Welcome to the APBWeb.
    CHARTOTO is offline Officer First Class

First ride along update (moved cuz not a cop question)

Hello all,

What a unique experience yesterdays ride along was. I rode all of the afternoon with an officer from the Washington County office. I was very impressed with his professionalism/manners/working knowledge.
    Thank to all that gave me advice, I took most of it. *LOL*… BTW he says… On traffic stops/or any other stop. DON’T get out of the truck.

The first guy we pulled over (speeding) I thought my heart was going to pound out of my chest. I never moved. Edited by site moderators, LE sensitive material

We pulled up behind a nice new caddy to offer assistance on the side of the highway, while he was calling in his location this huge guy gets of the caddy and starts back to us. He grabs the PA and says “sir could you get back in your car please” Guy does. I thought… oh sh** that guy is huge…….Officer John gets out walks up to the window and the guy just starts waiving his arms and hands and stuff. All the while this is taking place there comes a call on the radio that two vehicles were playing tag or there was some type of road rage going on close to where we are. Turns out these people in the caddy were almost run off the road by the two vehicles that were involved with road rage.

So Officer John jumps back in the truck, hits the lights and stuff and off we go. Man riding 100mph puts some adrenalin in ya body to say the least. We end up running out of the county before we can catch the other two cars that were sitting on the road. We still don’t know which one which was causing all the trouble.

Well I have rambled long enough on here. To say the least it was very nice. Did not ask any stupid questions. Listen to everything he had to say.

Shook his hand at the end, thanked him again for the ride along, he says you are welcome. I would do that again in a second and he says anytime.

Jackalope is offline Yell O
    I'm glad you had a good time, and learned something. However, I think the information in your second paragraph is a little too sensitive for a public forum. I'd edit it out if I were you.
    "I'm not a coward,
    I've just never been tested
    I'd like to think that if I was,
    I would pass"
    ~Mighty Mighty Bosstones~

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    I'm glad you had a good time, and learned something. However, I think the information in your second paragraph is a little too sensitive for a public forum. I'd edit it out if I were you.
    Good catch, Jack, thank you...

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

CHARTOTO is offline Officer First Class
    It was already edited by Countybear, thank you sirs for catching that, I willlllllllllll be more careful with public fourms!!

Thread Information