Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 49
  1. #1
    countybear's Avatar
    countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    01-18-07
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    6,512
    Rep Power
    4611628

    The CountyBear rant...CountyBear versus Jenna

    Today I had the dreaded experience that nearly all parents must face, getting my oldest kid their first driver's license. While waiting at the DMV, I watched an examiner as she read the 'written' test to a young adult male, allowing him to answer the questions verbally. I recognized him from the street, but couldn't immediately place him. He was by all appearances healthy, around 25 years old, and was accompanied by his mother, who sat quietly by us, intently listening to her son and the examiner. It was obvious before long that this guy wasn't doing too well, as some of the answers he was giving weren't even options on the multiple choice test. (and yes, she did read the answer choices clearly).

    After being told by the examiner that he didn't pass, he stood up and began cursing, "F^@& this sh!t, y'all motherf^@&rs can suck my d!@&! The examiner responded calmly, offering him a study manual without cost, and explaining to him that he needed to study it before coming back in to test. I got the impression that he had been in at least once or twice before, as she seemed to have a familiarity with him. He continued his protest, "I been drivin' since I was 13, and I can drive better than all y'all motherf^@&ers! 'Dis is some bullsh!t! I don't need no f^@&in' book! I'm gonna be drivin' any-f^@&in' way, y'all might as well just give me the f^@&in' license!"

    As I began to rise, expecting the worst, his mother patted my arm, "Mr., please just let me get him on out of here." I nodded, and watched as she led him out of the office without further incident. (I could tell that she alerted him to the presence of a LEO by the way she quietly nudged him and motioned her head in my direction). I was in plain clothes, but I guessed that she must have recognized me somehow. I was thankful that she had effectively taken control, preventing me from having to become involved had he threatened the examiner. Although I have taught my kids how to respond when Dad has to do the cop thing, (something we call a "back" drill), I hate ever having to use it.

    My thoughts afterward were of how his response is so unfortunately typical of the degradation that American society has suffered at the hands of the social 'entitlement' mindset. This man, being of majority age, functionally illiterate, and totally dependent on the State, (yet distrusting of the establishment), was responding with the maturity of a 3 year-old and embellished by 25 years worth of street dialect. He honestly felt that he had been victimized by the system because he failed a test, one that he could retake a day later without cost. He also honestly believed that he was entitled to the driver's license, and the examiner (the State) was the culprit preventing him from obtaining it.

    He's right in some respects. The State, by allowing his dependency upon it throughout his life, has contributed to his failures. It has created for him a world where he has become trapped by its refusal to promote success as it constantly rewards failure. Divorce rates have skyrocketed. One must almost wonder if it isn't somehow related to the fact that an unmarried parent is granted copious financial and socialized support systems, and substantially lower tax responsibilities than married counterparts. "Household" increasingly means whomever the applicant decides they wish to include on paper, and is aside from reality, as auditing of such a burdensome number of recipients is nearly unheard of. The problem is societal in scope, but it is certainly governmental in origin.

    Our ever-increasing standard of living here has helped create lower expectations of people. We are guaranteed three primary rights by our nation's Constitution; those being life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. As times have changed over the 220 years that this nation has existed, we have conquered so many frontiers, but we have also conquered many facets of the human spirit, (especially since 1937). As the expectation of a 'standard of living' has replaced the simply-written 'right to life' in our Constitution, we are seeing such rampant and brazen abuses of the many U.S. social programs as has ever taken place. Bearing the brunt of the abuse is certainly the middle-class taxpayer. We seem to be polarizing to the elite, and the poor. Granted, the tax burden carried by the rich is disproportionately high, but the truly rich are the vast minority. The truly rich offset, write-off, shelter, and have the means by which to deal with heavier tax burdens moreso than the middle-class. The poor actually experience windfalls come tax time, just watch the issuance of temporary vehicle registrations and advertisments for refund loans around February through May. The middle income earners seem to be sinking into the ever-widening demographic of the 'working poor'.

    Of the six most recent arrests that I have made, five of the arrestees had foodstamp credit cards and/or medicaid cards in their possession. One drove a 2003 leathered-out Acura and had probably $1,200.00 or more worth of sex toys in a totebag in the trunk, along with the evidence of transport of marijuana in substantial quantities. (This and she couldn't afford groceries?) One had just purchased around $220.00 (street value) cocaine and was in possession of it at the time of arrest. One had a .40 caliber Walther P99 pistol, (I want one, but can't afford it). One had over $7,000.00 cash in their pocket. The last drove a 2005 Lexus with no lien, and was in possession of some 6,000 tablets of illegally obtained controlled substances. I realize that I am beating a dead horse here. We see this all the time, I grant. But then again, we hear the cries of the left, that drug abuse is a 'victimless' crime... funny, somehow I am feeling 'victimized'.

    Over-legislation certainly isn't the answer. There are just some things that cannot be codified, much to the chagrin of the lawmakers. In fact, I'd have to say that it is one of the things which has landed us in the predictament that we face. Some lawmakers use social programs as a means to purchase the votes of those who become enriched by them. It is this trend which must be halted. The poor aren't 'enriched' by the grace of the State, they are imprisoned by it.

    Lets go back to the same 25 year-old in the DMV for a moment, but revert him to a different background. Everything that he and his family have gotten in life, they have worked for. An inherent value was placed on living, rather than existing. The 'State' didn't assume the breadwinner role in his family, and supported the preservation of a two-parent household by making that more profitable for them than single parenthood, thus they likely stayed together and provided a more balanced upbringing. In school, he was held to a disciplinary AND an academic standard. When he fell behind, he was penalized. When he improved, he was rewarded. He was not allowed to simply quit. He was, at very least, never encouraged to give up. He was not 'classified' under some program that subjected him to special treatment. "Budget crunches" were never cited as a means by which to abolish various extra-curricular activities (while admistrative salaries and salaried positions increased). This, in turn made school more interesting for him, and gave him an incentive to stay. The control that his mother exersized today was through her ability to discipline him, and his acceptance of it, but let's grant that the school was also given the power to discipline, more than simply document his problems, all leading to a suspension or expulsion of him. His parents were held accountable for his attendance and support of his progress. If this sounds like some ridiculous dream, than we have truly forgotten the better part of how our society functioned 75 years ago.

    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

    Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

    The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

  2. #2
    Cidp24's Avatar
    Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    07-17-06
    Location
    Crossroads of the Sunny South
    Posts
    8,131
    Rep Power
    3999639
    Dang good post CB. Kinda sums up a big part of the reason we have to deal with some of the people we deal with.
    *************************
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    *************************
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)


    Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

  3. #3
    adroitcuffs's Avatar
    adroitcuffs is offline Visualize whirled peas!!
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    09-02-06
    Location
    It's okay... I'm bicoastal ;-)
    Posts
    1,045
    Rep Power
    526701
    Very well said. Society as a whole seems to be lowering the standards to meet the deviants of the society. It's the type of job security I'd rather not have, thank you....
    The true measure of your character is what you choose to do when you think no one is looking.

    #5


    http://officerbob.memory-of.com/

  4. #4
    Twan007's Avatar
    Twan007 is offline The People
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    02-14-07
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Posts
    1,403
    Rep Power
    821465
    wow, i love your rants

    kinda miss those while riding through ol' Iberville
    -=Twan007


    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.





    The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in alignment with his employer. Matter of fact, the poster will deny any knowledge of any post... this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...

  5. #5
    Jenna's Avatar
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    06-11-06
    Posts
    24,390
    Rep Power
    4817860
    Quote Originally Posted by Twan007 View Post
    wow, i love your rants

    kinda miss those while riding through ol' Iberville
    So is Countybear's car a rollicking rantmobile? Who needs right-wing talk radio when you're ridin' with Countybear?

  6. #6
    countybear's Avatar
    countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    01-18-07
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    6,512
    Rep Power
    4611628
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    So is Countybear's car a rollicking rantmobile? Who needs right-wing talk radio when you're ridin' with Countybear?
    Why, Jenna... have you reduced me to the likes of a pundit? Funny, I made no mention of political party, nor any specific liberal vs. conservative reference. I merely stated a facet of my observations as a servant of the public. Be careful not to hastily categorize me and dismiss me so easily simply because I strike at your naive socialist views. I merely state that government is not the redemption of mankind, but it is often his oppressor. Wouldn't you agree?

    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

    Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

    The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

  7. #7
    mavriktu's Avatar
    mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    05-21-06
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,848
    Rep Power
    5579119
    we have truly forgotten the better part of how our society functioned 75 years ago.

    I take umbrage sir in your math,I graduated in 1970 and I dont beleive that was 75 years ago,(even though it feels it sometimes),great post.

  8. #8
    CHARTOTO's Avatar
    CHARTOTO is offline Officer First Class
    Join Date
    06-02-07
    Location
    Ramona, OK
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    14414
    nice post

  9. #9
    Jenna's Avatar
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    06-11-06
    Posts
    24,390
    Rep Power
    4817860
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    Why, Jenna... have you reduced me to the likes of a pundit?
    No, I meant that you're much better than a pundit (which is why those in your car don't need to listen to right-wing talk radio pundits, since those pundits are inferior to you! ) Your rant is eloquent, as are all your writings, and powerful especially because it is grounded in personal experience.

    Of course I disagree with most of your arguments. Just because the criminals you arrest make a lot of money from drugs and prostitution and therefore don't need welfare doesn't mean that most people on welfare are criminals or wealthy. Those who are not criminals won't be able to survive if they don't get public assistance--take the welfare away and they will have to resort to crime to survive.

    Many of them can't get non-criminal jobs even if they want to--in some areas there are just no jobs available (unskilled jobs have moved to other, poorer countries). Some of them don't have the skills or character to get the few jobs that are available. And even when they do get jobs, minimum wage is less than what they would have to pay for daycare for their kids while they are working. What we need are more and better social programs to get people out of poverty and despair, not less.

    I wouldn't have had a safe place to live or enough food to eat while growing up if I hadn't received welfare, medicaid, free school lunches, and food stamps. If I had spent all my childhood and adolescence working to support my family, I wouldn't have been able to learn enough in school to get into college or in the middle-class profession I'm in now. Maybe I would have had to resort to crime to survive. I knew a lot of people on welfare; most of them were more like me than like the people you arrest.

    The tight-knit bonds of family and community that operated in place of government assistance are gone, and the government has to step in to take their place. I agree that there were many valuable aspects of families and communities 75 years ago that we've unfortunately lost. But they are the price we pay for the gains we've made in civil rights, human rights, social mobility, and ethnic and gender equality. 75 years ago was 1932, when most old and disabled people were living in poverty because they didn't have Social Security or Medicare, most schools, neighborhoods, workplaces, buses, restaurants, drinking fountains, and even the military were racially segregated, racial discrimination was legal, women had just barely gotten the right to vote and were excluded from most jobs and universities, domestic violence wasn't even recognized as a crime, and most women with abusive husbands had to stay in their abusive marriages because they wouldn't have the financial means to survive as single mothers. Even Jewish, Irish, Italian, and Polish immigrants were suffering discrimination then. I'll take the problems we have today over the problems they had then.

  10. #10
    foxxymomma50's Avatar
    foxxymomma50 is offline Master Officer
    Join Date
    02-22-07
    Location
    Louisiama
    Posts
    450
    Rep Power
    31901
    WHOA!
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

    "Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."


    "Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

  11. #11
    BEB
    BEB is offline Banned
    Join Date
    11-27-06
    Posts
    1,838
    Rep Power
    0
    Well ranted, sir.

    Going back a bit more than 75 years I'm reminded of The Ten Cannots by Reverend William J. H. Boetcker, published in 1916. (oft misattributed to Lincoln)

    * You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
    * You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
    * You cannot help little men by tearing down big men.
    * You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
    * You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
    * You cannot establish sound security on borrowed money.
    * You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
    * You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than you earn.
    * You cannot build character and courage by destroying men's initiative and independence.
    * And you cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they can and should do for themselves.

    I'd bold the ones I most agree with, but then, I'd have to bold them all.

    Unfortunately these truths have fallen on deaf ears.

  12. #12
    Rhino's Avatar
    Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    02-08-07
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,524
    Rep Power
    1750835
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Maybe I would have had to resort to crime to survive.
    I'm not convinced you haven't.

    CB, Jenna assumes you are Conservative because you expect people to be accountable for their own actions. To a lefty liberal scumbag, that's just plain crazy-talk.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

  13. #13
    lewisipso's Avatar
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    02-02-07
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    14,725
    Rep Power
    6962511
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    He honestly felt that he had been victimized by the system

    Of all you wrote there is a lot to be said about this one statement.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

    We are who we choose to be.

    R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012


  14. #14
    countybear's Avatar
    countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    01-18-07
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    6,512
    Rep Power
    4611628
    Just because the criminals you arrest are wealthy due to illegal activities and thus don't need welfare doesn't mean that most people on welfare are criminals or wealthy.
    No one (including me) called them wealthy. Possession of a nice car, expensive jewelry, high end electronics, even a substantial amount of cash does not in itself define wealth. These I spoke of were, however enjoying the luxuries of the wealthy at the expense of the system. I would still call them impoverished, but many are actually trapped in poverty, due to the differential that exists between that which they would earn by working vs. that which they are granted by the government by refusing to work. Their potential is unrealized because at the lowest end of the spectrum, they literally make more by not working than they would by working. They cannot afford to work a legitimate job, for fear that they will lose their benefits, thus they resort to covert and illegal means to circumvent the system. In such context, the system actually PROMOTES criminal activity, although such might be difficult to see from the perspective of a comfortable office.

    Those who are not criminals won't be able to survive if they don't get public assistance--take the welfare away and they will have to resort to crime to survive.
    Here's where I most passionately object to your school of thought. Those who feel as you do absolutely reject the notion that a human being has the ability to reason, endeavor, succeed, or even survive without government intervention. The greatest segment of criminal activity in the United States has been, is now, and will always be motivated by greed and selfishness, rather than necessity. Never has it been clearly shown that the rate of thefts in the U.S. has increased or decreased proportionately to the amount of public assistance available. Those who are criminally inclined will be criminally inclined whether the government pays them to spend their lives in rampant idleness or not. In fact, the point could certainly be made that if they weren't afforded the ability to remain stagnant and recieve a check for it, they would have much less idle time to involve themselves in predatory behavior.

    The human will survive, it is in his very basalar programming to do so, it is the government that reprogrammed him to to reject his very core instincts. I refuse to believe that we are so lost without entitlement programs that rampant criminal chaos will result should social programs be scaled back, because I believe that the vast majority of people are not criminally inclined, and if given the incentive to work and succeed, will do so readily. That is the primary folly of government social programs, they deprive the people of work ethic or incentive.

    Many of them can't get jobs even if they want them--in some areas there are just no jobs available (unskilled jobs have been moved to other, poorer countries). Some of them don't have the skills or character to get the few jobs that are available. Minimum wage jobs pay less than what single mothers would have to pay for daycare for their kids while they are working. What we need are more and better social programs to get people out of poverty and despair, not less.
    An estimated twelve million illegal immigrants reside in this country. The overwhelming majority of them didn't come here to take part in social programs, but to seek employment, however menial you brand it. The job market was there for them, and most of them are currently employed allbeit illegally. Their employers have assumed the risk of hiring them because too many legally here will not put forth the effort that they consistently maintain. Why were those jobs not there for legal citizens? They were, but because those on the dole were being paid NOT to work, why should they? Social programs demean and disenfranchise. They actually penalize human ambition, by making it less profitable to put forth an effort at the entry-level especially. Thus, those not 'entitled' to benefits by legal citizenship must fill the jobs that those who are simply refuse to accept. Remember also, that it is in the 'entry-level' jobs that the foundation is laid in work ethic, employability, and hands- on vocational training.

    I wouldn't have had enough food to eat while growing up if I hadn't received welfare, medicaid, free school lunches, and food stamps. If I had spent all my childhood and adolescence working to support my family, I wouldn't have been able to learn enough in high school to get into college or in the white-collar profession I'm in now. Maybe I would have had to resort to crime to survive. I knew a lot of people on welfare; most of them were more like me than like the people you arrest.
    Again, no reasonable person immediately assumes that those on public assistance are criminals, just as no one in the nation reasonably believes that all government assistance is ill intended or malicious. It is the propensity for permanence that often creates the greatest dependence. It is also the tendency for duplicity and the rampant abuse that perhaps creates the worst aspects of social programming. The frequency of abuse is both due to the cumbersome nature of all bureaucratic endeavors, and the time-fostered relaxation of the standards for public assistance such that it becomes much the status quo among recipients.

    You draw many assumptions in your rebuttal, that you would never have been able to succeed without assistance programs. I would like to sway your opinion toward the notion that you would never have been able to succeed without your own goal orientation, will, tenacity, and ambition. The government did not succeed for you, you had to put forth the effort and engage in the struggle. For that, you should take pride in your accomplishments as I am sure you do. However, I tend to believe that the empowerment that you recieved to achieve came from within you, not from your government taking care of you. Regardless, social programs should support those who do as you do, strive for specific and laudible goals. Much must also be said about human abilities themselves. For some, the sky certainly isn't the limit, however no potential can ever be realized without the incentive to struggle. I am reminded of the man who cut open a cuccoon to help a struggling butterfly emerge, but in doing so, took away the resistance which by its own design deprived the insect of the strengthening process that it must undergo through its fight to break free, and thus brought about its deformity, weakness, and death.

    The tight-knit bonds of family and community that operated in place of government assistance are gone, and the government has to step in to take their place. I agree that there were many valuable aspects of family and community support 75 years ago that we've unfortunately lost. But those are the price of the gains we've made in civil rights, social welfare, and ethnic and gender equality.
    Who decided that such price had to be paid? The government perhaps? By forcing its will upon the people, growing as an overbearing and ever-more-burdening weight upon its people, rather than holding true to the minimalist designs of its founding fathers.

    75 years ago was 1932, when most old and disabled people were living in poverty because they didn't have Social Security or Medicare, most schools, neighborhoods, workplaces, and even the military were racially segregated, women had just barely gotten the right to vote and were excluded from most jobs and universities, domestic violence wasn't even recognized as a crime, and most women with abusive husbands had to stay in their abusive marriages because they wouldn't have the financial means to survive as single mothers. I'll take the problems we have today over the problems they had then.
    And yet again, I say... assumptions. Reading history should teach you better. You draw the assumptions that without radical government intervention none of these social ills would have ever been cured. I believe that a democratic government bends at the will of its people, not in the people bending at the will of its government. Such sweeping social change has taken place globally, with nearly all civilized nations, but they have taken place at the behest and will of the masses, not strictly by the order of governments. Only the very bastiens of traditional aristocracy, dictatorship, or theocracy remain in the dark ages of human rights.

    Perhaps the most thought provoking question is, will you so gladly greet the problems of the future, rank with the seeds that we sew now and have sewn in our more recent past, over the problems of our more distant past?

    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

    Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

    The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

  15. #15
    Buttercup's Avatar
    Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Join Date
    04-29-06
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    18,093
    Rep Power
    4329092
    Excellent post as always, Countybear.




  16. #16
    Virginian's Avatar
    Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Join Date
    12-28-05
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,647
    Rep Power
    8590747
    Great post - what paper will your weekly column be found in?

    The "you owe me" sense of recent generations and some groups is only growing. I'm not afraid of China or Russia or any other nation - we're going to be the end of ourselves.

  17. #17
    Jackalope's Avatar
    Jackalope is offline Yell O
    Join Date
    11-12-06
    Location
    Right on the Left Coast
    Posts
    1,100
    Rep Power
    277441
    This really should be published. I hope you look into submitting it to some newspapers as a guest editorial.
    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

  18. #18
    Sapper_132's Avatar
    Sapper_132 is offline Master Turd Cutter
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    05-10-06
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,314
    Rep Power
    7084544
    Too much politically correct verbage going on here.

    Lets just say it was good and leave it at that!
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

  19. #19
    121Traffic's Avatar
    121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Join Date
    01-09-06
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,547
    Rep Power
    6332993
    Quote Originally Posted by tjpuclik2 View Post
    Too much politically correct verbage going on here.

    Lets just say it was good and leave it at that!
    Actually, there wasn't much in CB's post that would be considered politically correct, in the nanny do-gooder sense of the phrase.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

  20. #20
    Sapper_132's Avatar
    Sapper_132 is offline Master Turd Cutter
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    05-10-06
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,314
    Rep Power
    7084544
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    Actually, there wasn't much in CB's post that would be considered politically correct, in the nanny do-gooder sense of the phrase.
    Your right there isn't.

    It's not his main post that I'm talking about. It's the fact that someone commented on his post and used a comparison. But since the comparison is not what CB meant he's now explaining that that’s not what he was trying to say. Honestly who cares, just take the kudos and ride on.
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. A countybear rant: I was there...
    By countybear in forum General Topics
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-01-07, 03:41 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •