Welcome to the APBWeb.
    cwtlady is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2

Police humor directed at civilians....

Just a funny story Iíd like to share....

Many, many years ago when I was expecting my first child, I ran into a couple of off-duty deputies at a wedding with a very warped sense of humor. They were lurking outside the womenís bathroom waiting for me to come out. When I came out they stopped me and introduced themselves as deputies and said they worked with one of our friends (who was also a deputy at that time).

I was in my ninth month of pregnancy but still had a few weeks to go. These deputies said that they noticed I was due any time now and looked like I was tired of carrying around my extra burden. They offered to deliver the baby for me. They said they had training as LEOs in childbirth and had watched some training films so they knew what they were doing. When that didnít work to convince me, one of them said that their wife had given birth and they had been in the delivery room with her.

Since I was still not convinced and had not said a word yet (I was speechless) they continued on with graphic descriptions of how they would deliver the baby and how they would put me into labor. It involved a knife, a table, the kitchen and more knives. Needless to say, I stood there unable to speak as they laughed at my changing facial expressions. They wanted me to follow them into the kitchen to begin the process but thankfully about that time my husband comes along and saves me. But they repeat the whole ďofferĒ for him and thatís when I found my voice and asked my husband to help me get out of there. He thought the whole thing was funny. At the time, I didnít think it was funny. I was having false labor and I could have gone into labor for real and then I thought Iíd be stuck there with two eager-to-deliver deputies. No thanks.

I never did bother to find out their names. I should thank them. Iíve never looked a police officer the same way again.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Uhhhh.... what the hell?

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

nsb22 is offline Crazilicious
    Why would a troll be a supporting member?

I think she was just telling us a story that she thought some of us might enjoy.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
    -- Ambrose Redmoon

The views and postings of NSB22 are in no way shared or supported by NSB22's employers.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by nsb22 View Post
    Why would a troll be a supporting member?

I think she was just telling us a story that she thought some of us might enjoy.
    Exactly. It's just that. I'm not a troll.

It's a true story. I'm sorry some took it the wrong way.

snuffy2202 is offline JUST ANOTHER TEQUILA SUNRISE
    Verified LEO
    They are sick, perverted, twisted individuals. Sounds like they would be a lot of fun to be around.

pc830cop is offline Just another squirrel looking for a NUT
    Verified LEO
    Sounds like something my friends and I would do!

Searching for Evil and the Perfect donut (Love that book)

"It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you"
    -Batman Begins

There are gains for all our losses
    There are balms for all our pain
    But, when youth, the dream, departs
    It takes something from our hearts
    And it never comes again

"Captain, it is I Ensign Pulver. I just threw your damn palm tree overboard. Now, what's all this crap about no movie tonight?" -Ens Pulver in Mister Roberts

The man who will go where his colors go, without asking who will fight a phantom foe in the jungle and mountain range, without counting, and who will suffer and die in the midst of incredible hardship, without complaint, is still what he has always been, from Imperial Rome to sceptered Britain to democratic America. He is the stuff of which legions are made. ...His pride is in his colors and his regiment, his training hard and thorough and coldly realistic, to fit him for what he must face...and his obedience is to his orders. He has been called United State Marine.
    T.R. Fehrenbach, This Kind of War

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by pc830cop View Post
    Sounds like something my friends and I would do!
    I hope I didn't give anyone any ideas! Remember, that pregnant woman has to have a sense of humor...otherwise...you'll get hit with a purse.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/16551-de...l-eron-shannon

Police Officers put themselves at risk for strangers every day. Some do not make it home to their families. Next time you think of saying something negative about the police, remember...YOU are one of the strangers.

Crimebytes2 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cwtlady4LE View Post
    Exactly. It's just that. I'm not a troll.

It's a true story. I'm sorry some took it the wrong way.
    Chris, since when do YOU owe anyone an apology? If they don't get it that's their problem. You know how to reach me.

LaWanda

PS ~ nice signature... sad that so many here fail to realize much less appreciate and acknowledge it.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimebytes2 View Post
    Chris, since when do YOU owe anyone an apology? If they don't get it that's their problem. You know how to reach me.

LaWanda

PS ~ nice signature... sad that so many here fail to realize much less appreciate and acknowledge it.
    My intent was to share with the public that police officers have a fun side to them. Every now and then they let their guard down and show it. I was also hoping that others would share their stories of funny things that officers said or did to them.

LaWanda, you and I have the utmost respect for LE. You and I have friends and family in LE that we care about and we take great offense at those who have nothing better to do than to find fault with the people we care about. It hurts us too when this happens because we care so deeply for them.

We are not critics for a reason. We know that they are giving their very best every minute they are in uniform and even when not in uniform. We choose not to argue with them not that we don't have an opinion but rather that we are honoring them by listening to what they have to tell us. For that I do not apologize.

You and I know in our hearts how we feel. While LEOs and civilians may not agree on everything in the religious and political fields, when it comes to LE there is only one side to be on and that's pro-LE.

I was just sharing why I see officers the way I do. They're fun. They're goofy at times. And they will always be there when we need them.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/16551-de...l-eron-shannon

Police Officers put themselves at risk for strangers every day. Some do not make it home to their families. Next time you think of saying something negative about the police, remember...YOU are one of the strangers.

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I for one get the humor, remember you don't have to be crazy to be in Law Enforcement but it sure helps, at least that is what my voices tell me.

If we didn't have a warped sense of humor, would we be able to get through a shift?

Thread Information