Welcome to the APBWeb.
    BrokenOne is offline The one and only

Arrow Taser vs OC (NVHPD) account

Ok so today I did the whole X26 get tased deal.

4 or 5 out of 53 people took the 5 second ride (me being one of them). 4 people actually took the shot from the taser getting the probes inserted into the skin. after that they just placed them under shirts and pants and socks etc.

I have 1 burn mark on my right shoulder and the other burn mark on my left waist. It wasnt what I thought it would be like at all. You tighten up with a good amount of pain and it feels like a jackhammer and my vision went black with shots of light. Others in the class fell to the mat or screamed or cursed (most sounded like Chubaka) I just stood there (most likely with a red clintched face) without making too much noise (if any at all)

After it was done I was like "alright" and walked off the mat. I was suprised at how fast the effects go away.

I would take the Taser any day over OC, I never want to get OC'd again OC was the worst experience of my life by far, Taser is if it never happend.

-NVHPD

Tune in next week for more useless info from yours truly

EDIT: I will put the video on the net when I get it along with the OC

Mem
    Mem is offline Banned
    Ok, how about a citizen question? All the police sites and all the videos I see, it looks painful. I know in my head it the a better tool for you in LE and keeps you safer but dang.......is this my choice as a citizen? No complaints, but please......use it wisely and not just "whenever". If my response is not to your liking......guess what...this is what the general public hears, and responds but we are learning so get over it. Thank you

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by NVHPD
    after that they just placed them under shirts and pants

Well, at least they didn't OC you in your pants. That would smart.

You're a brave man, Charlie Brown!
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 01-25-06 at 02:12 AM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mem
    Ok, how about a citizen question? All the police sites and all the videos I see, it looks painful. I know in my head it the a better tool for you in LE and keeps you safer but dang.......is this my choice as a citizen? No complaints, but please......use it wisely and not just "whenever". If my response is not to your liking......guess what...this is what the general public hears, and responds but we are learning so get over it. Thank you
    I don't really understand what you're saying It's easy not to get tased, officers will usually warn you at least once before tasing you, so the simple solution is... stop doing what they tell you not to

MisterK is offline Monkey Man
    What he said...
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft. -
    Theodore Roosevelt

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

There are strict rules of when someone can use a taser, Back when they first came out officers were a little over zealous and were tasing everything that said NO to them, now it should be different.

And as a "civilian" I would much rather be tased than OC'd and it sure as hell beats being SHOT. But that is just me.

And what was already said.... if you are in a situation where you are being tased by the police, you are a shithead and deserve it.

And as a "civilian" I would much rather be tased than OC'd and it sure as hell beats being SHOT. But that is just me.
    Me too... I've had jalapano pepper in my eyes a few times, and I hear that kinda pain is NOTHING compared with OC.

There have been a few deaths linked to OC around here, too... I think they said on the news that it happens when people inhale a large amount of it, or they alreay have asthma or allergies that cause it to swell their windpipe - Any insight into that claim about OC?

As you say, though, it's better than being shot - Everyone's allergic to lead!

(\__/)

Vendetta is offline Today, We are All Hokies
    Verified LEO
    Do you have BURN marks or "signature" marks. We were taught in the DOC academy never to call them burn marks in court but rather "signature" marks of the electronic device because it sounded better. Then I became a Deputy and we dont have any neat electronics
    "And don't go home, and don't go to eat, and don't play with yourself. It wouldn't look nice on my highway", Buford T. Justice

#1 Rule in Police: Sometimes its easier to ask Forgiveness than it is to ask Permission

No one knows what it's like
    To be the bad man
    To be the sad man
    Behind blue eyes

Welpe is offline Wannabe NFL Ref
    From one citizen to another....don't give the police a reason to Taze you and you won't have to worry about them.
    "To the German commander: 'Nuts!' The American Commander" - General Tony McAuliffe, 101st Airborne Division

Quote Originally Posted by Welpe
    From one citizen to another....don't give the police a reason to Taze you and you won't have to worry about them.
    Amen - Or just accept the consequences!

(\__/)

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I just put a bunch of dead batteries in my pocket then slap a police officer and get them recharged for free

WC145 is offline Clam Cop
    Why would you volunteer to get zapped? It's bad enough we have to get sprayed. Personally, I don't care how the POS I have to use these things on feels or what he experiences, having experienced it myself won't affect my decision to use it nor will it make me empathetic to his plight as a down on his luck, just turning his life around, had to do it to get by, soon to be productive citizen.
    Train as if your life depended on it... Someday it might!

Quote Originally Posted by WC145
    Why would you volunteer to get zapped? It's bad enough we have to get sprayed. Personally, I don't care how the POS I have to use these things on feels or what he experiences
    I've always wondered that too. I guess with OC, you do it so you won't be too surprised if you accidentally get some in your eyes in real life???

(\__/)

StanSwitek is offline Corporal
    I think what many in the public fail to realize is that the force or lack of force used to take a suspect into custody is dictated 100% by the suspects actions. I never saw a person roughed up that submitted peacefully to arrest as required by law. I think the Taser is a much better tool when suspects resist compared to OC. More effective, more range, more accurate. Officers on my department rarely go hands on any more. If a suspect refuses to comply with voice commands, meet Mr. Taser. Now some of the uninformed my be wringing their writs over this but what we have found is that injuries to suspects & officers are way down.

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Exactly as an citizen you simply obey the commands that are given to you. Resist and you will get hit with the taser/oc. Its pretty simple when I tell you to put your hands behind your back, or to get on the ground just DO IT. The use of a taser is a tool that I have found is more of an intimidation tool around my area. The simple pulling of the taser and turning it on so that the light and laser come on will scare the shit out of people. It makes them think long and hard before they do something stupid.

Also I make you own your decision. I simply tell you get down do not make me tase you. I genereally will say it a few times then if you do not Zap. Its simple. Do what your told, when your told and there are no issues.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Quote Originally Posted by wcso234
    Do you have BURN marks or "signature" marks. We were taught in the DOC academy never to call them burn marks in court but rather "signature" marks of the electronic device because it sounded better. Then I became a Deputy and we dont have any neat electronics
    I sure do lol... it was funny, after the 5 second ride I was like *smell* something is burning.
    I have two signature marks, 1 on my shoulder and 1 on my left hip.
    good times

Cheech Guest
    I sure do lol... it was funny, after the 5 second ride I was like *smell* something is burning.
    good times
    Haha, Thats disgusting.

good times
    Sniff-Sniff - Smells like bacon

Sorry - I grew up in the 1960's. The older cops probably get that

(\__/)

StanSwitek is offline Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie
    Sniff-Sniff - Smells like bacon

Sorry - I grew up in the 1960's. The older cops probably get that
    I get it. My response to people who called me that was, "Your mother is not in this car!"

FishTail Guest
    is this my choice as a citizen?
    No...it's your choice as an uncooperative, resistive citizen who is suspected of a crime. Ordinary citizens don't get tazed or sprayed. I actually manage to talk to hundreds of citizens a year without spraying them.

Thread Information