Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jim1348 is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO

Cell Phone Case (Nextel i560)

We just switched Nextels recently at work and went from the i530 to the i560. Anyway, although I am typically not in uniform, I am rather underwhelmed by the plastic belt clip that we are issued for it. I seemed to break them fairly often with the i530 and I have already damaged the one for the i560 after only a few weeks of use. I have been looking around and it would appear as if not all cell phone cases are created equally. Has anybody here found any cases that seem to be suited for police work? Something that isn't going to fall off right away or break if you get into a knock down drag out?

Sapper_132 is offline Master Turd Cutter
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I have a Motorola Razer and bought one of those protective covers for 5 bucks at the mall. I dropped a 85 lb dumbbell on it a few days ago and it held up fine. I used to have a Nextel i530 as well. Holder brokeall the time. I think Nextel phones just suck in general, big money for a good for nothing phone.
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

OfficerResource.com is offline Site Administrator
    Verified LEO
    I carry a sony w300i the best phone i ever owned! It was free and it is an mp3 player, fm raido and Walkman all in one!

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Reca View Post
    I carry a sony w300i the best phone i ever owned! It was free and it is an mp3 player, fm raido and Walkman all in one!
    Thanks for the tech update, Chang! But what the fuck does this have to do with the original queston??

In all seriousness, Jim, are you looking for a better holster, or an actual protective cover for the phone?
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Jim1348 is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO
    I am looking for something to carry it on my belt, preferably a black cordura or ballistic nylon. I guess the big thing is having a belt clip that goes completely over a 2-1/4 inch belt and won't slip off.

bird1 is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    I just got rid of my Nextel and got one of these
    Attachment 775
    " The hardest thing about disarming an armed suspect is not slipping on your own shit "

Michael P. Gordon E.O.W 08 Aug 2004

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

1*girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapper_132 View Post
    I think Nextel phones just suck in general, big money for a good for nothing phone.
    Whaaat? I've had the i275 (I know, big ugly phone but I wasn't sure if I'd like Next-hell and it was on sale for $10 online) for a year now and I've thrown, dropped, scratched, etc that thing MANY times and haven't had a problem with it yet! It doesn't even fall under the "durable" category...but then again it is a Motorola.

Doc_Holliday is offline California Dreaming...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    I am looking for something to carry it on my belt, preferably a black cordura or ballistic nylon. I guess the big thing is having a belt clip that goes completely over a 2-1/4 inch belt and won't slip off.
    Go to Home Depot, down the electrical isle, Klein makes a couple of different sizes of nylon. They will have abig brown Klein leather patch on them, that I think you should be able to cut off. The clip is pretty stout on them as well, velcro flap.
    500 fights, that's the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 street fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that's what you are.

Darin is offline I'm sooooo gonna score
    Verified LEO
    I have a i560 and have never broken a belt clip. I did break a phone tho. I'd get a good leather case with built in clip.

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    that is why my phone is kept in my shirt pocket
    just never worked on the belt
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and