Welcome to the APBWeb.

View Poll Results: Have you ever met someone claiming to be Jesus Christ?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I've met someone claiming to be Jesus Christ

28 52.83%
  • No, I've never met anyone claiming to be Jesus Christ

25 47.17%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Ever meet Jesus Christ?

Have you ever met anyone claiming to be Jesus Christ? I imagine many insane people of the kind LEOs deal with believe they are Jesus. But what if the real Jesus came? How could you tell He wasn't just another crazy guy?

Illiy is offline Corporal
    **stares blankly**

Jenna, I am starting to worry about you.....

**walking away slowly**

Claude Baulz is offline Officer First Class
    Jenna, I have to say I like the dog ALOT more than the sheep.

What brought the sheep into the picture? Have you found that they are better companions than dogs? Anything you want to open up about and tell the group?
    Never have so many owed so much to so few.

ipso608 is offline S W A M P M A F I A !
    "People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours!"

" A Society That Wages A War Against Its' Police, Had Better Learn To Make Friends With Its' Criminals."

www.myspace.com/bufordhebert

Crimebytes2 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    But what if the real Jesus came? How could you tell He wasn't just another crazy guy?
    I didn't think you believed in Jesus, so why would you care? You have fallen to an all time low with this one! As a member of the Church of Christ, I am deeply offended.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone. I would like to believe that the claims of Christianity are accurate, but have difficulty doing so; I'm still searching. I was wondering why God hasn't communicated directly with humans (as God and Jesus are said to have done with the men who wrote the Bible) since Biblical times. That got me thinking about whether such communications have actually occurred but been ignored, and how we could be able to tell a genuine communication from God from a fake one, or a real Jesus Christ from a fake one.

bird1 is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    " The hardest thing about disarming an armed suspect is not slipping on your own shit "

Michael P. Gordon E.O.W 08 Aug 2004

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Crimebytes2 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone. I would like to believe that the claims of Christianity are accurate, but have difficulty doing so; I'm still searching. I was wondering why God hasn't communicated directly with humans (as God and Jesus did with the men who wrote the Bible) since Biblical times. That got me thinking about whether such communications have actually occurred but been ignored, and how we could be able to tell a genuine communication from God from a fake one, or a real Jesus Christ from a fake one.
    God does communicate with us - through His word.

Sapper_132 is offline Master Turd Cutter
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Oh I thought she was talking about the crazy people that I've meet on patrol trying to tell me they are jesus or something.

I'm not a big believer in this area anyway.

Cause it sounds of BS.

When someone refers to god who do they think of? Jesus right?
    Not me I thought he was the creater and Jesus was his son. But he was you say, then how come I'm told to believe in only 1 god but infact there are two in christainity?
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapper_132 View Post
    Oh I thought she was talking about the crazy people that I've meet on patrol trying to tell me they are jesus or something.
    Funny stories about crazy people claiming to be Jesus and serious discussions of the nature of truth and divinity are both welcome.

smokey703 is offline I'm Bi-WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Verified LEO
    I thought the samething Sapper.
    Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

Tony is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude Baulz View Post
    Jenna, I have to say I like the dog ALOT more than the sheep.

What brought the sheep into the picture? Have you found that they are better companions than dogs? Anything you want to open up about and tell the group?
    *LOL* Oh, just wondering if you know Ivor Biggin or Nora Tittoff??

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I didn't think you believed in Jesus, so why would you care? You have fallen to an all time low with this one! As a member of the Church of Christ, I am deeply offended.
    I'm not sure how a Christian would become offended by such a simple question... even one which is addressed scripturally. Puhlease. I don't read a single bit of "drama mongering" in this question, and I think it deserves an answer, after all, if God Himself thought it was a subject to address, why should anyone be "deeply offended"?

Keep being that dramatic, and I'll present you with an Oscar.

Mat 25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
    Now then to an answer (notice I didn't say a right answer, or even a good answer, I simply said, an answer).

In the 25th verse of Matthew, Jesus told parables of the coming of the Kingdom, in those, He addressed similar questions to that which you pose:

Mat 25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

Mat 25:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Mat 25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed [thee]? or thirsty, and gave [thee] drink?

Mat 25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took [thee] in? or naked, and clothed [thee]?

Mat 25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done [it] unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done [it] unto me.

Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Mat 25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Mat 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of the least of these, ye did [it] not to me.

Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
    The answer is simple, Jenna. Our Lord taught that if you treat all people with the same due respect, the same level of care, and under the same dilligence you display an equal safeguard and value for life, it really matters not whom you address. For, in fact, you are addressing His own, and His created, and therefore, Him.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Tony is offline Banned
    Funny stories about crazy people claiming to be Jesus and philosophical meditations on the nature of truth and divinity are both welcome.
    Sorry to say they have all been crazy people.

I recall one such unhinged bloke, he was a Doctor who'd flipped out, he was throwing large volcanic rocks into the windows of a reception centre. He was only dressed in his y-fronts and frothing at the mouth. He was casting out the demons that were living inside the centre. When we took to the hospital they all knew him, he was their boss!!!

Of course, there's lots roaming the streets in the city who are f**ked up, through alcohol, drugs or mental illness.

Perhaps spirituality would be a better topic, instead of divinity.

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    I haven't come across anyone claiming to be Jesus yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time!
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I would also highly suggest following this link to the transcript of a sermon entitled "How Will You Know If It's Jesus?" by Methodist Bishop William Willimon, one of the most notable scholars and teachers in the Methodist Church.

He also thought this question was worth exploring...

http://www.day1.net/index.php5?view=transcripts&tid=509

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

smokey703 is offline I'm Bi-WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Verified LEO
    I was dealing with one of our regulars one night and as usual he was hammered. I kept calling him by his name and he would not respond and finally he looked at me with the most serious face and said I am Jesus Christ, sent here from heaven to free the world of alcohol. He then told me that he was given direct orders to drink every beer in the world. Then he titled me as the 4-eyed white devil sent here to kill, steal, and destroy.
    Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

ipso608 is offline S W A M P M A F I A !
    I have also "MET" Hercules, who pissed all over the back seat of my unit. On the way to the M.H. he told me that his mom was snow white.
    "People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours!"

" A Society That Wages A War Against Its' Police, Had Better Learn To Make Friends With Its' Criminals."

www.myspace.com/bufordhebert

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I've run into a couple of EDPs claiming to be Jesus. Both were violent, vulgar, and obviously psychotic. I dont think the real Jesus will present himself that way.

BTW I dont see how this question could be offensive.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Ianl6 is offline Dreamboy First Class
    Have you ever met anyone claiming to be Jesus Christ? I imagine many insane people of the kind LEOs deal with believe they are Jesus. But what if the real Jesus came? How could you tell He wasn't just another crazy guy?
    I have never met anybody claiming to be Jesus Christ i have met a old boss who told me as far as i was concerned he was god but i didn't believe him.
    Public conscience message board
    post on a board with a heart.

http://dreamboyuk52.proboards60.com/index.cgi

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information