Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: New Job Process

rocky2dash is offline Member

New Job Process

I am officially back from Montana and Wyoming!!
    Well here is the latest, I went to Montana first (10-13) and finished testing there. Only problem was that I brought my Wife and Son with me this time. When I say problem, I mean my Wife had no idea how much snow was involved, and know we all know my Wife is NOT as sure footed as a Mountain Goat(Bruises all over), as we left the snowy blanket of Montana, I was told that It may not be a good idea if we were to move to Montana.
    Trip 2, Wyoming. A very good trip, Wife and Son like it alot!First two days are nothing but testing(600 question psych eval).
    -Do you like to arrange flowers
    -Do you read car magazines
    -Do you want to commit suicide
    Anyway back to task, Myself and three other guys were there for the testing, one which was a lateral from Sheriff's Office. Anyway the other two guys didn't pass written and physical so were sent packing, so now I guess it's just me going through evertything else. The lateral was already a graduate from LEAcademy in Wyoming so will be going right into the Job. I graduated from another State and although dual qualified must still go to the Academy(good idea though since all I have been doing for four years is Corrections, Good brush up work for me!). I should be getting call backs soon, Academy begins in Three months.
    Side note to Wyoming, My Wife loves it here, (go figure). We went on a drive and went to Rapid City SD. and Deadwood just for an afternoon drive and had a great time(Rushmore and Crazy Horse Memorials).

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky2dash
    I First two days are nothing but testing(600 question psych eval).
    -Do you like to arrange flowers
    -Do you read car magazines
    -Do you want to commit suicide
    And how did you answer those questions?

rocky2dash is offline Member
    Well, The problem is they pepper you with questions like are you suicidal? and they ask it a number of ways. One guy in the room said "If they ask me one more time if I am suicidal, I will be. (he was going for firefighter).I slipped one friggin time and thought I had answered no to ne of the questions"Do you find it hard to get out of bed in the morning due to severe depression and thoughts of suicide?"I put down yes and sat in the Psych office for about an hour extra while we interpreted these feelings, I finally told her I was not suicidal and it had been a slip of the pencil,"accident only". As far as the questions.
    -Flower arrangement, only while soaking in a bubble bath after those extremely trying days
    -Car magazines, only if they bring back "Rich Corinthian Leather" as my hero Ricardo Montalban used to say.
    -Suicide, only after answering 600+ questions in an extremely hot room for five hours and then sitting in an Psych office exploring my feelings for an hour after.

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Wyoming is a awesome area I have been there serveral times. Montana on the other hand if your wife has issues with one foot in front of the other is not an area in which you should move to. Glad things went well keep us posted.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Thread Information