Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

A countybear rant: I was there...

Dear Mr. Citizen,

I heard when you remarked, “They are never here when you need them…” but…

When that new alarm system went off at your business, and the alarm company couldn’t get a hold of you, I was there. I know you wanted to be, to make sure everything was all right, but I was, and it was.

When you were on vacation, and the newspapers began to pile up in your driveway advertising that you were away, I was there to pick them up. I also walked around your place and checked the windows and doors for you. You never knew it, but I was there.

When your son had just gotten his license and let his new found freedom go to his head a bit, I was there, too. He got a reminder of his responsibility as a driver. You got angry with me, but I was there. When your daughter and her friends had that wreck in town, I was there too. I realize that you really wanted to be, but I was. I called you and let you know she was ok. Remember?

When your wife was going to her Mother’s to visit, and they had a flat on a darkened, lonely stretch of highway, I was there. I know you wanted to be, but I was. I changed that tire, just like you would have.

When your Mother fell and broke her hip, I was there. I know you couldn’t be, but I was. I held her hand for you. I quieted her fears. I helped the Medics lift her gently into the ambulance.

When your child got lost at the fair, when your wallet got lost at the airport, and when you saw that strange guy hanging around the park, I was there.

When the storm came in, you left your home for higher ground, and people who didn’t listen to the warnings were looking to scavenge your lifesavings after it passed, I was there. I know you were really glad not to be, but I was there. When terror struck and buildings fell, I was there.

When my daughter played a solo at the band concert, I couldn’t be there, but you were. You clapped for my daughter, just not as loudly as I would have. Someone else’s daughter had been in a wreck and needed me more.

When my son ran back that interception for a 52-yard touchdown, I couldn’t be there, but you were. You cheered for him, just not as loudly as I would have. Someone else’s son needed to be reminded not to drive recklessly.

When the local team won the championship, when the church had the fundraiser, when our favorite band came in concert, I couldn’t make it, but you did. Someone else’s mother needed a hand to hold. Someone else’s alarm went off. Someone else’s newspapers needed to be picked up.

When my family wanted me to share a moment, needed me to talk to, or needed advice on life, I wasn’t there, either. Someone else’s family needed me more, to protect them, advise them, or even just listen to them.

When my wife left, she said, “You’re never here…”, "I want a normal life", and “Your family just isn't important enough to you”. If she only knew…

Why, do you ask, would anyone pay so dearly to do a job like mine? Imagine if no one would, and no one really was there...

Signed, your often-overlooked friend,

The law enforcement officer.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

pc830cop is offline Just another squirrel looking for a NUT
    Verified LEO

thanks for posting. Sometimes I need something to remind me why I am a cop

Searching for Evil and the Perfect donut (Love that book)

"It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you"
    -Batman Begins

There are gains for all our losses
    There are balms for all our pain
    But, when youth, the dream, departs
    It takes something from our hearts
    And it never comes again

"Captain, it is I Ensign Pulver. I just threw your damn palm tree overboard. Now, what's all this crap about no movie tonight?" -Ens Pulver in Mister Roberts

The man who will go where his colors go, without asking who will fight a phantom foe in the jungle and mountain range, without counting, and who will suffer and die in the midst of incredible hardship, without complaint, is still what he has always been, from Imperial Rome to sceptered Britain to democratic America. He is the stuff of which legions are made. ...His pride is in his colors and his regiment, his training hard and thorough and coldly realistic, to fit him for what he must face...and his obedience is to his orders. He has been called United State Marine.
    T.R. Fehrenbach, This Kind of War

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    You might want to copyright that. You know, so no one steals it.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    Chris... Wow. That about sums up the general attitude of the public in my area and probably everyone else's. Awesome write.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Chris... Wow. That about sums up the general attitude of the public in my area and probably everyone else's. Awesome write.
    +1
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Moving and powerful, as usual.

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    Dear Mr. Citizen,

I heard when you remarked, “They are never here when you need them…” but…

When that new alarm system went off at your business, and the alarm company couldn’t get a hold of you, I was there. I know you wanted to be, to make sure everything was all right, but I was, and it was.

When you were on vacation, and the newspapers began to pile up in your driveway advertising that you were away, I was there to pick them up. I also walked around your place and checked the windows and doors for you. You never knew it, but I was there.

When your son had just gotten his license and let his new found freedom go to his head a bit, I was there, too. He got a reminder of his responsibility as a driver. You got angry with me, but I was there. When your daughter and her friends had that wreck in town, I was there too. I realize that you really wanted to be, but I was. I called you and let you know she was ok. Remember?

When your wife was going to her Mother’s to visit, and they had a flat on a darkened, lonely stretch of highway, I was there. I know you wanted to be, but I was. I changed that tire, just like you would have.

When your Mother fell and broke her hip, I was there. I know you couldn’t be, but I was. I held her hand for you. I quieted her fears. I helped the Medics lift her gently into the ambulance.

When your child got lost at the fair, when your wallet got lost at the airport, and when you saw that strange guy hanging around the park, I was there.

When the storm came in, you left your home for higher ground, and people who didn’t listen to the warnings were looking to scavenge your lifesavings after it passed, I was there. I know you were really glad not to be, but I was there. When terror struck and buildings fell, I was there.

When my daughter played a solo at the band concert, I couldn’t be there, but you were. You clapped for my daughter, just not as loudly as I would have. Someone else’s daughter had been in a wreck and needed me more.

When my son ran back that interception for a 52-yard touchdown, I couldn’t be there, but you were. You cheered for him, just not as loudly as I would have. Someone else’s son needed to be reminded not to drive recklessly.

When the local team won the championship, when the church had the fundraiser, when our favorite band came in concert, I couldn’t make it, but you did. Someone else’s mother needed a hand to hold. Someone else’s alarm went off. Someone else’s newspapers needed to be picked up.

When my family wanted me to share a moment, needed me to talk to, or needed advice on life, I wasn’t there, either. Someone else’s family needed me more, to protect them, advise them, or even just listen to them.

When my wife left, she said, “You’re never here…”, "I want a normal life", and “Your family just isn't important enough to you”. If she only knew…

Why, do you ask, would anyone pay so dearly to do a job like mine? Imagine if no one would, and no one really was there...

Signed, your often-overlooked friend,

The law enforcement officer.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to countybear again
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Very Good, CountyBear!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to countybear again.
    Again, you should submit your writings to some police magazines like http://www.apbweb.com/

http://www.americanthinker.com/ might be a good civilian online magazine to submit to, also... It's the one that Bob Weir uses to archive his newspaper editorials.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

TXPO710 is offline Dumb ole' Cowboy
    Verified LEO
    This should definitly get out to those who need it. All major networks and newspappers. You Sir are a poet!!!

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Probably your best post to date. I say probably, because I usually don't make it all the way to the end. But, I did on this one.

I'm going to blog it. If you want me to give proper credit other than "a guy on one of the cop forums I regular", then shoot me a PM and it will be done.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to countybear again.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

kjlaw is online now Swamp Mafia Proud!!!
    Verified LEO
    As usual Outstanding Post by Bear. That sums up what we as law enforcment officers do every day.

Keep up the good work!
    Lead from the front and always remember those who came first.

Capt. Ocativo "OX" Gonzalez
    EOW 6/16/06

Always remember that a casket is hotter than your vest.

Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Soon the whole world will be in the hands of the Swamp Mafia.

cidp24a is offline Master Officer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Awesome !!!!
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History"

"All history becomes subjective; in other words there is properly no history, only biography."

Illiy is offline Corporal
    I needed that today!

Awesome!

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    Awesome job brother,

Kinda hits home, ya know

Rep Sent
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked,” Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

SaraJ is offline Banned
    I swear I don't know what keeps you guys going. I don't see how you can do this sort of stuff every day and still have time and emotion for wife/husband and family. Maybe that's why I not only like but have super respect for cops. You're a couple of cuts above other people.

Twan007 is offline The People
    Verified LEO
    County - you never cease to amaze me with your insight and wisdom, not just this post, but all the wisdom and knowledge you have shared

thank you brother, be safe
    -=Twan007

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in alignment with his employer. Matter of fact, the poster will deny any knowledge of any post... this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...

rob84 is offline Did you press the power button?
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    GREAT post!!!!!

www.twitter.com/RobKimble1984
    www.facebook.com/robkimble

Pretty Boring Civi is offline Officer First Class
    Very nice. You have a genuine talent. You should spread that piece around.

Bama512 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Very good indeed!

mfranklin01 is offline its not vendication...its punishment
    great post county.
    "Be Polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information