Welcome to the APBWeb.
    The Lostralian is offline Fighting the battle

Advice from a crackhead.

Ok, so after I got off work today I sat outside and waited for my sister to finish up her paperwork. I sat there talking to a coworker telling her about my academy entrance exam that am taking in a month. Well there was this guy sitting across from us, his teeth were missing and the dude just looked "fucked up". Well he started telling me about how he's a retired corrections officer and that I'm only 23 and that I shouldn't put my life on the line cause its not worth it. He says as soon as I become the rookie, every guy in there is going to look at me as the "young sweet thang" and all the guys are gonna wanna try to get some or else I can't join the law enforcement "family".

I tell this guy that I'm tough I can take care of myself, I don't wanna be 30 yrs old working for 12 bucks an hour. I wanted to do something with my life. I told him, just because you didn't like your job, it doesn't mean I'm not going to like it. I'm not going to change my mind about ANYTHING I've decided to become in life just because YOU [a person who is trying to hit on me right now] told me they're not going to treat me right. He said he didn't like his job, and that I shouldn't even be thinking about such a job because it's not gonna get me an ywhere if I don't give the guys I'm working with some ass.

Seriously...does he really think I'm that stupid?

Fuck the people who are trying to keep away from the job I was put out to do. I am not going to let anything take me down. In the past 5 months I was offered speed, coke, and pot. 2 fire depts asked if I'd like to work for them, and I turned everything down because I want NOTHING and I mean absolutley NOTHING to get in the way of me becoming an officer.
    Future Detective of The S.P.D
    Pride Integrity Gratitude

Tony is offline Banned
    In life mate, there's those that bitch and moan, the ones that everything's a hassle, they have a set view and they know best, been there, done that, listen to me types. These are the ones that drag others down. You be what you want to be, or die trying, half efforts are a waste of life and I have a feeling you know this already.

I know of a woman who wanted to be a LEO but things didn't go to plan, she spent most of her 20's sort of lost, with people telling her she couldn't or she shouldn't, then one day she dug her heels in and told herself that she would become a cop. She's been one for over 9 years now, loving it, even though she has to deal with male cops who think with their dick.

I love this job and if you have a passion for it.....well, enough said.

Keep your chin up and get used to it. You'll be dealing with the opposition pretty much for forever. I've been interested in getting into this career field since high school. It's been since then that I deal with people thinking because I'm female I should already just consider myself a failure and go become a nurse. Like you though, it's something I really want to do so I just find ways around it.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    his teeth were missing and the dude just looked "fucked up"
    Doesn't strike me as the kind of person I'd take advice from, either...

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Where are you going that people are offering you speed coke and pot?
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    No kidding, California sounds crazy! Nobody offers me that stuff!
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

The Lostralian is offline Fighting the battle
    In life mate, there's those that bitch and moan, the ones that everything's a hassle, they have a set view and they know best, been there, done that, listen to me types. These are the ones that drag others down. You be what you want to be, or die trying, half efforts are a waste of life and I have a feeling you know this already.

Trust me, I dealt with this back when I was trying to become a firefighter, everyone said I can't do it because I'm a female, and I proved everyone wrong.

Keep your chin up and get used to it. You'll be dealing with the opposition pretty much for forever. I've been interested in getting into this career field since high school. It's been since then that I deal with people thinking because I'm female I should already just consider myself a failure and go become a nurse. Like you though, it's something I really want to do so I just find ways around it.

Thanks, I'm not giving that easily, lol, if it takes a crackhead to shut me down then I MUST be high on something..lol.

Doesn't strike me as the kind of person I'd take advice from, either...

Haha, well he sorta shoved himself into the conversation, he even came and sat next to me, telling me how sexy and that I'm gonna be "mature" and that I'm gonna have a bigger ass and all that...the dude was wierd i just got up and left...lol

Pot is everywhere here, that stuff is so easy to get, watch the news for all the Marijuanna growing busts and I guarantee you that our city in Stockton is one of them.
    Coke was offered to me by an idiot friend of mine who out of nowhere calls me and tells me he just did coke, he was bored and he felt the need to experiment and he wants me to come over. I ended up kicking his the next day.
    Speed, that stuff is all over the clubs in all the cities around. Everyone gets their hands on it to be in the "In" crowd.
    Future Detective of The S.P.D
    Pride Integrity Gratitude

Thread Information