Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Durango CO??

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?

Durango CO??

For those that live in CO...can you tell me if this area is nice? Lots of commercial or mostly residential? Does it get a lot of snow?? Surprisingly I am FINALLY convincing my husband to THINK about moving out of CA.....and this is a place we are going to plan a trip to go check out........it is beautiful from what we have seen online. Also, is there a police/dispatcher station nearby?? Thanks!
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

slick628 is offline Rollin' Deep
    Verified LEO
    Don't think there is anyone on this board from Durango. I can't quite remember what it was like being that I was a very young child when I last vistited there. In addition, most if not all of us on the forums from CO work in Denver metropolitain area and its immediate surroundings.

I know that doesn't really answer you question, but you may want to take a road trip and visit
    "That's how we roll"

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    Thanks Slick. We are in the planning stages of doing just that. After i get out of radio academy mid Sept. We want to visit Fort Collins area and probably go that route.
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Doc_Holliday is offline California Dreaming...
    Quote Originally Posted by Just KC View Post
    Thanks Slick. We are in the planning stages of doing just that. After i get out of radio academy mid Sept. We want to visit Fort Collins area and probably go that route.
    Just my $.02 KC, but I would pick Ft Collins over Durango anyday. I always liked FC...
    500 fights, that's the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 street fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that's what you are.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
    Just my $.02 KC, but I would pick Ft Collins over Durango anyday. I always liked FC...
    Agreed. Also be advised that both are college towns....FC has a major university (CO State) and Durango has a small college (Fort Lewis I think it's called). What I remember is that Durango had a lot, and I mean a LOT of hairy leg, barefoot, hippie chicks that hitchhike everywhere.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

So Fla Cop is offline Trunk Monkey Supporter
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    What I remember is that Durango had a lot, and I mean a LOT of hairy leg, barefoot, hippie chicks that hitchhike everywhere.
    You mean the French have invaded Colorado?

September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by So Fla Cop View Post
    You mean the French have invaded Colorado?

I sent some positive rep points your way for that one....

Thread Information