Welcome to the APBWeb.
    carolina is offline Master Officer

I really don't get it?

Please explain something to me ...

Most of you know that I'm not in LE, I am off this weekend and I decided to go home (I always call it home) and see my mom as I live about 2hrs away from most all of my family.

I ran into an old highschool friend at a store that asked me what I was doing later and invited me to go drink a beer. She knew some people that were members of this awsome band that was playing at a local bar ... I like live music, but I hate cigarette smoke ... but I said ok ... I figured what the heck I'd drink a beer and catch up on old times.

The band was really good! I seen some people I knew, from wayyyy back when ... I am 44 and most of these people were like my age and older ... it was all good then she asks me if i want to do some crack .... I'm like NO. So all these old people in their 50's are running in and out of the place going back and forth to their cars doing coke or crack or some shit like that ... I mean, you can look at them and tell they are so screwed up it ain't funny.

Now I remember exactly why it was that moved away! Things have not changed a bit. Do these people not ever grow up? Do they not ever figure out that there is more to life than a line of drugs? Anyway it didn't take me too long after that to leave ... that was all I needed something stupid like that --- thank goodness I met her there.

It was funny too, because I was talking to the bouncer, he was a really kewl guy ... I'm not sure how the subject came up / I think a couple of them were going out the door as I was talking to him and he said they were so stupid .... the people parked at this convenience store across the street and they had their surveillance cameras watching them do their drugs each time they went to their cars ...

Then when I left there was a road block with a license check on both ends of the highway leaving the place ... too funny I hope they busted them all, I hate drugs.

I know that you do stupid shit in high school sometimes, you grow up, but geese ...

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. - Leo Buscaglia

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Wow. Yeah- I guess for some people the most they'll ever amount to was their status in high school or college.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Tony is offline Banned
    I'm with you in regard to drugs & such. Those cretins are trapped in a time warp. They just can't see it or perhaps have got to the stage that is all they have in life.

carolina is offline Master Officer
    Yeah, the funny thing was this person was very straight lace in school. Preppy as they say ... never did anything that I knew of ... so I was kind of shocked when she asked me that ...

Then when the bouncer and I were talking he just laughed and said yeah, that he had a taser in his pocket incase things got out of control they knew what they were doing, but .... as long as they kept it off their property ... I was like geeze ... anyway ... I just told her, that I never have tried the stuff and no reason to start now. Enjoy, nice to seeing her but it was time for me to go.

Before that I really didn't notice but like 6 or 8 people kept going in and out ... too bad a task force wasn't there that would of been great in my book. I hate the stuff. I never realized how obvious it was in how someone's face twitched and stuff ... til last night.

It was sad too, cause the lead guitarist was a 16 yo kid that awesome! They played a lot of blues like Stevie Rae Vaun and and some old classic rock, but the young man playing the guitar was awesome. They had a saxophone / harmonica /player which are all my favorites ... I'd go see the again just not in the same place.

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. - Leo Buscaglia

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    Some people never truly do get what life's really about and they get sucked into the stupid things; if your friend has gotten that blind as to what she was doing then she and her associates will eventually get what is coming to them.

Thread Information