Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Cst.SB is offline Officer First Class

Darfur - The real reason behind the genocide!

Wow..............

UN chief blames Darfur on climate
    June 18, 2007

WASHINGTON: UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has said global warming caused the Darfur slaughter, and warned more such conflicts may be looming.

"The Darfur conflict began as an ecological crisis, arising at least in part from climate change," Mr Ban says in a Washington Post opinion piece.

UN statistics show rainfall has declined by about 40 per cent over the past two decades, he says, as a rise in temperatures in the Indian Ocean disrupted the monsoons.

"This suggests the drying of sub-Saharan Africa derives to some degree from man-made global warming," the South Korean diplomat writes. "It is no accident the violence in Darfur erupted during the drought."

When Darfur's land was rich, he says, black farmers welcomed Arab herders and shared their water with them.

With the drought, however, the farmers fenced in their land to prevent overgrazing.

"For the first time in memory, there was no longer enough food and water for all. Fighting broke out," he says.

A UN peacekeeping force may stop the fighting, he says, and more than two million people may return to rebuilt homes in safe villages.

"But what to do about the essential dilemma: the fact there's no longer enough good land to go around?

"Any real solution to Darfur's troubles involves sustained economic development", perhaps using new technologies, genetically modified grains, or irrigation, while improving health, education and sanitation.

Sudan is not the only country with such problems, Mr Ban says, and he names Somalia, Ivory Coast and Burkina Faso as African countries with "food and water insecurity".

Khartoum agreed this week to accept 23,000 UN and African Union troops after four years of fighting, in which at least 200,000 people have died.

AFP

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    And of course Africa has never had a drought before this decade, and Africa has never had a war before this decade...

So the Global Warming theory makes perfect sense to me.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Ianl6 is offline Dreamboy First Class
    I bet i can say what Africa has got ITS HANDS OUT begging more money from the international community,after all all the thousands of starving there.But a few more million dollars buys a heck of a lot of AK47's.
    Last edited by Ianl6; 06-18-07 at 10:43 PM. Reason: typing error
    Public conscience message board
    post on a board with a heart.

http://dreamboyuk52.proboards60.com/index.cgi

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    So, since it is so hot here in SW Florida, it is ok for me to shoot someone in the head instead of giving them a ticket? Give me a damn break, it has been going on over there like that for 100's of years. One hell of a heatspell I guess. When I was in Mogadishu, the people there had all the guns, bullets, rpg's and khat that they could stand. I guess their prorities are a bit skewed also. I know, the warm weather made all of them get high on khat and shoot at us Americans who were trying to give them food.
    Last edited by ex401mp; 06-18-07 at 11:08 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by ex401mp View Post
    So, since it is so hot here in SW Florida, it is ok for me to shoot someone in the head instead of giving them a ticket? Give me a damn break, it has been going on over there like that for 100's of years. One hell of a heatspell I guess. When I was in Mogadishu, the people there had all the guns, bullets, rpg's and khat that they could stand. I guess their prorities are a bit skewed also. I know, the warm weather made all of them get high on khat and shoot at us Americans who were trying to give them food.
    Didn't you hear, Somalia is where the next heat related genocide is going to occur. (Somalia, Ivory Coast and Burkina Faso)

And send us up your heat. It's been way below average up here.

CT209 is offline Once..... Forever
    Verified LEO
    Overpopulated and underdeveloped country that can't support itself....... But, that's too hard for the UN to address.

Throw in a mix of ethnic and religious turmoil which causes people to kill each other...... Wait, that's also too hard to address.

Let's blame global warming! That's easy to blame...... and the added benefit to that is that the UN can point to America as a cause. Yep, that's the way to explain it away. Evidently, the change in the UN leadership didn't change much in that organization.
    "When a crime is committed, liberals blame society. Conservatives blame the criminal." -Debra Saunders

Old Scottish Motto- "nemo me impune laccessit". It still holds true today.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon
    is demonstrating to the world that he is as huge a clueless asshole as Kofi Annan ever was...

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Verified LEO
    Lets send them Al Gore. He can address this issue with all of them personally. Maybe he can stop the killing with his nice video.

Iron Man is offline Don't Tase me bro!
    No they kill each other because they are 3rd world retards.

This is the worst excuse for anything I have ever heard....
    This message was brought to you by Tampons. We
    aren't the best thing in the world but we are right up
    there next to it.

To them its always 'scary and aggressive' driving. To us its at times a matter of life and death." -LawnMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYie3bB3OU

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

OK, I really believe global warming is a problem, and I love the UN, but even I think this is stretching the effects of global warming just a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post

OK, I really believe global warming is a problem, and I love the UN, but even I think this is stretching the effects of global warming just a bit.
    Wow, your post actually warmed my heart. (but only because my moral flexibility kicks in after 23:00hrs.. otherwise it would have warmed something else )

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

And, yet another substantial step towards Bearification

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

213th is offline Solipsist
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    And, yet another substantial step towards Bearification
    Keep up the good work sir!
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Iron Man is offline Don't Tase me bro!
    Back in the 70s it was global cooling Sure is strange how that works.

Also name one UN accomplishment. It is one of the most ineffectual international organizations.
    This message was brought to you by Tampons. We
    aren't the best thing in the world but we are right up
    there next to it.

To them its always 'scary and aggressive' driving. To us its at times a matter of life and death." -LawnMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYie3bB3OU

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Ahh..the United Nations. I just love conceptual ideas. They work so well in theory.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Verified LEO
    They can sure spend the hell out of our money, that's for sure. They are so useless, why dont they take that building in New York and move it to central Africa. I bet they will come up with some better solutions then.

Thread Information