk along the main rd, that is about 10 freaken inches think, and its about 4 1/2 feet by 6 foot long.

my saw will only cut 3 inches, its still to thick to break up.

SOOOO, i had to rent this damn bobcat today, to assist me in removing this freaken slab of concrete.
    thinking thats i would have this done in a day, i only rented it for a day.
    Now while busting this piece of concrete up, somehow or another i catch the top of the city's water department shut off valve.

Oh, MFG,
    water stupidtendant shows up, throwing a fit running his mouth.
    they fixed it, and tell me that i will have to pay for it, and the overtime that required to fix it.

The freaken bill is $498.00

WTF..

Now thinking it was only going to cost me $215.00 for the concrete out front i ended with a total bill of
    145.00 bobcat /1 day
    plus 65.00 to fill it up with fuel before returning/sombitch couldnt have been full when i got it.

so much for spending 215.00 like i planned.
    my wife is sooooo freaken mad at me right now its not even funny...
    so i just wanted to share this F@$ked up weeked with me fellow sista's, and brotha's.
    I am such a Dumbass!!!!!!!

From now on, everything will be contracted out!!!!
    ok, sorry for venting, you all have a good day!

LOL...nice job dumbass!
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge113 View Post
    LOL...nice job dumbass!
    hey thanks for the moral support pudge, lol

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Anytime. Hell, a 30 dollar bag of quickcrete and a trowell would have evened up that gap. Might have looked a lil ghetto, but it was cheap!

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge113 View Post
    Anytime. Hell, a 30 dollar bag of quickcrete and a trowell would have evened up that gap. Might have looked a lil ghetto, but it was cheap!
    i honestly thought about that, but i figured if i was going to do it, might as well do it right.
    i guess i over shot that phrase, huh

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    i honestly thought about that, but i figured if i was going to do it, might as well do it right.
    i guess i over shot that phrase, huh
    Fo SHO....

Hell, I gotta laugh at the quickcrete. One of the guys here (good guy, but not too bright) did a slab in his driveway to park his cars on, maybe 10 by 10 entirely in quickcrete.

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    You know what's creepy??

I just poured a floor in my basement, and was standing on my porch thinking "My sidewalk is all fudged up....I should get a yard of concrete and fix it next week"...

Then I came inside to consider the price, tools, and man hours.

But first....I checked LEF..

I'm glad I did this first.
    I think I'll stick to painting instead.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Looks like I'm not the only dumbass this weekend

My sidewalk had the same problem, and I thought about fixing it myself, but I found out that our town has a Sidewalk Replacement Program. That cost me about the about the same as what yours cost you, but it was a helluva of a lot less trouble and I get to pay it out over 12 months as part of my water bill.

Too bad I hadn't been so wise about that old boat I bought to restore back in the 1990's - Let's just say that after a year of backbreaking work and about $2000 worth of plywood, fiberglass patch, motor parts, wiring, new light fixtures, gas tank, trailer tires, and all that shit, what I wound up with was still an old boat that wasn't quite lake-worthy.

So I was a dumbass long before this weekend

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Cheech Guest
    Dood thats pretty funny...sorry for the expenses

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Dont you just HATE those "little" home projects that end up being a major a%$ pain??!!

My latest one started with cutting down one unsightly shrub. Been balking ever since at the flower bed cidp24a wants in the place of the FOUR shrubs that ended up going!
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Jeez, I think I'll just stay at work...

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

smokey703 is offline I'm Bi-WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Verified LEO
    Yeah well I decided to play plumber today and it didn't turn out to well for me either. Water everywhere, I stand up cursing, tools flying around, then suddenly I open my eyes and see my 2 yr. old standing over me saying daddy bobo, daddy bobo. I made the mistake of trying to kick the milk crate I was sitting on and it didn't fair to well for me.

Guess I should have listened to Dope Fiend Wille at the hardware store and payed him the $10.00 he said he would do the job for.

And remember guys and gals electricity is not your friend. Always flip the right breaker before attempting to put up a new ceiling fan, or atleast have a good friend there to laugh at you when you fall off the ladder from the little jolt. But thats another story for another day.
    Last edited by smokey703; 06-02-07 at 09:46 PM.
    Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    10" thick sidewalk?

Think of it as a $215 repair, $498 water shutoff renewal program and $195 story.

foxxymomma50 is offline Master Officer
    Here's how to give yourself a pat on the back!

Go ahead! You soooo deserve it!
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    145.00 bobcat /1 day
    So, what was the "Priceless" part of this?
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

foxxymomma50 is offline Master Officer
    The priceless part? Getting his wife mad enough to quit talking to him. Funny how some men try for years to accomplish that. Come on guys, you have something to learn here. K-9 accomplished that in only ONE weekend!
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    You know what's creepy??
    Then I came inside to consider the price, tools, and man hours.

But first....I checked LEF..

I'm glad I did this first.
    I think I'll stick to painting instead.
    "Everything I need to know in life I learned from LEF."

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    It would have been cheaper to take out Insurance against being sued.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information