Welcome to the APBWeb.

View Poll Results: Am I Crazy?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, go for it if that's what you want.

24 80.00%
  • Yes, you're crazy, give it up.

6 20.00%
  • You'd never make it.

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Am I Crazy?

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by PACMAN
    It is ok you could not cut it Brad, I still respect JROTC....
    I was in the Army (Reserves) dick!!!! Don't hate me, cause you ain't me!

mxwelch is offline Kalashnikitty
    Well, I talked to the recruiter today and here it is in a nutshell: As long as I'm in shape, he said he should be able to get me a waiver. I asked him various questions pertaining to my employer, what MOS openings we have around that I could drive for drill etc... Looking like Quantico. Great rifle ranges.

The position of combat engineer looks like a possibility. I have a face to face meeting with all my paperwork scheduled for next week. His only concern was my only concern, could my body handle it. I told him I'd rather not go to Paris Island in the summer and that I needed about 3-4 months to get in shape and he told me that should work.

Indy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Welpe
    Man you guys know how to mother f$^% a thread, that's for sure.
    That right there is what you call talent.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Damn Mxwelch... that's some serious stuff. I hope you make the right choice that will lead to what you want. I'd totally be there in the summer, as I can't stand to be cold one bit Good luck getting through the process, if it's what you decide to do! Come on down here and run with me, I need to get my ass in shape for a 10k in April and I am not there yet

PACMAN is offline Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator
    I was in the Army (Reserves) dick!!!! Don't hate me, cause you ain't me!
    Oh the Army Reserves!.......AHEM well My apologies! I had no Idea you were a reservist, I stand corrected....I will tell all these Marines at MCAS Fightertown and Camp Pendleton to stand the fuck by because the Brad the ARMY Reservist is coming to visit San Diego.......

Quote Originally Posted by Virginian
    Damn Mxwelch... that's some serious stuff. I hope you make the right choice that will lead to what you want. I'd totally be there in the summer, as I can't stand to be cold one bit Good luck getting through the process, if it's what you decide to do! Come on down here and run with me, I need to get my ass in shape for a 10k in April and I am not there yet
    You wouldn't be cold after the first couple of miles. Besides, it is just S.C.
    Last edited by mxwelch; 01-28-06 at 08:46 PM.

I found my DD-214 and took a peek at my re-enlistment code. RE-3. I did some digging and found a website that explains the codes. I was honorably discharged from the Guard in 1989 for a condition called Osgood-Schlatters. It's an inflammation of the knees that affects a percentage of teenagers. It no longer bothers me. I would suspect that the "3" left an open door to get back in with a waiver. Any thoughts on this?

http://www.usmchangout.com/reenlistmentcodes.htm

lastoutcop4ever is offline "Works for me!!!"
    Anyone who helps out in the Armed Forces is okay in my book...GO FOR IT!!! GOOD LUCK!

MountainCop Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mxwelch
    I found my DD-214 and took a peek at my re-enlistment code. RE-3. I did some digging and found a website that explains the codes. I was honorably discharged from the Guard in 1989 for a condition called Osgood-Schlatters. It's an inflammation of the knees that affects a percentage of teenagers. It no longer bothers me. I would suspect that the "3" left an open door to get back in with a waiver. Any thoughts on this?

http://www.usmchangout.com/reenlistmentcodes.htm
    Per the ANG web site http://www.army.com/enlist/ps-re-codes.html

Code RE-3 is: Individuals who are not qualified for continued Army service, but the disqualification is waiverable. Ineligible for enlistment unless a waiver is granted. So I think you're OK with a waiver.

Dont feel bad. Since I went out with a severe back injury (later mostly cured with an experimental surgery) - they gave me an RE-4. No way, no how. Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by MountainCop
    Per the ANG web site http://www.army.com/enlist/ps-re-codes.html

Code RE-3 is: Individuals who are not qualified for continued Army service, but the disqualification is waiverable. Ineligible for enlistment unless a waiver is granted. So I think you're OK with a waiver.

Dont feel bad. Since I went out with a severe back injury (later mostly cured with an experimental surgery) - they gave me an RE-4. No way, no how. Oh well...
    Cool, I never thought that the codes would be different from branch to branch. My conditon no longer affects me and I need a waiver for age anyway. I guess I'll find out soon enough. Rep for the info I'm too stupid too think about.

Signal_W Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lastoutcop4ever
    Anyone who helps out in the Armed Forces is okay in my book...GO FOR IT!!! GOOD LUCK!

Bro isn't that Gary the Retard as your avatar?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information